• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is why I am bummed. The first run I have flies very straight like a Buzzz, but this new Neutron is way more HSS and LSS. :(

So now you can bag the first run proton AND the Neutron and have a buzzz AND wasp with the exact same rim. Sounds like a winning situation :thmbup:

And that is why I am bummed. The first run I have flies very straight like a Buzzz, but this new Neutron is way more HSS and LSS. :(

The Axis is not supposed to really be like a Buzzz...It has a very different profile, a glide dominant flight (buzzz has a speed dominant flight), and needs to be thrown differently. I've talked to MVP about making a more Buzzz-like mid and it's definitely a future possibility (check out my poll if you haven't alreadyhttp://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73524).

I will just keep throwing the Buzzz. I really wanted to switch to MVP for all my putters and mids, but I can't change my game to work with their discs - I need discs that work with my game.

So I got my storm trooper axis today, 175g, from community discs and noticed something. The overmold on it comes slightly further down the bead than my two month old purple proton and the orange eclipse I also got today. Its enough that you notice the difference running your finger over the edge, and you can see it as well. Anyone else notice this?

Also the flight plate to overmold transition is very smooth on the Neutron, there is a much less smooth transition. My purple proton has mostly a smooth transition but has a couple rough spots. Is this normal? I haven't had the opportunity to paw more than my own MVP discs.

The purple proton has a slight dome, the neutron is slightly flatter but still has done. The eclipse is by far the domiest.

Won't be able to put it through its paces till either Friday or Monday.

I will just keep throwing the Buzzz. I really wanted to switch to MVP for all my putters and mids, but I can't change my game to work with their discs - I need discs that work with my game.

I hear ya. The Buzzz is also one of the hardest mids to switch from because it owns lines that other mids just don't do. Even though it's been almost two years now since I gave up the Buzzz there are still times I'm stuck wondering what to throw on a 300'-340' straight shot with a low ceiling...

I hear ya. The Buzzz is also one of the hardest mids to switch from because it owns lines that other mids just don't do. Even though it's been almost two years now since I gave up the Buzzz there are still times I'm stuck wondering what to throw on a 300'-340' straight shot with a low ceiling...

I remember when you were the guru of all things buzzz. But I know what you mean about it being hard to quit the buzzz.

I love my flat FR green Axis for this shot. Give it a bit of hyzer and watch it sail straight all the way to the basket. Of course, I have plenty of practice with this shot because my home course has a hole just like that.

I guess because it is flat that it doesn't have that predominant glide flight, but its slight understability keeps it in the air? Idk, it gets the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts