• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually emailed them the other day and haven't gotten a response, but do they make hats/shirts or anything yet? I'm pretty new to disc and looking to pick up a dri fit hat or something from them but haven't seen any.
Nah, just the MVP logo patch at this point, which a few of the fans have put on their bag or hats. Apparel will be down the line eventually.

Man if I had me some big coin would've snatched that baby up

My mostly MVP bag has taken an interesting shape with the advent of all the great speed 7 drivers.

Putter drivers.
Zone - envy.

Midranges
Axis

Slow drivers.
Resister - servo - crave - inspire

Fast drivers
Motion - tesla - impulse

Very fast drivers
Quasar

I find it really unique I am only carrying one midrange but it works with the envy and resister. Very happy with the bag. No teepad do I ever feel Ill-equipped on. I'd say the slow driver category gets 50% of the drives.

Putter drivers.
Zone - envy.

Midranges
Axis

Slow drivers.
Resister - servo - crave - inspire

Fast drivers
Motion - tesla - impulse

Very fast drivers
Quasar

That's a pretty good setup. I'm in the same boat with the Axis, with the Envy/Shock covering the tweener/hard turn areas.

Interesting no Volt-class...one of the first all-MVP folks to make that move official. I haven't even tried all of all 3 driver classes, but there's clearly a good bit of overlap. I could see leaving off the Volt class, but it's hard to break the attachment I have to the volt and Amp especially.

Any of the molds where you carry multiple weights/plastics?

Interesting no Volt-class...one of the first all-MVP folks to make that move official.
If I were starting now, I could totally see doing it that way.
I have ended up not playing my all MVP bag as much as I thought I would, so I never added a Tesla or a Crave. Once I do, I am not sure I'll have many throws for that class on my course.

yeah, I haven't like rushed out to grab a Tesla for that reason. I feel like I'd need more power to really appreciate the difference between it and the Volt...but I'm still going to get one!

yeah, I haven't like rushed out to grab a Tesla for that reason. I feel like I'd need more power to really appreciate the difference between it and the Volt...but I'm still going to get one!

I'm going to go lighter weight. I have a Volt that turns a bit, so having something more stable without being a meathook would help me on our very few into the wind drives. It's funny. On our Gold course, I don't need anything over stable after #1. Even there, I can't reach the basket anyway, so I don't know why I keep trying to bend something overstable around that corner.

Basically the volt comes out on the wooded holes where tesla could fade out harder/further. The crave also has stolen some of those shots too (mostly b/c its sooo easy to spot in the woods lol) but still like the distance capability of a volt to fly nearly dead straight with a touch of LSS once seasoned. My P volt is perfect right now (~8 months of heavy use) and just cant imagine my bag without it.

Wide open I pretty much have just started throwing the tesla vs a volt as its easier to range IMO with less glide and better wind resistance. Not really the same discs at all but understand where you guys are coming from for sure.

hmmmmm proton distance driver..?

10419592_768908759832668_2396732792164555034_n.jpg

That's a pretty good setup. I'm in the same boat with the Axis, with the Envy/Shock covering the tweener/hard turn areas.

Interesting no Volt-class...one of the first all-MVP folks to make that move official. I haven't even tried all of all 3 driver classes, but there's clearly a good bit of overlap. I could see leaving off the Volt class, but it's hard to break the attachment I have to the volt and Amp especially.

I agree Toro, the Amp is a clutch disc for me with the Shock coming in as a utility disc (love throwing spike hyzers with it or shots that I need to go straight and end left in the woods). For whatever reason(most likely bad form) my Inertia is a turn and burn machine and I can usually match my Inertia distance with my Amp. I think once I fix my OAT issues my Inertia will most likely be my distance driver but for right now my faith lies in my Amp, which unfortunately is at Tully Lake DGC because I threw it into the drink :doh:

Menacewarf how are you liking the Impulse? I've been debating getting one, but am on the fence because of how it was originally being marketed as a slightly more US Inertia.

Last edited:
Once I started getting my Volt, it makes my inertia a lot less used. Althought it's way better for harder turns The volt is just such a nice smooth turn over.

Menacewarf how are you liking the Impulse? I've been debating getting one, but am on the fence because of how it was originally being marketed as a slightly more US Inertia.

and it is--FWIW if you are having issues with the inertia then a impulse will be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.