• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DI_bb673b-3bb9.JPG

So just googling around, wondering if Relays are back in stock, which they are kind of, trickling in... but Infinite has a Plasma Relay listed!

So any truth to that? Looks more like cosmic neutron to me... wouldn't be the first time they mislabeled something.
The new Plasmas seem to be Cosmic Plasmas.
266ae20b2c6ac2b6a9c6bb075f5a6e73.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

That is very pretty.

I wish they would run a Plasma(cosmic or otherwise IDC) Flare. It's one of my favorite discs but they feel a little glassy and slick as it gets colder.

I know I'm one of few who really love them, but it's definitely a wish list item.

Well played a tourney, the triple Crown.. Three courses, 9 at my place, 9 at Sam's and 18 at the public course.

Bought some new Comets lately so I was too outta touch to bag one, too much time diddling with fresh plastic. So full gyro bag. Made some hard last minute decisions:

Envy plasma Ash chainsaw arm 165g
Ohm x 2 beat and fresh 166's
Entropy 167 as a last minute wind/FH disc

Relay x 2 155 and 165
Wave 155 plasma
Tesla x 2 155 and 164 fission

Solid bag, could still try and sneak a fission volt or eclipse Crave in and dump a relay haha but that's always a problem for me. Only threw the Wave on one long hole twice. Beautiful comeback flick up a mountain on a bad bounce. Really digging the way my bags gone.

So I have a beat to crap Pro Leopard and want to replace it as it's super useful in certain situations.

I'm assuming a lighter weight Signal would be the ticket?

Well I pulled my 2018 eclipse Halloween envy out 166g fluorescent yellow rim hmmmm:) wow it's sweet!!!! Real straight, like freaky 1yr + wear kinda straight!!! Might have to scale it but I also don't want to know.. It's a better disc than its twin with the pink rim I lost last month, in my yard. **** anyhow.

Clicking with the 2019 eclipse Halloween crave. Maybe we are back on the love side.. It doesn't give any extra distance more than you put in though. I could use a straight laser, got some bombing FH lasers... hope I can get it to do the same BH.

That Envy is insane!!!! It's stability sits beside my freak dye ash chainsaw plasma one! So nice, I expected much more work to do than that! I've wanted to throw it for awhile but somehow I think maybe they will be worth something, it's a game to see how long until I break down and give in. :D

(Getting prepped for Halloween glow tourney) maybe haha

Last edited:
Craves need to be their next run.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

So far all I've seen from HQ is more teslas and pilots. Two discs which have been readily available even with the COVID. :gross: Now they are buying a whole bunch of production equipment to deal with the "increase" in disc golf purchasing going on. I hope such spending on production doesn't make them go belly-up like it has the Craft Beer industry. Eventually if discs aren't in-stock, folks will go buy from their competitors. :\

Clicking with the 2019 eclipse Halloween crave. Maybe we are back on the love side.. It doesn't give any extra distance more than you put in though. I could use a straight laser, got some bombing FH lasers... hope I can get it to do the same BH.

I had a real difficult time keeping those Eclipse Craves flying straight. They really want to flip. For a fairway, they bomb. With enough space, left to right, I could get them out to distance driver distances pretty easy. I just couldn't control the darn things. :p

I had a real difficult time keeping those Eclipse Craves flying straight. They really want to flip. For a fairway, they bomb. With enough space, left to right, I could get them out to distance driver distances pretty easy. I just couldn't control the darn things. :p

Yeah the are definitely a bit less HSS than my neutrons or the one plasma I dumped. It makes it feel like they have more glide as well.

They are doing a nice job in the stable slot next to a Relay. The relay tends to turn a bit too much when I throw it full power and straight and I'm not a huge hyzer flipper so the flat nose down touch of anny line is really working out with those. I know it's a hole in my bag I need to fill, but ya know.. Tesla/Wave both power down reasonably well, it's nice to get a little more of what I want from the Crave even if it's not what everyone wants.

Yeah the are definitely a bit less HSS than my neutrons or the one plasma I dumped. It makes it feel like they have more glide as well.

They are doing a nice job in the stable slot next to a Relay. The relay tends to turn a bit too much when I throw it full power and straight and I'm not a huge hyzer flipper so the flat nose down touch of anny line is really working out with those. I know it's a hole in my bag I need to fill, but ya know.. Tesla/Wave both power down reasonably well, it's nice to get a little more of what I want from the Crave even if it's not what everyone wants.

I've got a Proton / Neutron blend Crave that's been very good to me. Even it can be a touch on the flippy side. I favor the Servo for the touch of added HSS stability - though some of those are pretty flippy.

I'm waiting patiently for the "straight" fairway the bros. have promised via their videos. I'd probably be a Clash fan if it hadn't been killed off.

Yeah Ive been thinking the same thing about the "missing" replacements. That fairway driver, the "plague" to be renamed driver, the neutral mid and the lid!

I'm really excited that they're working on those, I will buy at least one of each. The thing that's most useless to my bag but probably the one I'm most excited about and most fun is the gyro lid.

Yeah Ive been thinking the same thing about the "missing" replacements. That fairway driver, the "plague" to be renamed driver, the neutral mid and the lid!

I'm really excited that they're working on those, I will buy at least one of each. The thing that's most useless to my bag but probably the one I'm most excited about and most fun is the gyro lid.

We'll see. I'm a creature of habit. 1 Distance Driver, 1 Fairway, a Mid and a few Putters. Occasionally I'll branch out and carry 2 Fairways or 2 Distance drivers - but I know myself and I generally revert back to 1 of each. :p

We'll see. I'm a creature of habit. 1 Distance Driver, 1 Fairway, a Mid and a few Putters. Occasionally I'll branch out and carry 2 Fairways or 2 Distance drivers - but I know myself and I generally revert back to 1 of each. :p

I can get behind that, I play with a double nutsac and generally 5-6 discs. Expanding for tournament's to maybe 10.

3 putters, 1 Relay, 1+ Teslas and 1+ Waves, usually a Comet. Then optionals: entropy, crave, disc of the week etc. I think the crave will find more work this winter.

I can get behind that, I play with a double nutsac and generally 5-6 discs. Expanding for tournament's to maybe 10.

3 putters, 1 Relay, 1+ Teslas and 1+ Waves, usually a Comet. Then optionals: entropy, crave, disc of the week etc. I think the crave will find more work this winter.

I generally carry some discs in multiples. I've played rounds where I've walked off the course losing a couple. :thmbdown: I'm probably at 10 lost discs this year. At least 5, no 6 to the same hole due to tree kicks into a lake (hole 12, New Melle Lakes, https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=10114&mode=ci).

So I like to have 3-4 of each disc to cover my loses - also for practice. So while I might have 5 molds, I can have as many as 15-20 discs. Right now, I've got 4 Waves, 4 Matrixes, 1 Crave, 1 Entropy, and 3 Atoms. I did have 2 servos and another Atom. 2 of the 3 are sleeping with the fishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts