• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
has there been anything new released in fission plastic. keep hoping for some faster stuff in light weight,

Gyro folks -- I really like the Resistor. It is an OS disc that will not dump on me. I would like a faster version, something straight with a good fade at the end. Now there is the OOP Shock. Should I get one (probably the Plasma one) or wait to see if MVP comes out with something new?

Gyro folks -- I really like the Resistor. It is an OS disc that will not dump on me. I would like a faster version, something straight with a good fade at the end. Now there is the OOP Shock. Should I get one (probably the Plasma one) or wait to see if MVP comes out with something new?

150 class Motion; the Fireball is dumpy.

I'll second a lighter motion. My beat to snot 165g motion didn't dump and was awesome for that role.

Just thought I'd drop in since nothing was happening and throw some love out for the Entropy... I don't play with it a lot, there was heavy winds yesterday, knocked out the power and in one of the gaps (still breezy but not 50-70kmh) I took the dog out. Played the Entropy vs my 180Z Comet. Entropy won that round. Even if I did turn it it always came back. Got really good extended headwind lines. Putt decent. Definitely staying in the bag as a wind putter and approach. Still pretty Rusty with it when it's, calm though

And just a day after I bumped the thread cuz I felt sorry for it:

MVP - Neutron Reactor - Stock

The newest midrange driver from MVP is here with the release of the Reactor in Neutron plastic. This workhorse mid fits perfectly in the gap between the out of production Vector and Axis. With a modern profile and enhanced GYRO® effect, fans can expect noticeably more glide than the Vector and a tick more stability than the Axis. With that added stability and glide, the Reactor will carve up any fairway you can imagine. Swooping anhyzers? Check. Booming hyzers? Double check. The first member of MVP's next generation of midranges, the Reactor is sure to reach critical mass this season.

Speed: 5 | Glide: 5 | Turn: -0.5 | Fade: 1.5
Weights: 165 - 177g

Just thought I'd drop in since nothing was happening and throw some love out for the Entropy...

Been loving it too, but it has been the Electron Entropy where this mold really shines. Picked up several from some Circuit events and cycling 2 now in the bag. Some Electron is Medium Firm and others are Medium Soft. This is where the mold is most like the Harp. While Neutron is great for off the tee or headwind shots, Electron is much more workable. This has become a cornerstone of my bag. I am wondering if the Ohm will kick out the Pilot. Maybe if it comes in Electron someday.

And just a day after I bumped the thread cuz I felt sorry for it:

MVP - Neutron Reactor - Stock

The newest midrange driver from MVP is here with the release of the Reactor in Neutron plastic. ...
Speed: 5 | Glide: 5 | Turn: -0.5 | Fade: 1.5
Weights: 165 - 177g

I was happy to see this announcement in my email. New mids that I can get in weights that I throw.

I love mids that fly like beat in Sharks, which is why I've been throwing a Vibram Ibex for a while--it does so out of the box. The numbers on the Reactor suggest it'll do much the same, so I'm looking forward to getting a couple to try.

I was also intrigued by the announced Ohm. The numbers are close to the Aero--slow disc with lots of glide and neutral flight, so good for placement shots on relatively calm days.

Got my 165 plaz wave yesterday. Was surprised that it was a little bit transparent. Not like proton at all, but I could certainly see light thru it. Is that a new/common thing? My only other references are a max weight plaz crave and a 168 plaz ion. Neither look like this.
I completely love the feel of it!

I pilfered through a big box of mvp and axiom stuff that was brought back from a local dealer I know who went down for the Vegas tourney and it seems like they've updated a few if the polymers. Proton was like a mix of plasma kinda and the fission feels slick and durable. My best Max Planck fission photon is sitting around surge ss stability right now so a fresh Elaine kings In The same weight is a nice compliment. Also buckled and bought a beautiful Robin egg blue neutron Tesla and I can't wait to get it broken in.

And first tourney with my gyro bag established minus the crave.. got 6th out of 21 in the division, last year it would have been more like 6th from bottom if I had a good day. Throwing +1 at Rundle was a first in competition usually +10 lol

Curious about how the Reactor is going to compare to the Matrix. I am liking the Matrix especially and unexpectedly for tunnel sidearm shots.

Curious about how the Reactor is going to compare to the Matrix. I am liking the Matrix especially and unexpectedly for tunnel sidearm shots.

Seems that it's got more fight to it so likely a little less turn and a little more fade. Even my proton matrix when new would hold an anny right until it flattened out at the end. Would ever really come back, from the tk disc golf video I checked out it seems like it'll sill hold the line but try to figure back at the end. I imagine in a moderate heading it'd fly the same as a matrix on a calm day.

Guessing that a reactor paired with a cycle of electron matrices or maybe a if the reactor comes in electron then 2 reactors and 2 matrix would be your whole mid range section filled if you did fresh electron / beat electron pairs of them. I know I'm loving my cycle of electron matrices pair with my proton. Only mid I carry now.

I do wonder though if I could just use my envys and atom just as effectively since the atom actually goes further than the Matrix a lot of the time lol low lines I guess are more mid friendly but those putters are insane..

I think a solid bag would be atom entropy reactor matrix relay crave fireball inertia Tesla Photon Octane Excite Dimension if you paired them all with fresh and beat counterparts. Could probably even get rid of a few of the US discs eventually. Atom entropy reactor crave Tesla Photon Dimension would be a solid bag for most courses honestly if they were all cycled.

Seems that it's got more fight to it so likely a little less turn and a little more fade. Even my proton matrix when new would hold an anny right until it flattened out at the end. Would ever really come back, from the tk disc golf video I checked out it seems like it'll sill hold the line but try to figure back at the end. I imagine in a moderate heading it'd fly the same as a matrix on a calm day.

Guessing that a reactor paired with a cycle of electron matrices or maybe a if the reactor comes in electron then 2 reactors and 2 matrix would be your whole mid range section filled if you did fresh electron / beat electron pairs of them. I know I'm loving my cycle of electron matrices pair with my proton. Only mid I carry now.

I do wonder though if I could just use my envys and atom just as effectively since the atom actually goes further than the Matrix a lot of the time lol low lines I guess are more mid friendly but those putters are insane..

I think a solid bag would be atom entropy reactor matrix relay crave fireball inertia Tesla Photon Octane Excite Dimension if you paired them all with fresh and beat counterparts. Could probably even get rid of a few of the US discs eventually. Atom entropy reactor crave Tesla Photon Dimension would be a solid bag for most courses honestly if they were all cycled.

I strongly considered going electron matrix to pair with my proton one. I love my proton one. I currently only bag 2 mids. A proton matrix and a plasma axis. I'd bag more but I throw ions, anodes, and a particle that go nearly as far. I also really love electron plastic..... especially the last 2 anodes (putting putters). We shall see. Until I lose that axis, I'm not changing anything. But....if/when that day comes, it'll likely be matrixes. Someday I'll probably get a deflector too, but I just power down a resistor and feel fine doing so.

My bag as of now rolls:
Electron Anodes for putting
Soft proton and firm E Anodes
Plasma and proton ions
Soft N particle

Plaz axis
Proton matrix

N resistor
Plaz crave
N volt

Proton insanity
Proton wrath

Newly added plaz wave

For reference I was a 300'ish thrower last season. Already past 330' after my second round this season. Found some glaring form issues that I sort have fixed.

I'm sort of excited for the ohm now, I watched the one YouTube video, looks like something I can get behind 5!! glide! That small diameter though.. I would love to see numbers like that in a midrange.

I strongly considered going electron matrix to pair with my proton one. I love my proton one. I currently only bag 2 mids. A proton matrix and a plasma axis. I'd bag more but I throw ions, anodes, and a particle that go nearly as far. I also really love electron plastic..... especially the last 2 anodes (putting putters). We shall see. Until I lose that axis, I'm not changing anything. But....if/when that day comes, it'll likely be matrixes. Someday I'll probably get a deflector too, but I just power down a resistor and feel fine doing so.

My bag as of now rolls:
Electron Anodes for putting
Soft proton and firm E Anodes
Plasma and proton ions
Soft N particle

Plaz axis
Proton matrix

N resistor
Plaz crave
N volt

Proton insanity
Proton wrath

Newly added plaz wave

For reference I was a 300'ish thrower last season. Already past 330' after my second round this season. Found some glaring form issues that I sort have fixed.

The electron matrix once it hits a few trees is the straightest disc I have. It's like an Atom with less fade and a bit faster and farther. I rip mine on the slightest hyzer on 300ish holes and it flips up, turns very slightly and then sits down without the fade. It's beautiful to watch lol

I got to throw the Ohm and Reactor yesterday.
I wrote a more comprehensive summary of the Ohm in the Ohm thread, but it is fantastic and I'm buying a stack for sure. Neutral, straight, glidey, long, etc. if you like Proxys, check out the Ohm.

I didn't get many throws with the Reactor. Shaped like a less-blunt Buzzz and was more OS than a Buzzz. This one deserves more thrashing but looks promising

Well my night of straddle putts is over, no not by choice. Just kept landing for a straddle think I threw 6 tonight about half hit. I played a fresh proton spin, almost lost it again on the same hole I lost it for a week before. It's my nicest one too, deep pink/purple with white swirls. What a great disc, has lots of stability too. Now here's what's wiring me out:

I have two Envy's I'm beating up both plasma 167 thanks ACF.. The blue one has seen lots of use, cuts a beautiful anhyzer and has always been a lower stability kind of. I think it's easier to turn but it doesn't, it fades more than the other one. The green/silver one has a touch more hss and less lss, some of which is the approach angle (maybe all) since I throw it more nose down but it kind of stalls rather than anhyzering but fades less. It is better for tunnel shots, if there was such a thing tonight but I've been playing them all week.

Any thoughts?

Out of curiosity - where are all the N Wraths at? Just about every site has really low inventory, and in meh colors (by Axiom standards at least). Need something between max Tesla and Insanity..

Out of curiosity - where are all the N Wraths at? Just about every site has really low inventory, and in meh colors (by Axiom standards at least). Need something between max Tesla and Insanity..

There is a nice 171g baby blue core white rim on Infinite

Axiom still hasn't figured out that they could sell more discs if they made more of the good colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts