• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we got our first new midrange...

Reactor:

Max Weight: 177.6gr
Diameter: 21.4cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.5cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.1%
Rim Configuration: 44.50
Flexibility: 9.87kg

Here's the Matrix for comparison...

Max Weight: 178.5gr
Diameter: 21.5cm
Height: 1.6cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.7cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.5%
Rim Configuration: 46.50
Flexibility: 9.75kg

Any guesses on stability or flight? My matrix needs a new friend.....

I'm feeling like that mid looks stable..

I was going to publish the Marm-O vs Rando Envy battle but due to many! circumstances it was not fair even if Marm-O does poop himself on "pro- side misses" .... Ah who am I kidding, I got nothing else new....

Hole 10 .. rando 1 (blue 165 worn) vs Marm-O (soft n 165). Started well enough Marm-O got closer but missed left side, rando from 35' got a two.

Next up Marm-O (stuck with tee honours so he doesn't get another cubby ace) burns a fast line with a turn correct to straight and shoots through luckily but misses left again on the putt, if it was a basket and not a hanging tonal it was a solid putt... blue tees up from a suspicious location... since my dog is feeling "spring"... and misses for a puzzled how did I get here 3.

Mirkwood tunnel as it's apparently now called.. And Marm-O tees up, feeling " understandably" sexy... :) hahum "understabley" sexy goes for the beans. It cuts a crazy shallow vee down a 8' tunnel at about 240' with a late tree glance and very illegal, too close to care tap in. Blue rando sticks a forty five foot putt like I've got twelve of em that I've been putting for a year....

Next hole uphill, not too far but 100 percent power to try and get there, well the place I threw from anyways.. It was getting dark and I didn't want to walk, down the hill, and then, up, the, Hill. Two poor shots, rando got better tree luck and hit a 30' putt. Marm-O missed left (lhbh)..

Mid round tooling happened to Marm-O to take the tiny bit of flashing off I was obsessing about... a 10" half round dull bastard file did it proud. Rando one got dropped for rando two (pearly silver/ blue) on account of twilight...

Marm-O bombs down flat with a little turn, good hook and soft 10' Park short. Rando 2 pulls a similar line but being worn gets a late gyro push (tm) and almost aces kicking off the bottom of the post... I think, it was a weird redirection but after staring for 30 seconds and wondering if someone had stole my tonal I realized it was right where it usually is...either way both a reach out and slap it two.

Into the dark.. short uphill 10' wide left hand turn about 180' but steep... and heavily treed.. Marm-O bombs out and nails an anhyzer worth mentioning even if it was a less than ideal line it was a nice flight.. Last holes were less than impressive with some mulligans... when you can't see the pin you probably shouldn't play anymore.

So I'm digging soft neutron sort of, the flashing made a big difference, it's already less HSS than my plasmas but still more LSS. Definitely in the bag since its sexy... and it flies alright.

So I'm digging soft neutron sort of, the flashing made a big difference, it's already less HSS than my plasmas but still more LSS. Definitely in the bag since its sexy... and it flies alright.

But it should stay OS longer. I've got one in my bag that several years old and hasn't changed much if at all... and its been put thru the ringer.;)

Rim config of some mids to compare

Alais 61.50
Buzzz 44.0
Comet 35.25
Wasp 37
Roc 43

All of the above are about 21.8 in diameter, so we can see that this will not be as big as the more common Mid. Sad.

I love to hear that people are throwing them :) <3

I guess eh? When you think about how many people hoard and wall em you gotta figure maybe 50% of your plastic children ever get to feel the air under their wing....

Personally I think they should be thrown.. I usually buy three so one gets shelved.. Only one disc I really regret throwing is that proto Whitler I got from Mike in Nanaimo.. Proto Plastic Whitler straight from Matt at Snap... not the regular production run.. Worth money only to the God of disc nerds.. Perhaps.. God damn it flies nice though.. Still won't stick the chains worth a ****.

Don't worry bud I'll do ya proud with that thing.. I will make your art look awesome! :) I already want to crack into #182 the green plague machine 169g but.. 165-167g is my weight..

Last edited:
Just ordered a 165 plaz wave. Never thrown anything faster than my insanity or wrath. Pretty excited to see what it will do. Making a big effort to improve my distance game this year. Noticed some big form issues that can get cleaned up. We shall see!

Also two new e anodes for putting. Want to turn my current firm e putting anode into a flippy turn over thrower.

Wrong thread for it, but the discs I'm most excited about that I ordered today are a 114 gram polecat and a 137 gram stingray for my 5 year old son. Figured it was time he had his own plastic. Hes been going with me for a while now, and was getting my max weight proton ion out 50' or so with minimal practice. He's definitely hooked on the game.

Spring can't get here soon enough!!!!

thinking about ordering firm anodes but either shipping is super expensive from eu dealers who has it or i have to buy from us. all my course records are done putting with andoes but i switched because medium got too soft in the summer.. going to try with retro keystone for now..

Pretty sure Jordan Castro said the Reactor fills the gap the Vector left behind. Or at least somewhere between Matrix and Pyro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Got my 165 plaz wave yesterday. Was surprised that it was a little bit transparent. Not like proton at all, but I could certainly see light thru it. Is that a new/common thing? My only other references are a max weight plaz crave and a 168 plaz ion. Neither look like this.
I completely love the feel of it!

Got my 165 plaz wave yesterday. Was surprised that it was a little bit transparent. Not like proton at all, but I could certainly see light thru it. Is that a new/common thing? My only other references are a max weight plaz crave and a 168 plaz ion. Neither look like this.
I completely love the feel of it!

May be a FX blend. The Wave was made in it.

They tend to sneak mixed blends in their runs frequently. The OG plasma was like this. I still remember, I think it was Kodachrome, who first mentioned it. Something like, "Has any one else noticed these metallic type colors. They have a shimmer to them and are more flexible than regular neutron?" There was an Axis on the shelves of one of the local stores for awhile, it looked like a solid Neutron disc that was very dark brown, almost black, under the store lights on their wooden shelves. If you took it outside and held it up to the sun, it was actually a dark purple color and you could see right thru it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts