• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you are looking for 165G proton Spins at Infinite discs don't bother there's some close in weight but I just made a panic buy.. Got 4 coming.

Due to the general unpopularity of the mold I've had trouble finding backups before they went OOP for f***s sake!

Who else feels personally slighted?

Last edited:
8ugt.png

It's hitting all of us.

I'm going to need to look into stocking up Proton Spins, and possibly Plasma Anodes. I can make do with Electron Anodes if need be, but I prefer Plasma.

I'm losing the Theory as well. I'm looking forward to whatever understable mid replaces it. I hope it's something with the rim depth of a Pyro or a Matrix.

Its weird that ppl get upset or worried when a disc goes OOP. There are litterally hundreds available in all those molds. Buy 10 and you have a lifetime supply.

I only bag discs when they are in colors/weights I actually like. Was also waiting on some more Plasma Ions to get to the store so I could get what I want.

Good thing I didn't sell off my Wizard stash I guess.............

It's hitting all of us.

I'm going to need to look into stocking up Proton Spins, and possibly Plasma Anodes. I can make do with Electron Anodes if need be, but I prefer Plasma.

I'm losing the Theory as well. I'm looking forward to whatever understable mid replaces it. I hope it's something with the rim depth of a Pyro or a Matrix.

did you pros know about it ahead of time or are you finding out the dreadful and harrowing news like the rest of us

I only bag discs when they are in colors/weights I actually like. Was also waiting on some more Plasma Ions to get to the store so I could get what I want.

Good thing I didn't sell off my Wizard stash I guess.............

i sold off a box of my old dx aviars for dirt cheap when i switched to ions

i went all in on ions and the only ones i really have left are clear colors or dark colors you know i aint seeing that in the woods

i went all in on ions and the only ones i really have left are clear colors or dark colors you know i aint seeing that in the woods

MVP would sell more Plasma Ions if they made them in good colors. Every time I look at them the only colors are copper, yellow and green...

Instead of wasting money making new molds that people don't want MVP should do some research on what colors sell the best and make more of those colors. Hint- Hot Pink and white.

i sold off a box of my old dx aviars for dirt cheap when i switched to ions

Low stock out there too from what I see.. Hyzer farm has some but they charge a premium. I'm sure they will do limited run plasma ions for a price.

Arisugawa I love that you love the proton Spins, I'm always interested in your bag. Yeah that's a tough break on the Theory, well all the mids really... I'm sure they are coming up with something awesome though.

For me the Tangent was all feel, nice flight though. It's hard to not think fondly of it in the pre-envy days. I'm looking forward to something that throws like a Vertex, fights wind like a Tangent, and glides like an Axis :)

Has anyone thrown Neutron Spins?

Last edited:
did you pros know about it ahead of time or are you finding out the dreadful and harrowing news like the rest of us

That molds would be retired was announced April 9th by Chad Richardson on the MVP fan page on Facebook. That was the first I heard that anything would be taken out of production.

When the list was published today, that was when I learned what those molds would be.

So, no, I didn't really get any advanced heads up. ;)

The only disc on the list I have itb is a plaz Tangent... and I throw it maybe twice a year when I'm actually able to play.

That molds would be retired was announced April 9th by Chad Richardson on the MVP fan page on Facebook. That was the first I heard that anything would be taken out of production.

When the list was published today, that was when I learned what those molds would be.

So, no, I didn't really get any advanced heads up. ;)

Geez well I hope they have some secret stockpile you can tap into.. I always assume somewhere they have a temperature controlled vault where all the goodies hide. I'm sure they have some stuff they can supply to the "team"

MVP would sell more Plasma Ions if they made them in good colors. Every time I look at them the only colors are copper, yellow and green...

Instead of wasting money making new molds that people don't want MVP should do some research on what colors sell the best and make more of those colors. Hint- Hot Pink and white.

Hint from me: Their hot pink turns into white after seasons of use in the sun.

I agree about the colors, I prefer Eclipse to Proton because the core is generally so much brighter. Same with Neutron because they are easy to see generally. Some of their discs are near invisible. That's true of nearly any manufacturer though, for some reason.

I got through those cuts lucky, my preferred plastics of Anodes and Ions are still fine.

The only real puzzler here for me is the Particle. It is super modern and probably the closest thing MVP has to like a P2. Perhaps the mold has issues. There is some overlap with the Atom which they are clearly going all in on. Problem is that I have found that point in the wind where Atoms fail and Particles still rule. And the Particle still flies like a putter in calm conditions.

The mid-cut is a bold move that I support 100%. I like 1/10th of the Vectors I encounter in retail at my weights (Mike C I see is in a similar boat). Some are board flat, some have the whole top domed out. A few are my style with flat wings and a little dome right in the center. For a mid it has some issues molding consistently. As much as I like my Vectors, I could also never say that "no one else makes anything like this". I can't do stuff with my Vector that no other disc will so, it simply does it's job.

The Axis has always been a disc I want to love. I've tried over and over again, but it never works out. Needs too much power to glide.

All of the other nixed mids were totally meh to me. Aced with with Tangent and Theory, but I also ace putters. In field practice the Tangent/Theory land within 10' of my putters consistently on the same lines. Don't hit the door on the way out lol.

Even the Matrix with it's modern feel seems to just fall out of the air if not thrown like a driver, and like those before it would have my putters chomping at it's heels if it were itb.

Hopes....Man I love the feel of the Deflector/Pyro...I mean really love. If we could get a Neutral flyer with that feel/speed with some more glide they would be on to something truly new and awesome. I now have putters and all speeds of drivers from MVP (well except speed 12��) that straight up do a better job than anything else I've thrown. I want mids that make me feel the same way.

Its weird that ppl get upset or worried when a disc goes OOP. There are litterally hundreds available in all those molds. Buy 10 and you have a lifetime supply.

Let me enlighten you as to why some of us don't do that.....

I have 5 affected molds in my bag. If I go out and buy 10 of each, that's 50 discs. All premium plastic, so at least $15 each. If I didn't have kids, mortgage, car payments ect. yeah, I'd love to plunk down $750 on spare plastic. But I for one don't have that kind of disposable income. Good on you for your life choices that allow for that though.

The only real puzzler here for me is the Particle. It is super modern and probably the closest thing MVP has to like a P2. Perhaps the mold has issues. There is some overlap with the Atom which they are clearly going all in on. Problem is that I have found that point in the wind where Atoms fail and Particles still rule. And the Particle still flies like a putter in calm conditions.

I'd say the Particle was too close to the Envy. I bought a couple hoping they were more OS as advertised but they weren't. Dumped them and kept the Envy. I putted and threw Atoms for about a year. Particle was definitely more OS than the Atom.

Hint from me: Their hot pink turns into white after seasons of use in the sun.

I agree about the colors, I prefer Eclipse to Proton because the core is generally so much brighter. Same with Neutron because they are easy to see generally. Some of their discs are near invisible. That's true of nearly any manufacturer though, for some reason.

I got through those cuts lucky, my preferred plastics of Anodes and Ions are still fine.

yup my same story too my hot pink plaz ion turned into a pale rose mirror its actually really laborious to try and find and blends in

I'd say the Particle was too close to the Envy. I bought a couple hoping they were more OS as advertised but they weren't. Dumped them and kept the Envy. I putted and threw Atoms for about a year. Particle was definitely more OS than the Atom.

There are many Axiom/MVP mold counterparts that are closer than Envy/Particle. That's why my best guesses for the Particle's termination are molding issues (I read somewhere it didn't mold up well in other plastics) and lack of sales. Personally I found the Particle to fly like a faster Envy, better on lower lines and in wind. It also flexes out of annys better. I will still be bagging one for a while to compliment my Proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts