• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to bag a stable/(OS) Atom. Maybe that's an Envy? Feels great in the hand. The one underweight Skulboy oreo I have is too flippy.

The one neutron atom I had was pretty solid, borderline envy with a touch more turn and touch less fade, also a touch less glide. Hit a lot of cage. Think "Envy SS" haha.

I have been pleased with my new cosmic electron soft envy, no puddling so far and a nice touch more firmness than my old soft, I know they changed the electron blend. (A few times)

Had a good round with my heavy eclipse envy last night vs eclipse reactor. I'm warming up to the reactor a bit. The envy has a touch less fade than many of my others in premium plastic. Even with the extra weight (max vs 165)

The hex is definitely deserving of all the praise it's been receiving but the reactor is still a damn fine mid also…especially the glows.

I've been rolling with hex, neutron reactor, glow reactor, and either pyro or deflector depending on the course. Neutron reactor doesn't get used a ton and could probably get dropped though. Not many shots where I want more fade than a hex but less than the glow reactor.

Still digging the proxy over the envy, not that it's a bad disc, just really digging my plasma proxy. Envy for me is like that neutron reactor. If I need more fade than the proxy I'll just throw a zone.

The hex is definitely deserving of all the praise it's been receiving but the reactor is still a damn fine mid also…especially the glows.

I've been rolling with hex, neutron reactor, glow reactor, and either pyro or deflector depending on the course. Neutron reactor doesn't get used a ton and could probably get dropped though. Not many shots where I want more fade than a hex but less than the glow reactor.

Still digging the proxy over the envy, not that it's a bad disc, just really digging my plasma proxy. Envy for me is like that neutron reactor. If I need more fade than the proxy I'll just throw a zone.

I agree about the Glow Reactors they are just $$$. I dont think I have had a bad tee shot with mine since I have added it to the bag. Even when my shot doesn't hit my intended line it always seems to find its way to a safe landing spot. I currently pair it with a Runway and have never had a stronger mid combo.

2 Reactors, 2 Hexes, and a Pyro (using it more like I think most folks would use a Zone?) in the midrange complement here.

To test out the Hex I have been carrying two of them as my only midranges. Love love love the Hex.

I will probably pair a Hex with a Star Wombat3. The two should handle all of my midrange needs. I expect Hex to cover the majority of BH and FH duties, with Wombat3 when I need a mid to flip up or drift right.

I had previously tried the Reactor. Darn good disc, but I'm not sure whether I have a need for an overstable mid since I mostly play in the woods.

Eclipse Reactor came in today, haven't really got a chance to throw it yet other than a couple of slow hyzers in the back yard.

I will say, it looks like the 2.0 eclipse is elite glow. It sat in the shade outside and in the full light of my office you could still see the glow. In the dark it's probably super bright.

To test out the Hex I have been carrying two of them as my only midranges. Love love love the Hex.

I will probably pair a Hex with a Star Wombat3. The two should handle all of my midrange needs. I expect Hex to cover the majority of BH and FH duties, with Wombat3 when I need a mid to flip up or drift right.

I had previously tried the Reactor. Darn good disc, but I'm not sure whether I have a need for an overstable mid since I mostly play in the woods.

Interesting to hear a different approach as the Hex feels to me like a perfectly balanced right bender while the Reactor will run dead straight for a fair bit before finishing left in a present but not super-hooky way for me. Right now, I trust it a little more in the woods than the Hex, but I could see an evolution once I get a better handle on it. The Hex seems very aware of the release angle and is as likely to surprise as delight me.

But when it's right (or more accurately when I'm right) I think it's a fantastic tool.

In the recent AMA at Maple Hill James Conrad said the next disc (or the following) in the JC line would be a fairway driver, 8 speedish. Anyone have any info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In the recent AMA at Maple Hill James Conrad said the next disc (or the following) in the JC line would be a fairway driver, 8 speedish. Anyone have any info?

I'm guessing something like a Volt but not as chunky

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

He can just pick one of the unreleased ones and get it stamped as his next signature disc...

I like it. Makes perfect sense. What plastic?

The current run of prism proton. Not sure the prism adds anything but pretty. The proton tends to be a little beefier, and this is definitely a straight to left (like a Reactor thrown hard but at 50 or 60% distance) where the Entropy gives me a mellower, bendier approach. Still getting comfortable with both.

He can just pick one of the unreleased ones and get it stamped as his next signature disc...

Could, but doesn't seem that he rolls that way. Talks about how Nomad was made for his hand comfort and how much he enjoyed being involved in design process. Plus Cypher/???/ are already announced as 7's.

My guess is the new JC disc will be a legit MVP Teebird3. Something that slots between Reactor and Photon. Volts aren't it, Craves aren't it, and there's a gap between Resistors and Teslas.

I'm psyched that it'll likely be filled by either the Cypher or (by my guess) the JC disc.

Fission Wave content: personal best tee shots on Oregon Silver 12 and 15 in Marietta today. Both holding steady anhyzer for the duration. Finally getting a good feel for the release angle and loving this disc.

Attachments

• 98E633EF-0F61-4179-A731-7A540D6CB2C6.jpg
    98E633EF-0F61-4179-A731-7A540D6CB2C6.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 27
  • BAB6C931-471C-4AA6-992E-DDE407CD6616.jpg
    BAB6C931-471C-4AA6-992E-DDE407CD6616.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 23
Fission Wave content: personal best tee shots on Oregon Silver 12 and 15 in Marietta today. Both holding steady anhyzer for the duration. Finally getting a good feel for the release angle and loving this disc.

That's a great spot for 15, especially considering that big tree to the front left of the green.

I did Frog Rock and Deerfield this weekend. Testing out the Recator. It seemed to love taking as much power as I could give it and went on a rope.

The current run of prism proton. Not sure the prism adds anything but pretty. The proton tends to be a little beefier, and this is definitely a straight to left (like a Reactor thrown hard but at 50 or 60% distance) where the Entropy gives me a mellower, bendier approach. Still getting comfortable with both.

This is the Pyro I have as well, so we are talking about the same disc. Definitely a Zone-like, but I wonder if it has longer legs on hard anny-flex lines (especially FH).

Reactor my artist daughter made for my birthday!

(Cross posting because awesome is awesome)

attachment.php

That's a great spot for 15, especially considering that big tree to the front left of the green.

I did Frog Rock and Deerfield this weekend. Testing out the Recator. It seemed to love taking as much power as I could give it and went on a rope.

Agreed. I thought initially that I'd landed just right of that tree and didn't see the skip/scoot until I got up there. I'd have been thrilled with the first result as that magnolia up left by the driveway typically functions as a disc magnet.

What did you think of Frog Rock? Only visited once but found it a slightly more compact and confusing version of Deerfield. That said, it does seem like an excellent venue to feel out a midrange.

Agreed. I thought initially that I'd landed just right of that tree and didn't see the skip/scoot until I got up there. I'd have been thrilled with the first result as that magnolia up left by the driveway typically functions as a disc magnet.

What did you think of Frog Rock? Only visited once but found it a slightly more compact and confusing version of Deerfield. That said, it does seem like an excellent venue to feel out a midrange.

Frog rock is nice, I used to play there whenever OP was too crowded in the days before Etowah and Deerfield.

In the longest layout(blue/blue) it's a challenge but not punishing. A lot of holes in the 350-450 range that are par 3s and the only par 4s are 500+.

Overall not bad but the wooded nature is the only real challenge since it's flat and there is only the small creek for OB. Nice for a change of pace though, and since the final week of there Deerfield league is this week I wanted to play that style of golf to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts