• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've only been out for a little more than a month, I'm going to assume that there hasn't been enough time. Especially that it's only been putters so far. Give it a couple months with the mids and we'll have a better feeling for how they break in.

It's too early to be sure but from what I've seen in the putters the wear rate seems quite similar.
Thanks, that's what I figured. I'm just curious what the advantage of Proton would be over Neutron since it sounds like the latter is grippier, as durable, and opaque. Just sounds like a clear vs opaque preference to me. :confused:

All things considered I am quite impressed with MVP's ability to make a great disc even better. Both discs fly exactly how I want the respective molds to fly, have superb grip and are very easy to spot with their bright colors.

Ok.. so wheres the video with calming music and pretty throws??

:clap:

Rain and back to back 13 hour shifts make that tough to produce :p I would like to make a video of me throwing all Neutron discs but I can't promise when it will happen.

Rain and back to back 13 hour shifts make that tough to produce :p I would like to make a video of me throwing all Neutron discs but I can't promise when it will happen.

I think we need to have an MVP facility field trip next year and get some crazy MVP footage. That would be hella fun, just saying.

This is getting me so pumped for the Volt. I really hope they release the volt next with the announcement of an understable driver at the time of release. Im pretty sure the putters, mids, and volt will be enough to hold me off for a healthy period of time. The neutron plastic is pure money.

Holding off on getting a new driver till I get my hands on the Volt. I have a feeling it's going to at least kick the SOLF out of my bag. (It's barely hanging in there anyway.)

Any MVP reps on here? I preorded 2 neutron Vectors from a certain site...said site doesn't have them in yet, but other sites do. Just wondering if anyone knows what the distribution is going to be like?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is the weight displacement actually significantly different on MVP discs compared to other discs? I mean all discs have more weight on the outer edge than the flight plate, so how exactly is it different?

Anyway, I'm excited for the Volt.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is the weight displacement actually significantly different on MVP discs compared to other discs? I mean all discs have more weight on the outer edge than the flight plate, so how exactly is it different?

Not really different at all. Discs are gyroscopic by nature, mvp's are just more gyroscopic. Some people think more is better, some think more is more.

You kind of answered your second question on your own there. They are more gyroscopic that the traditional disc. (See comment of second quote now). Yes, the weight displacement is actually higher than the average disc. Here's my take on the gyroscopics of any one plastic mold compared to MVP. Yes, all discs are gyroscopic with the most of the weight being in the rim, however, with them all being one plastic, it doesn't matter where in the disc you grab a sample from, it's all still the same density. With MVP's process, they are eliminating the same uniform density throughout the disc, and are able to put much more weight into the rim of the disc.

Not really different at all. Discs are gyroscopic by nature, mvp's are just more gyroscopic. Some people think more is better, some think more is more.

This be the answer to the second question for the most part.

Any MVP reps on here? I preorded 2 neutron Vectors from a certain site...said site doesn't have them in yet, but other sites do. Just wondering if anyone knows what the distribution is going to be like?

Who did you order from? It takes different lengths of time to get discs to different parts of the country. They should all have them early this week I would assume, and probably out the door same day if you've already ordered and paid for them.

No problem! Perhaps we'll get to play a round together! (Running an all cash tourney next weekend at BRP (oct 6th), you should join the festivities! reg 8-9am. $20int, 30adv, 40pro, with $500 added cash to the pay outs! Plus beer and free lunch!)

I'm currently at school in St. Cloud, but I was kinda planning on going home that weekend anyways so I'll see if I can make it out. And I don't know if we would actually play together since I would play intermediate haha

I think we need to have an MVP facility field trip next year and get some crazy MVP footage. That would be hella fun, just saying.

I'd be down for that.

You guys have no idea...We should definitely have an annual conference. I always play with the guys at Frankenmuth, which is the closest course to MVP, and it has a lot of sledding hills and would make an awesome video with us all throwing MVP.

600full-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-screenshot.jpg

(L to R) discspeed, UnitedPuppySlayer, kingjames1014 & Mike C

We shall travel to the fields of Frankenmuth to seek the Holy Grail, The MVP Volt!
Come Patsy!

Status
Not open for further replies.