• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the dealer email is out....
Gyropalooza packs! Yessir you get a

MVP neutron uplink kinda like the paradox but beefier 5 5 -3 0.5 I believe

Proto eclipse inertia that glows blue!

+5 factory seconds for $100

Damn they are tempting me to do a dealer order haha. They are hitting it and capitalising on their fame to keep it rolling hard!

Threw my new Nomad a little the last couple days. Like it so far. Kind of going for the anti-zone slot-something I'll throw about as far as a zone but that will hold an anny or flip a little for stancy/touchy upshots. Not sure if it will fill that slot but if nothing else I haven't tried a new mold in a while.

I'm a 300' 55YO thrower that's been playing for 2.5 years. I'm shooting around par, a little under at my local course, and a little over at strange courses.

What you're looking for sounds like the Axiom Clash. I throw the Crave, and use the Clash in my OS Crave slot. They feel very similar in the hand. The Clash feels just like my Color Glo Teebird in flight. I know the numbers are -1 / 2 for turn/fade, but I've never seen it turn on me, and the fade is very reliable. Mine is 170gm in Neutron plastic, and I've been throwing it for about 8 months.

Unfortunately Clash is OOP. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210921-143759_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210921-143759_Chrome.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Upon closer inspection....most of them are Wonderbread colored stamps.....weeeeee!!!!!

Does it seem that turn or fade is affected by lighter or heavier mold of the same MVP/Axiom disc?

For instance, I have low 160s Craves & Relays
Would I likely see more turn or fade or both by going to a lightweight or a heavyweight?

Any thoughts?

How does the old Fission Photon fly compared to the EK 5x Photons?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Well the dealer email is out....
Gyropalooza packs! Yessir you get a

MVP neutron uplink kinda like the paradox but beefier 5 5 -3 0.5 I believe

Proto eclipse inertia that glows blue!

+5 factory seconds for $100

Damn they are tempting me to do a dealer order haha. They are hitting it and capitalising on their fame to keep it rolling hard!

Blue Glow? That's intriguing, to say the least.

It's a mystery! Not sure if everyone gets the uplink and glow inertia.. That was how I "quickly" read it though.

How does the old Fission Photon fly compared to the EK 5x Photons?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

There was a couple runs of photons, the first run flats were very desirable.. Second run not so much, 3rd run was variable but I think people preferred dome on them. Haven't thrown an EK

Finding I really don't bag Envy's in premium plastics anymore. I kind of just keep a fresh and a beat firm electron in the bag and if I want or need more stability I just throw a Pig.

Debating to just keep my plasma/neutron/ eclipse Envy's in storage for now in case I change my mind or maybe sell or trade them.

Finding I really don't bag Envy's in premium plastics anymore. I kind of just keep a fresh and a beat firm electron in the bag and if I want or need more stability I just throw a Pig.

Debating to just keep my plasma/neutron/ eclipse Envy's in storage for now in case I change my mind or maybe sell or trade them.

Eclipse envy and particles are thrown less now that I have electron envies..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does it seem that turn or fade is affected by lighter or heavier mold of the same MVP/Axiom disc?

For instance, I have low 160s Craves & Relays
Would I likely see more turn or fade or both by going to a lightweight or a heavyweight?

Any thoughts?

Lighter weights impact turn more than fade in my experience. More reliable at 6+ speed IMO. I throw normal weights and my 161 resistor is the best cheat code in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I've definitely made a cautious shift towards some soft, well I have one soft 174 Envy. It got two aces in one day and a lava lamp.. Haha. The wear period is going kind of quick but with occasional use it isn't too bad. I enjoy the heck out of it.

The envy I've shelved the most is my neutrons... 166 plasma is still there for a nice straight shot, 174 eclipses don't see bag time but they do see dark time lots. They're just so easy to find. The disc I've shelved most is the ohm, I just don't need it with the electron envy.... But I've played a lot of yard rounds with the e envy and it doesn't see "daily" use so I use the ohms more often.

Did the same thing with my 3 electron 165's used the heck out of em for the tourney season while I worked on a plasma. After 2 months my regular was getting pretty turny, I shelved the other one for tourneys, gave the other one to a very good friend. I tried to give him a different disc for putting me up for a tournament but I ended up taking my thrower from my bag since I had back ups.

Last edited:
Hokom Crave. Perfect anhyzer. Release may have been a little high and tight.

Separately, while we're waiting on MVP to recognize the market for things other than Envies and Nomads, what's with Fission discs at 174 and 175? The whole point, I thought, was to reduce mass in the flight plate. Between that and scarcity-adjusted pricing, I'm sitting tight for now.

Attachments

• D1344B17-3966-4409-94FF-F717B67E8B74.jpg
    D1344B17-3966-4409-94FF-F717B67E8B74.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.