• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got one of those glow electron Envys, and I haven't gotten to throw it yet, but I was checking out the glow and it is awesome.

May glow better than my reactor.

Nice feel too eh? I have only thrown mine a few times but it feels very grippy. Very excited for some of those in the bag.

:D best disc ever!!!!!!.... I can't wait to throw it. (?)

Last edited:
Nice feel too eh? I have only thrown mine a few times but it feels very grippy. Very excited for some of those in the bag.

:D best disc ever!!!!!!.... I can't wait to throw it. (?)

Feels really nice. I did some garage putts with it and it flies good over 22ft lol.

So I threw it 4 times, best Fireball ever!!!

Haha, ha

Its not nearly as grossly overstable as I expected at a sticker 156 N. I popped a gentle short forehand to avoid some rocks but it went too straight haha. The last one I had a 165 proton(?). It thus hammers better than expected, my buddy got a backup it has added 10-15' to his uphill hammer on #27. He's trying to replace a CE (?) Red eagle that's so faded and beat I can't tell if it's an X or an L. I found a 3" long rim section that looked clean(ish) and I'm leaning X. I got two thumbs and it's two fh. The FH were straight to dump at 200'. But that's what exciting, I expected a fast wide hyzer out of the hand.

I am so tempted to try and bag it for the tourney tomorrow for two hammer holes. Maybe FH it a bit :D hahaha ha ha f--k. The problem with new disc is I want to throw em.

Last edited:
. . . I am so tempted to try and bag it for the tourney tomorrow for two hammer holes. Maybe FH it a bit :D hahaha ha ha f--k. The problem with new disc is I want to throw em.

Yeah, I think you know the correct answer on that one. :rolleyes: :)

Yeah, I think you know the correct answer on that one. :rolleyes: :)

Haha for the first time I'm hoping my discs didnt show up this week.

Funny enough, I'm trying to crash course my flat yellow esp comet into the bag. I'm experiencing a funk, I'm looking at full gyro for the second tourney in a row. I want to take one as a security blanket. I figured flat yellow pfn esp would work, all my usual favourites are too beefy, I think I'm extra winter rusty and on an uplink honeymoon.

The uplink is kinda like being married to a red head, it's absolutely amazing, but every now and then it "turns" too far.

Haha for the first time I'm hoping my discs didnt show up this week.

Funny enough, I'm trying to crash course my flat yellow esp comet into the bag. I'm experiencing a funk, I'm looking at full gyro for the second tourney in a row. I want to take one as a security blanket. I figured flat yellow pfn esp would work, all my usual favourites are too beefy, I think I'm extra winter rusty and on an uplink honeymoon.

The uplink is kinda like being married to a red head, it's absolutely amazing, but every now and then it "turns" too far.

You know something about redheads that I'm not privy to and now...I'm not gonna lie I'm curious.

Feels really nice. I did some garage putts with it and it flies good over 22ft lol.

I think I saw those at Dog Gone a few weeks ago. Felt fantastic but they were asking a premium. Still might if they're around the next time.

I think I saw those at Dog Gone a few weeks ago. Felt fantastic but they were asking a premium. Still might if they're around the next time.

Not cheap, it was $20 even though it's electron. I had been good and hadn't bought discs since March so it was my treat lol.

Was invited out last minute to the KSU 9 hole course. Played once maybe a year ago while building renovation/construction was underway. Hated it much less today (although the hex tee pads are still trash), but the key point is this: I keep forgetting what a killer disc the Crave is. Had a couple of really solid tee shots at Oregon this morning and then chained out on 3 at KSU. 270-300 on a baby anhyzer all stinking day long. It's the closest thing there is to an old S Line FD.

After trying a number of gyro molds this spring there's a few that have cemented a spot in my bag.

Crave - Probably my favourite mold to throw atm. I pretty much only use it for right finishing shots or deep hyzer flips that travel dead straight but man is it fun to throw those shots.
Flare - Super beef, love scrambling with it. One of the most used discs in my bag since I put it in.
Envy - Between the Eclipse and the Electron I have all of my BH putter throws covered. I love how much power I can put behind the Eclipse and still trust it.

The Hex, Reactor and Uplink is also looking good for a spot, especially the Reactor. Uplink might be too understable for my taste but it's fun to throw and a good learning tool. I loved the Relay as well and could bag it instead of the Crave without missing a beat, but the wider rim on the Crave feels better in my hand.

I love how low profile and flat every gyro mold is (at least that I've tried). That's something that really feels good in my hand, the flights I can find elsewhere if I wanted, I feel like all major manufacturers have good options for most of not every type of disc.

I'm not a super big fan of the Electron plastic (most base plastics really) and am looking for an understable complement to my Eclipse Envy, basically something that I can throw on a small hyzer flip to straight or flat to turnover. Any suggestions? I've been eyeballing the Pilot and the Proxy but haven't looked into it super much.

Premium proxy flies similar to an electron envy for me, at the same 175ish weights. I throw soft neutron. Electron envy starts off slightly more OS, but playing wooded course quickly beats less stable.

I throw Envy/proxy in the 260-280 range, there could a gap between the two with more power. I will say at my power the proxy really just wants to go straight. It will drift a little and does flip to flat, but its not a turnover putter for me, at least at max weight. Electron envies do late fade after a month of wear, the proxy finishes straight. On the other hand, proxy holds an annie line well. Its fairly buzzz like in that way to me, except for how easy it flips up. Have not thrown a spin.

I'm not a super big fan of the Electron plastic (most base plastics really) and am looking for an understable complement to my Eclipse Envy, basically something that I can throw on a small hyzer flip to straight or flat to turnover. Any suggestions? I've been eyeballing the Pilot and the Proxy but haven't looked into it super much.

I stayed away from base plastics because they don't last here, I gave up and I'm running a soft electron envy cycle haha.

If you want flat to turnover the Spin for sure. I use a R2 Spin (or proton) and 3 envy's. It also hyzer flips to flat etc. I really like them. Most understable putter available... but it's not unusable US, occasionally it's not US enough. It's like a shorter (broken in) uplink.

Proxy will be more of a line holder. Still a damn good disc

Ohm is also a line holder depending on power level. I find them a lot like a broken in envy. Really good for straight and FH touch shots.

Last edited:
Anyone got their hands on the Streamline Jet yet? Seems like it might be worth checking out for those of us with below average arm speed

picture.php

The tourney has come and gone.. This is the final bag.
3x envy, proton spin, 2x og pp fizz tesla, and the relay.

The mixed envy had great results, the spin was essential. The heavy tesla didn't get thrown but it's good to have a dedicated FH disc. Going to work a fireball in there soon for thumb hammers/ wind resistance/ FH.

Good tourney, banged an ace with cosmic e soft envy, ran at about 6 more with it, got a basket top and a rim. Used the heavy neutron SE envy for putting/tap ins. E soft for way outside the circle, plasma ash for driving and C2 putts.

8th in masters, last paid place. 7 strokes off the lead. Carded -2 and -16 (2nd day)

Lots of gyro on the course, it's almost surprising when someone doesn't have any now.

Do any of you Gyronauts throw the Matrix? I was down a couple of Middys after throwing one of mine into a pond in an out of state tournament and having one grabbed off the green during a practice round.

Not having my go to mids ITB, I had a couple of Matrix in my stash that I though should fly pretty close. Only shot -5 today, but got two park jobs with the Matrix. Pretty good disc.

So my red Catalyst cut rolled into the great beyond this morning. I haven't seen any in Plasma below 170 grams, but checking here in case someone else is a little neurotic about the same kind of thing. Would love light, bright, and loud, but I'm guessing that between the heft of the rim and the density of the Plasma plastic, 170's probably my floor on a replacement.

Fortunately, I've been favoring the mint green one of late. So not entirely heartbroken, but this is exactly why the Sith travel in pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts