• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filmed some pretty good deuces with the neutron mids today. Should have something uploaded before too long.
Obviously both the vector and axis each have their own unique flight patterns, but which do you prefer? Which gives you more glide/distance?

Obviously both the vector and axis each have their own unique flight patterns, but which do you prefer? Which gives you more glide/distance?

The axis gives me more glide and distance. Which I prefer depends on the line called for and the wind. In calm conditions or mild wind I prefer the Axis for dead straight shots, anhyzers, and long glidey hyzers. The Vector I like for longer upshots into a headwind, hyzer drives under 350', and as an all around utility placement disc for any wind conditions FH or BH.

Completely uncalled for..... :thmbdown:

No offense but in the past (and Im sure we're all guilty of this) you have come off pretty rude. Always been cool with me and for that I thank you but I'm sure you just pissed that guy off.

I spent a couple hours with 10 MVP mids today on a piece of property with a decent amount of elevation and water (it used to be a golf course) to get a better sense of how the Axis/Vector fly in the different plastics. I had 6 Axis (2 eclipse, 2 N, 2 P) 176-179g and 4 Vectors (2 N, 1 newish eclipse, 1 beat FR) 173-178g. I threw at trees from a range of distances...I was mostly throwing straight/anyhzer shots with the Axis, and hyzers/S-turns with the Vectors.

Throwing up/down hills and across valleys/ponds really showed the differences between N and P. Neutron does not glide more than Proton as I initially thought. Proton might even glide a little more than N, as the discs seemed to hold in the air and drop straighter than the N discs. The N plastic is much faster though, and it can be powered on lower lines.

The N Axis is strange as the speed is kind of cancelled by the fact that they are domier than their P brethren, but the dome adds glide and they are still a bit faster...It makes me really curious what a flat N Axis would fly like. The N Axis are more HSS and LSS, but they are still straight discs when powered.

The N Vectors are simply faster, and this affects their flight in some predictable ways...They stall more at height as they run out of speed, but stay up in the air longer on low line drives. They fly longer before fading, but bite harder when they do fade. The Protons start fading earlier, but fade more forward. The N Vectors can get some serious D on power S turns started with anny.

I could really see the merits of each version of the Axis/Vector as each was better than the other on certain lines, so I don't think I'll be swapping my Proton for Neutron altogether.

I spent a couple hours with 10 MVP mids today on a piece of property with a decent amount of elevation and water (it used to be a golf course) to get a better sense of how the Axis/Vector fly in the different plastics. I had 6 Axis (2 eclipse, 2 N, 2 P) 176-179g and 4 Vectors (2 N, 1 newish eclipse, 1 beat FR) 173-178g. I threw at trees from a range of distances...I was mostly throwing straight/anyhzer shots with the Axis, and hyzers/S-turns with the Vectors.

Throwing up/down hills and across valleys/ponds really showed the differences between N and P. Neutron does not glide more than Proton as I initially thought. Proton might even glide a little more than N, as the discs seemed to hold in the air and drop straighter than the N discs. The N plastic is much faster though, and it can be powered on lower lines.

The N Axis is strange as the speed is kind of cancelled by the fact that they are domier than their P brethren, but the dome adds glide and they are still a bit faster...It makes me really curious what a flat N Axis would fly like. The N Axis are more HSS and LSS, but they are still straight discs when powered.

The N Vectors are simply faster, and this affects their flight in some predictable ways...They stall more at height as they run out of speed, but stay up in the air longer on low line drives. They fly longer before fading, but bite harder when they do fade. The Protons start fading earlier, but fade more forward. The N Vectors can get some serious D on power S turns started with anny.

I could really see the merits of each version of the Axis/Vector as each was better than the other on certain lines, so I don't think I'll be swapping my Proton for Neutron altogether.

So they do fade harder than the protons? That's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear.

Alright, maybe some people on here can help me out a bit. I am having trouble getting MVP mids to fly with much height off the ground. I thought it was just the heavy Axis I had at first, but I threw a lighter (171) Neutron Vector tonight literally straight into the ground 50 feet in front of me...twice.

Am I not snapping these puppies hard enough, or is there some trick to unlocking the MVP magic?

Alright, maybe some people on here can help me out a bit. I am having trouble getting MVP mids to fly with much height off the ground. I thought it was just the heavy Axis I had at first, but I threw a lighter (171) Neutron Vector tonight literally straight into the ground 50 feet in front of me...twice.

Am I not snapping these puppies hard enough, or is there some trick to unlocking the MVP magic?

Pretend there is a 8' or 10' ceiling and throw the disc so that it pops up and hits the ceiling flat on the top of the disc.

They do like to be thrown hard thanks to the gyrotech®.

Had the same problem when I first started throwing the Axis. Just gotta keep with it and give it a little more air and they'll be flying great.

How is it hitting the ground? On an anhyzer line? Flat? Hyzer? If its hitting 50' out on an anhyzer you are probably OATing it.

With my 171 axis had to actively make myself think "smooth throw". Which at first meant lower power. Then once I had my form down I can really rip on the axis for some nice drives

How is it hitting the ground? On an anhyzer line? Flat? Hyzer? If its hitting 50' out on an anhyzer you are probably OATing it.

With my 171 axis had to actively make myself think "smooth throw". Which at first meant lower power. Then once I had my form down I can really rip on the axis for some nice drives

This is just an assumption, but I'm pretty sure he knows the difference between OAT and just throwing low into the ground... You never know, though.

This is just an assumption, but I'm pretty sure he knows the difference between OAT and just throwing low into the ground... You never know, though.

I didn't OAT it. It just kind of went straight down, similar to what happened when I threw an Axis before. I got a couple decent throws with it, just need to take it out for a full workout. Maybe the gyrotech making more weight in the rim throws me off. I'll try and concentrate on smooth and snap and see what happens. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.