• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a grippy sheen?
It's curl defining
0b7cd73f5e1f76f79ae29310d203e991.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Is this a grippy sheen?

The new Hex I got is definitely a bit grippier than my early run. A dedicated solomolder commented on how pretty it was the other day too.

I'm digging it, a touch less stable than my first one. Not sure if that's due to 5g lighter or just the run. I haven't compared profiles.

Well, I might have to postpone my plans to try out the Entropy to compete with my Pig.

My Pig obviously overheard my plans. Not only did it perform as usual for upshot duties but I had a sweet 200' throw in for eagle yesterday with the Pig.

The new Hex I got is definitely a bit grippier than my early run. A dedicated solomolder commented on how pretty it was the other day too.

I'm digging it, a touch less stable than my first one. Not sure if that's due to 5g lighter or just the run. I haven't compared profiles.

I think the weight has a bit to do with it.. I really click with my 169 hex's... I have a 173 that's kinda lumpy by comparison. I wanted an eclipse hex but I fought the urge since all the auctions were for 178g ones. It would be like my 180 comet, fine disc but it just wouldn't be the first one for me to pick off the stack to play with, it would be a second tag along backup.

But it's gyro bro, not a solomold!

Yeah, but I already have like 9 Envies and I only even carry 6 discs at a time. I don't really have any interest in trying any new putters unless they are extremely different from an Envy, like something massively overstable or massively understable. Otherwise, my Envy can do it all anyway. I don't need to muddy the waters.

I know this topic has been covered before, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for in the thread. Apologies for the overlap. I've got a PP proton Volt that flies amazingly. Dead straight with a good fade in the last 10% of the flight. I love it, but I'd also love a slightly more OS compliment (not Terra OS). What plastic/run (pp or current run) should I be looking for? From what I've gathered, a stock stamp neutron should be a little more OS, but not meat hook. Any thoughts?

I know this topic has been covered before, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for in the thread. Apologies for the overlap. I've got a PP proton Volt that flies amazingly. Dead straight with a good fade in the last 10% of the flight. I love it, but I'd also love a slightly more OS compliment (not Terra OS). What plastic/run (pp or current run) should I be looking for? From what I've gathered, a stock stamp neutron should be a little more OS, but not meat hook. Any thoughts?

At what distance is it straight with fade in the last 10%, and what weight?

Just be careful of Volts with a dome. I have a Proton and Cosmic Neutron with more dome than usual and they are meathooks! I'd say Neutron or Plasma are pretty good for what you're looking for. I prefer Plasma as they have a bit taller shoulder and seem to carry a bit more glide, but I'm a sucker for the feel of Plasma. You may want to try one of the Fission Volts dropping in the next month or so.

Grabbed a Neutron Virus on a whim. Had to pick between Virus and Impulse so I took the risk on the prettier disc but was nervous it would be too flippy. It's actually a touch more stable than I expected which is great. Really easy 325-350' low ceiling hyzerflips.

I have a 175g fission that would probably work for that slot for you. It's laser straight with decent fade in the last 5-10% of the flight at 375-400'. Plasma would probably fly very similarly as well. I have found neutron and proton volts to fly identically, but other than this fission volt from the last time they ran them, and one non-PP plasma, I have only had PP volts. YMMV with new neutron.

Yeah I'd say try the fission volt.. I had a cosmic neutron from the newer run and it's a meathook. The fission ones I have got have been true to the original FR/SR PP's I have. The 3rd runs came out too flat, they were the original meathooks they wouldn't really turn or stretch the line, just straight to fade.

I actually prefer my volts with a bit of dome but thats based of 10yrs ago..I do like * 167g fission with dome though. I'd check PLH's, seems some of the new runs were beefy while they were ironing out the new factory.

Heck I heard the relays were beefy, the cosmic relays were produced in the new factory, I have one it's borderline volt territory (nice actually wish I'd snagged a few more)

I have a 175g fission that would probably work for that slot for you. It's laser straight with decent fade in the last 5-10% of the flight at 375-400'. Plasma would probably fly very similarly as well. I have found neutron and proton volts to fly identically, but other than this fission volt from the last time they ran them, and one non-PP plasma, I have only had PP volts. YMMV with new neutron.

I also carry an electron for understable that's beating into something really great, so I may as well have every plastic Volt in the bag haha. I've been debating picking up a cosmic for BEEF, but I've been really liking my Scepters. I could try just to do it

I'm not sure how stable the current run of Volts are for you, but have you tried the new Wraths? Mine are just a little more stable than my old Volt used to be.

I felt up some newer Volts in a retail shop the other day, and the first thing I noticed was that the slight curve where the rim meets the flight plate was.. gone. Volts have always felt ion-esque to me in this regard, one reason I never clicked w/ the mold.

Anyone else notice this? Might give me a reason to re-visit them..

I felt up some newer Volts in a retail shop the other day, and the first thing I noticed was that the slight curve where the rim meets the flight plate was.. gone. Volts have always felt ion-esque to me in this regard, one reason I never clicked w/ the mold.

Anyone else notice this? Might give me a reason to re-visit them..

I just grabbed my old fission and a new neutron that I haven't thrown yet. Can confirm the newer one has a flat inner wall.

Maybe a new core for the Volt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts