• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well eclipse is more stable usually, so this is great news for the volt.. its going to be the eagle i wanted!

Well eclipse is more stable usually, so this is great news for the volt.. its going to be the eagle i wanted!

On the note of stability of Eclipse vs Neutron... I have been working on strengthening my backhand shot and to do so have been throwing one disc rounds with my Neutron Tangent. Recently I purchased an Eclipse Tangent and have been throwing double rounds with the pair (playing the same hole twice at once).

In the past few weeks I feel my form has been cleaning up nicely, and when I throw each of these Tangents back to back I have been constantly amazed at the consistency. Roughly 250 feet out and often times sitting at the exact same distance out and maybe a yard or two apart. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if maybe one of the two has been further left every time... If so that would denote a slight bit greater stability.

Next time I go out for a round with them I'll have to pay a bit closer attention... But over all I don't notice any difference.

One thing I am curious about with Eclipse: Has anyone else noticed poor quality of glow for night golf? I use a UV flashlight but my Eclipse Anode seems to charge veeery slowly and then hold the glow for almost no time at all.

nolan, that beefy amp from a fr? My FR amp testers were weird, one in between 2r shocks and current Volts, and one super flippy. All my latest run Amps have done exactly what I expect of them though. Have not thrown any Volts with a lot of high speed turn except for some 168 pinks, which flew with less hss than my 175's.

its actually an amp i bought long after they were released. the one i bought when they first came out is incredibly understable. i heard this is opposite of usual. its 169 grams and black, slightly higher plh than my flippy 174 red fr amp. it goes dead straight on a rope, no turn, and healthy fade. very interesting disc. i should make a video with it sometime.

MVP ion really gets it going in for a putt. Only con is the plastic. Since its not a soft putter there are more chances of this thing flinging out of this basket (which has been happening more often). Great addition to a putt team though!

Is it a Soft Proton, or Soft Neutron? If not, you could give one of those a try.

From their Facebook: Looks like they might be releasing their drivers in Proton Plastic. We'll see.
mvp+proton.png

"Something new will soon hit the skies near you. Can you identify the unidentified flying object?"

One thing I am curious about with Eclipse: Has anyone else noticed poor quality of glow for night golf? I use a UV flashlight but my Eclipse Anode seems to charge veeery slowly and then hold the glow for almost no time at all.

Most eclipse stuff is great. I picked up a couple ions in eclipse when they first came out and they were some of the brightest glow discs I have had. You may have got a weak one but all is not lost, stick a LED to bottom and continue throwing it. Welcome to the dark side of dg.

keep your eclipse discs out of the daytime rounds and casual play during sunlight and they will last longer for glow rounds.

Threw MVP in a tournament today, it rained.. and MVP was worthless in the rain.

Yes i had a towel, yes i tried to dry them off.. it was raining hard and you couldn't keep anything dry, within the first 2 pins my towel was worthless, so i grabbed another towel, worked for another couple and it was too wet again..

i love mvp, but my god is there a major problem with them when they are wet, i felt like i had no power or control and lost all confidence with them, it was a total disaster. they are hard to keep dry and just a small amount of moisture can make it hard to handle them. i guess im not used to playing in rain when i practice so i wasn't expecting it to be so bad

im going to put some DX rocs, eagles and a wizard back into my bag and begin transitioning back to some discs i know can handle a little rain.

i thought i could go all MVP this year, but not without a different plastic.

Exactly.. Can't believe the thread hasn't exploded..

I think we're all just speculated-out. Plus, unlike the time of the Nano/Tensor teasers now summer is in full swing and more of us are out throwing instead of spending excess time on the inter-webz.

Personally, I'm hoping to get all three drivers in Eclipse as well as Proton. As for a new driver, it's possible but I don't expect one.

Threw MVP in a tournament today, it rained.. and MVP was worthless in the rain.

Yes i had a towel, yes i tried to dry them off.. it was raining hard and you couldn't keep anything dry, within the first 2 pins my towel was worthless, so i grabbed another towel, worked for another couple and it was too wet again..

i love mvp, but my god is there a major problem with them when they are wet, i felt like i had no power or control and lost all confidence with them, it was a total disaster. they are hard to keep dry and just a small amount of moisture can make it hard to handle them. i guess im not used to playing in rain when i practice so i wasn't expecting it to be so bad

im going to put some DX rocs, eagles and a wizard back into my bag and begin transitioning back to some discs i know can handle a little rain.

i thought i could go all MVP this year, but not without a different plastic.

were you throwing Neutron? I have noticed this as well. soft proton tends to have slightly better grip

Not MVP related, but just wanted to give some sweet credit to Community Discs:

So basically, I ordered an Opto Pure from Community Discs, and there was a 2 day delay on the shipping, which is not a big deal to me at all, but when the package arrived, an EZE (or whatever that plastic is called) Pure accompanied my Opto Pure with an apology letter from Community Disc for the delay! They are awesome!

were you throwing Neutron? I have noticed this as well. soft proton tends to have slightly better grip

doesnt matter for me, both neutron and proton feel very similar when wet.. they suck.

not to say other plastics form other companies dont perform bad when wet, but MVP has NO plastic that combats this.. so im going to vote with my wallet and add some variation to my bag again.. which sucks because i was just getting used to the tangent/vector combo.. hate to go back to kc pro rocs and og wizards but its a must if im going to feel confident in the rain

looks like you know your problem. cute that you blame your discs for bad shots... who threw em?

your a moron..

wet Proton/Neutron is the problem, your telling me when you have a wet MVP putter than you feel confident in making your putt?

your just a hardcore fanboy.. i live in reality, and MVP needs a new plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts