• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, but they have more glow than my 2018 se Halloween envy.. But I wouldn't say it's glow 2.0 level. It was raining pretty hard towards dark so I didn't play a total night 9.. Just a dusk one. The white showed up real well though. All over glow is a huge bonus, I like the glow rim

I saw something on our club page showing MVP's new glow stuff next to a Kastaplast Glow disc, and it actually beat it. Seeing as how I can use my Glow Berg as a flashlight, I'd be interested to see this new MVP stuff in action. Any idea if/when they'll be releasing the update Eclipse plastic?

I saw something on our club page showing MVP's new glow stuff next to a Kastaplast Glow disc, and it actually beat it. Seeing as how I can use my Glow Berg as a flashlight, I'd be interested to see this new MVP stuff in action. Any idea if/when they'll be releasing the update Eclipse plastic?

No clue here but I'd love to see it, I'd want a Berg if I didn't still have my glowfly it's like a radioactive nightlight!

I wonder which molds will be released in it? I feel like the relay eclipse and wave are coming. I really like the feel of their glow plastic! Pretty nice for premium durability

I'm getting the itch to try out some new plastic. Particularly wanting to try out some understable and stupid fast discs -- true max distance crushers. What do you gyroheads recommend? Octane? Mayhem? Catalyst?

I'm looking for something that is just a touch less stable than a Star Shryke. Kind of like a fresh Destiny, but that will stay in that stability longer. I'm a fan of domey and lightweight (158-164g) for that kind of disc.

I'm getting the itch to try out some new plastic. Particularly wanting to try out some understable and stupid fast discs -- true max distance crushers. What do you gyroheads recommend? Octane? Mayhem? Catalyst?

I'm looking for something that is just a touch less stable than a Star Shryke. Kind of like a fresh Destiny, but that will stay in that stability longer. I'm a fan of domey and lightweight (158-164g) for that kind of disc.
Catalyst.

Octanes are nice, but not understable for most people. I can get them to around 390-400 on a good throw and for that distance max weight Plasma Octane has pretty much no turn at all. Another 165g Plasma has a minimal turn. I only throw them in to a slight headwind for max distance. For all other situations I will choose a Wave or a Photon instead.
Mayhem is pretty much the same as Catalyst for me. I only throw them for fun. Both have huge lateral movement on full power throws. Rather touchy discs. I often find myself turning them in to "throllers". Photons and Waves are far more forgiving.

Octanes are nice, but not understable for most people. I can get them to around 390-400 on a good throw and for that distance max weight Plasma Octane has pretty much no turn at all. Another 165g Plasma has a minimal turn. I only throw them in to a slight headwind for max distance. For all other situations I will choose a Wave or a Photon instead.
Mayhem is pretty much the same as Catalyst for me. I only throw them for fun. Both have huge lateral movement on full power throws. Rather touchy discs. I often find myself turning them in to "throllers". Photons and Waves are far more forgiving.

This is good info, thanks. I'm aware that what I'm looking for is a touchy disc. I bag Trespasses as my main distance driver which, in different plastic types and states of wear, give me basically a Photon/Wave-type combo. I'm interested in trying some true max distance uber-fast stuff out, just for fun casual rounds. Probably wouldn't put something like that in the bag if I'm keeping score.

This is good info, thanks. I'm aware that what I'm looking for is a touchy disc. I bag Trespasses as my main distance driver which, in different plastic types and states of wear, give me basically a Photon/Wave-type combo. I'm interested in trying some true max distance uber-fast stuff out, just for fun casual rounds. Probably wouldn't put something like that in the bag if I'm keeping score.

Teleport or dimension?

Just going off what I've heard/seen. Waves are plenty fast for me!

Anyone have any guesses when we will start seeing more E matrixes (matrices?) Hit shelves? They are pretty much gone everywhere, except a few in some God awful colors I'd never be able to find. I want to get one or two.

Anyone have any guesses when we will start seeing more E matrixes (matrices?) Hit shelves? They are pretty much gone everywhere, except a few in some God awful colors I'd never be able to find. I want to get one or two.

Stock of everything is non-existent. Everything is either a new release, terrible colors, or super heavy. Servos / Craves are flat out non-existent from retailers. I've noticed used prices for stock stamps on BST are in the low 20s for many molds.

I struggle to keep the Wave in play so I'm absolutly no help here. ;)

It's a speed 11, but fission wave goes as far as anything out there. Lightweight, domey, and goes far as junk.

I've heard a fission is as stable as a neutron that's 7-10 grams heavier, would that make a max weight fission Wave stable? Trying to find something that compliments my Proton Wave that I get tightest S-lines when thrown with slight hyzer. I want slightly more turn

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've heard a fission is as stable as a neutron that's 7-10 grams heavier, would that make a max weight fission Wave stable? Trying to find something that compliments my Proton Wave that I get tightest S-lines when thrown with slight hyzer. I want slightly more turn

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This was my thought and why I bought my second one, but if it's less US than my 163, it's not by much. Still has turn at 350 power in calm conditions.

Geez I dunno about that, I gotta do more fieldwork but I'd say my fission is maybe as stable as my neutron but I'm starting to wonder if my old 155 neutron is a freak.. Or weighed wrong...

My domey fission wave at 162 is pretty much like a plasma of the same weight.. Biggest difference is the harder fade instead of the panning long push, but I feel like it's going to work in fast. It might help it not reach the critical rollover point but I would say my neutron is more HSS. (320+ thrower)

Any of you know where I can get Octanes and Catalysts?
My Octane was used and both that and my Catalyst are PFN. I've only seen Mayhems & Tenacitys on Ebay, so you know there aren't any around.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

DI_bb673b-3bb9.JPG

So just googling around, wondering if Relays are back in stock, which they are kind of, trickling in... but Infinite has a Plasma Relay listed!

So any truth to that? Looks more like cosmic neutron to me... wouldn't be the first time they mislabeled something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts