• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you threw my perfectly seasoned P volt. brand new they are a touch OS but that's not a bad thing. never beat one to flippy but its possible you would just have to thrash it purposely or buy a super used one. People like the "FR" lighter weights or ones with a little dome b/c they had some high speed turn off the shelf but most volts have always been this OS. i posted a profile picture of a FR black volt and that same proton you threw but when it was new and the PLH are the same.

You can count on volts now starting a little OS but really season into a hell of a disc IMO.

Its the MVP PD. Tesla is close too but just not as straight.

I think if you have decent power, definitely. The newer Volts are too OS for me, especially considering I'm a lefty and more often need the turnover/anny line than the straight to fade line the Volt specializes in. But there is a reason people still love them, even with the other MVP drivers out there now. They handle power well and bomb in the right hands.

I recommend a 150s inertia. Very easy turn and great control. Help you make some of those rights shots.

Are the 150 Inertias really flippy? Neutron or Proton better at that weight or about the same.

I have a N 171,167 and P 171

So, today an MVP disc ended a two year search for me. It was just in field work, but, the Tensor is the mid I have been looking for. I have tried the Roc, Roc3, Shark, Shark3, and Cro. Buzz, buzz os, wasp. And a couple others. Did not click with a single one. But the Tensor, oh the Tensor. The minute I picked it up, I was in love. It just felt right. And the flight is exactly what I want. Glide, great hss and plenty of lss. I so wish I would've given MVP a chance sooner.

^ Tensor doesn't get much love, but it is the real deal. Congrats on finding "the one."

Are the 150 Inertias really flippy? Neutron or Proton better at that weight or about the same.

I have a N 171,167 and P 171

Not at 300' of power. I can hyzer flip it, through it flat and straight, and make it turn from flat depending on how much snap I give it.

Only thrown neutron. I immediately bought a black up same weight in case I lost it. Great disc.

If you want the most OS overmolded mid the Tensor is better. The Vector is a great worksehorse moderately overstable mid, but it fills a different role.

On another note I think I'm going to throw a Vector back in my bag when I get home. Been a while since I've bagged one and they feel so similar to the Axis that they make a natural pair. Dropped Tensors and Vectors because I carry the Envy and Resistor. Dunno if I'll keep it in there but I feel like throwing this nice green FR I've got again.

Apparently these OS Tensors never made it to NC b/c every Vector I've thrown has been more OS than every Tensor I've thrown. :\

I went last weekend without the tensor in the bag. The one time I trusted my vector to get out there and fight the wind, it flipped on me. Back in goes the tensor.

Vector vs Tensor:

Vector has a bit less HSS and is longer.

Tensor has the most HSS of all MVP mids and late, yet certain LSS. It is the T-bird of mids.

Both are good - but thinking of the the Tensor this way will help frame it's strengths.

That said, I still am waiting for an untick in LSS in a Proton version.

Status
Not open for further replies.