• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I tried two Protons out, one stock stamp one LE stamp. Both of them want to turn over a bit thrown with a touch of hyzer and 320' of power, but the Axis locks on to a straight flight.

I'll give them one more shot sometime this week but I don't expect to bag them.

Haven't tried a Pyro yet, is it less OS than a Deflector? I decided against the Deflector since they don't go much further than the Entropy and I like the Entropy rim much better.

Id put the stability of the Pyro between a Deflector and Vector

I played a round yesterday that I leaned heavy on the Relay and the Banzai. I much as I love the flight of the Relay, the Banzai feels so much nicer in the hand.
So many of us here have wished for a more stable to OS Relay, I think we could have that with a small bead added to it like the Banzai.

I played a round yesterday that I leaned heavy on the Relay and the Banzai. I much as I love the flight of the Relay, the Banzai feels so much nicer in the hand.
So many of us here have wished for a more stable to OS Relay, I think we could have that with a small bead added to it like the Banzai.

is banzai like a stalker

is banzai like a stalker

I have only thrown the Page Peirce Ti Stalker, so take the following with a bit of salt.

Faster and more overstable. I throw a 150g Banzai. It will turn a small bit at first, fly straight for a while and fade hard at the end but without the dump most OS discs have.

I use the Banzai between my Plasma Volt and Circuit Relay. More fade than the Volt but at 150g, much easier to get up to speed. Less max distance than the Volt unless I throw it on a flex line. On a flex line, I can get it farther than a Volt on a flat line, but only by about 3 feet.

I think of it as a slightly shorter MOLF.

Last edited:
Hmm. I tried two Protons out, one stock stamp one LE stamp. Both of them want to turn over a bit thrown with a touch of hyzer and 320' of power, but the Axis locks on to a straight flight.

I'll give them one more shot sometime this week but I don't expect to bag them.

Haven't tried a Pyro yet, is it less OS than a Deflector? I decided against the Deflector since they don't go much further than the Entropy and I like the Entropy rim much better.

Try a neutron Matrix if you spot one, I've thrown mine for 18 months and it still has less turn than the proton I had before it :eek:

i took my plaz theory 175g green core orange rim out of my bag

if anyone around is interested in it pm me well work out a cash deal or trade

i would rather see it go to a frequent poster on this who will make great use of it because they love the mold than selling to some local who is buying it for a water disc

Well all I can say is the new month is coming and there had better be some good news in the next update from MVP. I'm not holding my breath though because I haven't heard any chatter about new and approved discs. Nothing.

I don't know who's bright idea it was to even tell us they were discontinuing production on all those discs. Did they think we would all go clamoring to stock up? It's just a big kick in the junk to their loyal fanbase and doesn't do anything to bring in new fans.

"Hey we agree that we aren't making midranges that are universally loved. It's old technology and we can do better... so we won't make mids anymore until we can get it right. No we haven't figured it out yet but don't worry we're working on it even though we haven't sent anything for approval"

I don't know maybe they are tweeking and reusing existing approvals?

They could have at least released one super awesome mid and then maybe a news release:

"Hey we made you this, more to come! and sorry but our old molding isn't going to work in the new factory..."

Bah!!! I need good news, I'm not betting my mid slot on a Matrix electron or otherwise.

Hello Comet my old friend... I've come to play with you again.

Got my first taste in Gyro-plastic with the Neutron Proxy and a Neutron Envy. Absolutely love them both. But, the Proxy is a bit understable and the Envy is a bit overstable. So i'm looking for something in between. Like the stability of the Envy without the fade.

Got my first taste in Gyro-plastic with the Neutron Proxy and a Neutron Envy. Absolutely love them both. But, the Proxy is a bit understable and the Envy is a bit overstable. So i'm looking for something in between. Like the stability of the Envy without the fade.

whats the point mvp will just take the mold away in a few months anyways

Atom

If you are looking for something that just goes straight even when you rip on it hard, you just need to break in that Envy a bit. Like suggested above, an Atom will fit in between the envy/proxy but they do have a bit of turn to them. So, like the Proxy, if you rip it hard they will sometimes flip over if your release isn't clean.

If you aren't one of those who wants a bunch of pretty discs in their bag, take the Envy flip it over and scuff the top up on a teepad/sidewalk and don't be gentle. It should knock a quarter to half a point off the fade and help speed up the seasoning.

If you're wanting a faster break in, then go throw it into a big tree really hard several times.;)

The Proxy is barely understable and flips super slow. Take a little time to meet it where it is at and you will get laser straight shots from the slightest hyzer.

Neutron Atom. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts