• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi MVP lovers, my go-to driver is a Fission Wave. I have a 150g Fission Photon that I find too OS for me. From your experience, would a 156 Fission Octane be more manageable than my Photon?

Hi MVP lovers, my go-to driver is a Fission Wave. I have a 150g Fission Photon that I find too OS for me. From your experience, would a 156 Fission Octane be more manageable than my Photon?

That is my experience, the photon was not very useful for my noodle arm without one hell of a headwind...

I so understand this I was checking out at the store I said "I have no business throwing this thing" and yet when I did...

Like I said earlier I hope they still have the pink one on the shelf...

Ordered two of the SKullboy SE fissons because of you and Throwa. Really been clicking with the wave and the vanish, felt an Octane's rim yesterday and man, I can't wait to throw mine. I got a 156 and a 164 class....

My game has so improved since I switched to Gyro. Best move I made.

I have a 143 fr fizz photon pretty beat, that's magic, "the secret weapon" as long as I'm throwing pretty clean. Got a 155 backup photon it's pretty beefy and a 3rd run 145g. None of em are adequate replacements all pretty stable.

Wave is good but someone here said it's "like riding the razors edge" . If I'm throwing clean andthe same wave I can shape huge distance with some US flips.

The octane I give it a good hard snap out on an anhyzer and it does the rest, in the right general direction. If you tip it too hard anhyzer it will burn or at least have a huge turn.. I don't usually throw it flat. Kind of the same angle I use to stretch a straight envy line. It's wave kind of distance with the ability to take more power, and still fade back. FH I need to be closer to flat.

My fission octane turns a lot more than my fission tesla or photon on a 45 degree angle. With an angle that sharp I can back a stable wide S patent pending even at 200'

Check it out! Kimberly Giannola and I went out and threw a full round using only tester discs we have been sent from HQ in 2022. We threw the following molds:

* Axiom Neutron Soft Proxy
* Axiom Neutron Soft Envy
* Axiom Prism Plasma Envy
* MVP Neutron Soft Uplink
* MVP Fission Reactor
* Streamline Neutron Ascend
* Axiom Fission Crave
* MVP Neutron Terra
* Streamline Neutron Jet
* MVP Fission Octane

I so understand this I was checking out at the store I said "I have no business throwing this thing" and yet when I did...

Like I said earlier I hope they still have the pink one on the shelf...

I've had the same experience with the Catalyst. I'm gravitating from Wave/Trace to Crave/Tesla as the bag center, but the lone 13 in the bag will go like stink when called upon. Best throw of the day yesterday up at Gatewood (14 tee for the locals) was a Catalyst.

Was curious about the Octane but definitely cautious about the wide turn description. It's why I don't throw the Insanity much at this point. I can send it a mile, but it needs about a mile's width to work unless I'm on point with the flip.

I've had the same experience with the Catalyst. I'm gravitating from Wave/Trace to Crave/Tesla as the bag center, but the lone 13 in the bag will go like stink when called upon. Best throw of the day yesterday up at Gatewood (14 tee for the locals) was a Catalyst.

Was curious about the Octane but definitely cautious about the wide turn description. It's why I don't throw the Insanity much at this point. I can send it a mile, but it needs about a mile's width to work unless I'm on point with the flip.

How you liking Gatewood so far? I got a birdie on 3 with the Reactor you let me throw!

Where do you like to land on 14?

How you liking Gatewood so far? I got a birdie on 3 with the Reactor you let me throw!

Where do you like to land on 14?

Just my second time, and first since the February preview. It's a hike and a half, but worthwhile. The lake is a calming presence, especially early (we were there 7:00ish). Looks like the downed tree is gone on 6 or 7, wherever it was. I probably need to play it a few more times to develop a better feel. Right now the shapes aren't as intuitive as they are at Etowah or Oregon. There's a *lot* of right-hand movement and I'm still building up my FH stamina: mostly station to station this time playing straight or slight anhyzer with the Crave. The Reactor's a good option as well on that course given that it'll drift a bit if you push it.

On 14, as far down the line as possible. I was a little left but with a clear look at the pin for my approach. I think the first time, I caught an early tree and went OB on the road to the right.

Late spring, early summer schedule has seen a lot of woods golf lately, with next tournament also entirely wooded. Has lent some ease to hashing out the fairway lineup. OS to US:
169 N Fireball
174 P Tesla
173 N Wrath (least thrown, could potentially leave out)
172 P Wrath
174 N Servo
174 P Inertia w/Sparkles
172 P Inertia

Took me the longest to find a flippable but not rollable FW. Proton Inertia is very nice. Fireball went back in as CN Tesla broke in. Tried many molds that didn't make the cut, including, Resistor, Crave, Relay, Clash, Insanity, and Volt.

Feel free to send me your Craves and Volts. For my game those are the two best fairways in the MVP lineup.

Agreed. I've been really clicking with the volt. I know I've found a mold I like when it does what I expect it to. The big thing for me is that it doesn't get dumpy at 60% power like other discs, just fades a little quicker.

And the crave is just the crave, what else needs to be said? I have a blue/blue sparkle one that's money but I can't bring myself to throw it anymore since it's from circa 2015 and I'd be really nervous to lose it.

I can see why both would be popular, just not a good fit for me. I like the Tesla way more than the Volt, and the Servo way more than the Crave. Glad MVP has so many good options.

I'm Split on that, I love the volt, done great things with the fission volt. It's a good disc. Got a bunch of FR's that I used to pair with inertia. The fission didn't hold up for me in the wind because they are light.

Settled in on my pp 155 fizz tesla for the prime spot after going volt crazy and backing them up x3 haha. Same experience with the crave, good but when I leaned on it for beef... it turned out it was "lean beef"

I can see why both would be popular, just not a good fit for me. I like the Tesla way more than the Volt, and the Servo way more than the Crave. Glad MVP has so many good options.

I've found the Crave pretty inconsistent from run to run. I've carried a ton of versions trying to find an MVP answer to the Teebird. I've got a proton one that is pretty stable.

I was carrying 2 Neutron Servos and unfortunately lost them both on tree kicks into water. There was a long time there where one couldn't buy a servo and I've never replaced them. That's the disc I wish would be released in Proton.

I'm not a fan of the 8 speeds. I find the rims odd.

Tesla was my first MVP Driver. I've carried them off and on. Got a Proton in the rig right now. I like the lower profile, good for wind.

I've found the Crave pretty inconsistent from run to run. I've carried a ton of versions trying to find an MVP answer to the Teebird. I've got a proton one that is pretty stable.

I've only thrown the cosmic neutrons. They replaced the FD in my bag. They definitely aren't a Teebird type of disc.

If anyone is taking part in the Circuit Challenge, I was in it this past Saturday and this is what I think about the three discs.

((I'm a noodle arm with a 42 MPH throw. 659 rated)).

There wasn't much choice for disc weights.

Putter: MVP Atom Electron Medium plastic....weight was good (172 - I don't recall seeing any other weights)
Mid: Streamline Echo Cosmic Neutral plastic....weight (180) was a bit heavy for me as I like my mids around 170-175.
Fairway: Axiom Rhythm Neutron...weight (171) again, a bit heavy as I prefer 160-170 for my fairways. There were only a few 171's, the rest were 178.

Atom. I didn't like the feel of this disc. It felt sticky and I didn't feel I got a good release. I did like it for putting C1 and closer.
Echo. Good disc, was a straight flyer for me. But I have other discs that fill that spot and are the weight I prefer.
Rhythm. I really wish this had been a lighter weight. BUT. It's in my bag. For me, the disc flies very straight with only a small bit of fade at the end. I threw it both forehand and backhand, but I preferred throwing it forehand.

I'm looking forward to getting out in the field to throw my Servo and Rhythm for comparison. My 160 Servo is a straight flying forehand disc. The 171 Rhythm I expect to be similar but maybe a bit of turn to it.

Fairway: Axiom Rhythm Neutron...

Thanks for the report. I won't be able to resist this disc and I'm really curious to see it fly. I have a couple of Underworlds in this slot which are getting very understable, and a couple of Signals in my backup bags which seem really inconsistent from disc to disc.

In the past few months since finding some Servo's, I have fallen for them and am throwing it more and more. From Resistor - Servo - Crave - Relay - Underworld/Signal I feel like have thrown them enough to be confident of their lines they are going to fly. I could even wedge a Clash in there between Resistor and Servo, but it's getting silly!

The Servo reminds me of an old DX Eagle I had when I started three years ago.

I've only thrown the cosmic neutrons. They replaced the FD in my bag. They definitely aren't a Teebird type of disc.

My Proton Crave ain't too far off. A Proton Servo would probably fit the bill perfectly. I wish that was a thing. I'd buy a pile.

I'll second that the Crave is not a Teebird type discs. I use it for right finishing shots and if I put some power behind it it'll flip up from a decent hyzer and still turn over to the right.

For me it fills the same slot a Leopard3 would, or a beat in FD or Undertaker. I've tried throwing it for straight to fade shots like I do with my Teebird3's or Undertaker's but it's too understa le for that. The Craves that I throw are max weight cosmic neutrons.

Status
Not open for further replies.