• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to shout out to Aim. Thanks man. I couldn't be happier buddy. On my way to building a all MVP/Axiom bag.

they already arrive? nothing special man just something to try out so you can build a bag on the molds and colors you like. I know that volt its fugly but ive been working it in to become nice and seasoned so give it some love.

they already arrive? nothing special man just something to try out so you can build a bag on the molds and colors you like. I know that volt its fugly but ive been working it in to become nice and seasoned so give it some love.

Actually, out of them all, the volt is the one I can't wait to throw. Really, really, really like the hand feel of the tensor. It feels just a hint deeper than the theory, but I can definitely see how they will compliment each other. The inertia is my first black disc. I a pink one before, but I never really worked with it. Now, I took all of my Valkyries out of the bag, put up my Innova mids in favor of the tensor and theory. Thinking of taking my destroyer and teedevil out and going Krait and Inertia for max distance. I may leave the Krait out for now as well and just use the Inertia for max D.

The Proxy has me back on a fun MVP kick, so I put together an overmold-only bag for my round today, consisting of:

N Inertia, 165 grams
N Switch, 168 grams
N Crave, 170 grams
N Axis, 173 grams
N Proxy, 174 grams

Pretty minimal, but I scored pretty close to a normal round with my normal bag.

The Inertia subbed in quite well for the Hatchet on max D shots, sacrificing maybe 10-15 feet of distance. Not a huge problem, and I feel like once the Inertia locks onto its line it is a little more reliable than the Hatchet.

My trusty FDs were covered without issue by the Switch and Crave. Honestly, I forgot how great of a disc the Switch is. Mine's worn in a bit, and it flips up and glides so easily, which really complements my throwing style. I still don't click all the way with the Crave, as it ends up more overstable for me than others report, but I am giving a lighter Proton one a shot.

Really, the only disc I missed from my regular bag was the Meteor. It is so easy to put out for distance on flippy lines, and I haven't found the Theory to be as long or as easy to manipulate. I might try and pick up a lighter one, but ideally I would love an understable mold out of the Axis/Vector wider diameter class.

Speaking of the Axis, it was the pleasant surprise of the day for me. I have always struggled with this disc, mostly because it does not tolerate my OAT. Since using it last, I have cleaned things up a little bit, and I was just crushing it today on any line I gave it. Forgot how rewarding it can be with a clean throw, and it may make its way back into my normal rig.

Anyway, once the Atom is released, I could easily see going all-overmold if I wanted to. The way MVP has expanded its lineup with Axiom is just providing so many options, and it makes it a lot more fun for a disc whore like myself. :D

I don't see a ton of MVP/Axiom being thrown locally, though, so I may enter a tourney this year and throw only overmolds just for visibility's sake. While that may backfire if I have a crappy day, I think more people need to see this stuff in action. A couple guys at the course who let me play through commented on how they had seen the MVP stuff be good in the woods due to the overmold kicking off trees less (not sure I agree, but anyway...), then let out an audible "Holy ****" after a good drive with the Inertia, and I think that would be the whole point of throwing more of this stuff. Get it out there for people to see without having to shove it down their throats, and throw well. :)

Anyway, MVP and Axiom are making for a nice, complete lineup now, and it'll be fun to see how it grows in 2015.

I think that would be the whole point of throwing more of this stuff. Get it out there for people to see without having to shove it down their throats, and throw well. :)

Anyway, MVP and Axiom are making for a nice, complete lineup now, and it'll be fun to see how it grows in 2015.

:hfive: nice write up meng.

could you score well with only a volt, theory, vector and ion? im a minimalist
I would agree and I'm an English Major.

Just kidding, as I was the first time.

I'm gonna try that setup tomorrow for myself, sounds like fun. I love throwing a minimal bag setup

no it would. A volt and ion alone are deadly enough. now the MVP line up is just so big you can choose from a few other discs too that work the same.

Tesla, Alias, Tangent, Envy

Shock, Axis, Tensor, Proxy

Motion, Impulse, Tangent, Anode

it goes on and on and on if you wanted to just bag 4 molds specially considering different wear and power level. A lot of the 7 speed discs go very far too.

Last edited:
could you score well with only a volt, theory, vector and ion? im a minimalist

I think if you have decent power, definitely. The newer Volts are too OS for me, especially considering I'm a lefty and more often need the turnover/anny line than the straight to fade line the Volt specializes in. But there is a reason people still love them, even with the other MVP drivers out there now. They handle power well and bomb in the right hands.

Inertia
Axis
Ion

All. Day. Long.

(Aim is right, we could do this all day. And that my friends, is a very good thing)

I'm just even more pumped for the Atom at this point. I don't need baseline drivers or mids, but the putters will be money. Based on Black Friday releases, then this last Friday, I am hoping they drop Jan. 2. Hoping, but not expecting.

I would agree and I'm an English Major.

Just kidding, as I was the first time.

I'm gonna try that setup tomorrow for myself, sounds like fun. I love throwing a minimal bag setup

hahahaha

I think if you have decent power, definitely. The newer Volts are too OS for me, especially considering I'm a lefty and more often need the turnover/anny line than the straight to fade line the Volt specializes in. But there is a reason people still love them, even with the other MVP drivers out there now. They handle power well and bomb in the right hands.

i can flick about the same as i can bh. so i would have almost all lines covered

i tried out aims well used volt but it flew very nice. whatever run/stability its in

I'm on vacation and my Texas DG bag is a fresh max weight Crave and a fresh 167g S Envy. So far I've felt perfectly equipped for the holes I've played, except for one or two where a DD driver would of given me a better shot at a 2.

Helps that I can flick and throw rollers too. If you want a minimalist setup having a wider range of throwing styles to choose from makes a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.