• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i throw the brainy motions my woman even thinks its a dumb disc "why do you even throw it"

served its purpose

I know nobody cares but I used almost all Gyro this past weekend and played out of my mind - Used the Atom, Alias, Volt, and Tantrum - that was basically about it - Oh and 1 pretty slick Relay shot ----- I wish I could have video-taped it with my eyes, no joke I was hitting everything - never done that well before - I know it wasn't a dream because I'm at work right now and I wouldn't be dreaming about work...especially a crappy monday

Question, I've been using the Relay and its sweet, BUT sometimes its Juuuust a little TOO flippy, what would be the next step up in stability but have a very similar feel to the relay --- would it be the SWITCH? - any input is apprecaited

Question, I've been using the Relay and its sweet, BUT sometimes its Juuuust a little TOO flippy, what would be the next step up in stability but have a very similar feel to the relay --- would it be the SWITCH? - any input is apprecaited

No, the Switch has an aggressive fade, nothing like the Relay.
Go 150 class Crave. 150 class Neutrons are lazer beams while 150 class Plasmas have both more turn and fade.

I disagree with WMD haha... I didn't realize it abbreviated to that. I use the Switch as the next step up from the Relay often particularly for FH and gentle turnovers that fade back. You can get a great late sweeping hyzer finish from it when you get it a little high... it flies 80-90% of its flight in a turnover then it can hook back hard but it depends how you use it. I also favor it for uphill tunnels where I release on a little anny straight and wait for it to dump out and plant. Also for small elevation change downhill drives where I think the Relay might keep turning. On the flat, thrown low you can control the fade and minimize it.

The feel is similar but the underside of the wing is more concave then the Relay, they make a great fairway pairing in my bag...

I would not say the Switch isn't useful, it just does not have the same flight shape of the Relay.
The Relay has a gentle turn and little to no fade whilst the Switch has a big turn and massive fade.

So pairing a Switch with a Relay is a fine Combo, but they cover different shot shapes.

One caveat: I throw clean and with high spin...i imagine the Relay might get squirrelly with OAT

Last edited:
One caveat: I throw clean and with high spin...i imagine the Relay might get squirrelly with OAT

Oh calling me out on OAT everyone had their trolly'os this morning the forum is hot today!

Haha I agree with everything you said only I haven't experienced the larger turn with my Switch I find it fights the turn better. Admittedly my Relay has a year of bag time more than the Switch both identical weights and red.. I'm also a high spin thrower but my FH isn't up to my BH technique.

I thought the Switch was terrible and shelved it for 3+ yrs after I bought it until my Relay started losing lss.. It isn't terrible just not what it was originally advertised to be.

Last edited:
Ok - I notice that with a LOT of MVP AXIOM is that similar discs will have 1 with more High speed turn but more Low speed fade- ie: Clash / Crave - in my experience the Clash was way more UNDERstable, but that's because with the power throw the significant high speed turn would turn a lot then the fade wasn't enough to bring it back --- idk - but I may try a switch - maybe - but from the reviews I read its not super consistent - plus I only need it for those hyzerflip with late turn flight and likely the relay is better for that. I had a sweet shot on BRP hole 11 - which is the perfect late hyzer flip anny type fairway shot - it worked out well enough :)

Ok - I notice that with a LOT of MVP AXIOM is that similar discs will have 1 with more High speed turn but more Low speed fade- ie: Clash / Crave - in my experience the Clash was way more UNDERstable, but that's because with the power throw the significant high speed turn would turn a lot then the fade wasn't enough to bring it back --- idk - but I may try a switch - maybe - but from the reviews I read its not super consistent - plus I only need it for those hyzerflip with late turn flight and likely the relay is better for that. I had a sweet shot on BRP hole 11 - which is the perfect late hyzer flip anny type fairway shot - it worked out well enough :)

how is brp now a days i havent been there since the price hike

Oh calling me out on OAT everyone had their trolly'os this morning the forum is hot today!

Haha I agree with everything you said only I haven't experienced the larger turn with my Switch I find it fights the turn better. Admittedly my Relay has a year of bag time more than the Switch both identical weights and red.. I'm also a high spin thrower but my FH isn't up to my BH technique.

I thought the Switch was terrible and shelved it for 3+ yrs after I bought it until my Relay started losing lss.. It isn't terrible just not what it was originally advertised to be.

I did not intend to imply that you threw with OAT...I was attempting to complete a thought before the 5 minute timer ran out...I did not get it all in.
It was supposed to finish with speed over spin.

how is brp now a days i havent been there since the price hike

its great, better than ever - new baskets - new layouts - definitely worth every penny in that $8 greens fee - totally worth it and a blast - plus the store is bigger and better and sells brew etc - shack has food and a TV - so, get up there!

its great, better than ever - new baskets - new layouts - definitely worth every penny in that $8 greens fee - totally worth it and a blast - plus the store is bigger and better and sells brew etc - shack has food and a TV - so, get up there!

27 holes still is number 4 still number 4

27 holes still is number 4 still number 4

Always - well, they have a layout where holes 1,2,3 are all combined so that tunnel hole 4 is technically hole 2 ----but everyone refers to it as HOLE 4 haha -

there are some layouts where there are smaller island holes - a few have been added alternate pin locations - its really a great mix - always labeled correctly --- its by far THE best disc golf place in the greater St Paul/Minneapolis area -

Also I think they are working on the getting the Moat on hole 27 in better shape.

Always - well, they have a layout where holes 1,2,3 are all combined so that tunnel hole 4 is technically hole 2 ----but everyone refers to it as HOLE 4 haha -

there are some layouts where there are smaller island holes - a few have been added alternate pin locations - its really a great mix - always labeled correctly --- its by far THE best disc golf place in the greater St Paul/Minneapolis area -

Also I think they are working on the getting the Moat on hole 27 in better shape.

hows the chocolate milk moat by that big pond hole

Years ago i cracked the dome on a Ion after i smacked it against the basket but it was cold out.. pretty sure that was a stiffer neutron though and i wasn't being careful ;)

Nope. I played a tourney a couple years ago where the wind chill at teetime was -15 or so(it was so cold my bottle of water froze at the top from sloshing around. I had to use a stick to break it free, lol. Threw my Crave(stiff N before they started tinkering with it) dead into a telephone pole about 30ft in front of me on a full rip and it didn't break. After that, I thought it was impossible to break one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts