• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is pretty good at Photoshop. Where the images are put together is hardly noticeable.

Wtf am I looking at?? Creative dye job?

Its not photoshopped. Its something the Bros were tinkering around with when they first started. They cut the rim off a teebird and added an OM.

For reference, that's one of the proto Ions in his hand with the tbird.

Its not photoshopped. Its something the Bros were tinkering around with when they first started. They cut the rim off a teebird and added an OM.

For reference, that's one of the proto Ions in his hand with the tbird.

Oh yeah... I remember that now. That is coming back..That line that I thought was Photoshop I bet is the glue line

So I tried giving the Matrix another shot due to the discontinued list. Threw it head to head against my Axis, while when I originally tested them I expected them to be more like a Vector. Thought giving them another chance with that in mind might give me different feelings about the mold.

Conclusion: The rim is more comfortable but the flight is more squirrely. I can hit good lines with the Matrix but it doesn't have the high speed stability my Axis does. Sticking with the Axis, I like it better for how I use my mids.

So I tried giving the Matrix another shot due to the discontinued list. Threw it head to head against my Axis, while when I originally tested them I expected them to be more like a Vector. Thought giving them another chance with that in mind might give me different feelings about the mold.

Conclusion: The rim is more comfortable but the flight is more squirrely. I can hit good lines with the Matrix but it doesn't have the high speed stability my Axis does. Sticking with the Axis, I like it better for how I use my mids.

I agree. For now, I switched to the matrix since the others got discontinued and I have been having a hard time determining how much it's going to flip. Sometimes I put too much hyzer and other times, not enough. A little more work with it might help but I'm looking forward to the new mid lineup

I'm sitting on 5 backup Eclipse Axis & Vectors, so while long term I might switch, I should be good for a couple of years.

I wish I got along better with the Matrix. It's one of the most comfortable molds I've tried.

I have only thrown 2 different Matrices. The N was more stable than any flattish Axis and most N Vectors. My P is very Buzzish in that it doesn't flip so much as it pushes.

Well that's good news about the Matrix.. I haven't thrown my SE Neutron yet.. I know everyone is kind of looking at it since its the only current still in production midrange. I'm kind of curious about the proton plastic one, I like the idea of less stable. In my experience proton is the "glidiest" and straightest MVP plastic except maybe electron...

Real glad I stocked up on proton Spins.. My first one is gorgeously straight. I played a foreign course as part of a three course tournament. Triple Crown. Lots of unfamiliar holes. Threw the proton Spin often and well. It still has a little bit of stability, it's a lot like a sweet Aviar that stays there. Probably two years of solid use and no real change in flight. I guess maybe it keeping the stability is why they aren't continuing the proton plastic, it's kind of a different disc from the electron ones. Ended up 5 strokes off the pace.

I'm sitting on 5 backup Eclipse Axis & Vectors, so while long term I might switch, I should be good for a couple of years.

I wish I got along better with the Matrix. It's one of the most comfortable molds I've tried.

You should try beating up a pyro into a more neutral flight? If it does what most of the OS gyro discs do and lose fade long before it develops turn, it would be a perfect disc for someone with your power. But, they may have the new disc in that spot out before then.;)

You should try beating up a pyro into a more neutral flight? If it does what most of the OS gyro discs do and lose fade long before it develops turn, it would be a perfect disc for someone with your power. But, they may have the new disc in that spot out before then.;)

Pretty much what I am trying to do. Carrying a Prism Pyro a P Matrix (beat) and an E Matrix. I find the both the P and E Matrix have little HSS compared to an Axis. I have a FR Axis that I use to bag as well as several Eclipse Axis that I would cycle through. While the Axis has more glide that the Axis, I found that it always drifted on a BH through more than a Matrix. The Neutron Matrix has the most LSS but I also don't like the feel or the pop top on many. The E Matrix are super flat and with a slight hyzer flip ride straight before a fade. Trying to beat on up to get it to turn.

I have only thrown 2 different Matrices. The N was more stable than any flattish Axis and most N Vectors. My P is very Buzzish in that it doesn't flip so much as it pushes.

Hmm. I tried two Protons out, one stock stamp one LE stamp. Both of them want to turn over a bit thrown with a touch of hyzer and 320' of power, but the Axis locks on to a straight flight.

I'll give them one more shot sometime this week but I don't expect to bag them.

Haven't tried a Pyro yet, is it less OS than a Deflector? I decided against the Deflector since they don't go much further than the Entropy and I like the Entropy rim much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts