• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could also be the curved inner rim makes you throw nose down

Good idea, but doubtful. The Axis and Vector wall is nothing like that of the Anode and Ion. Yes, it's slightly curved at the top, unlike all other mids, but it's just at the top so it's not a 90* wall. Definitely shouldn't be putting it nose down.

Alright, maybe some people on here can help me out a bit. I am having trouble getting MVP mids to fly with much height off the ground. I thought it was just the heavy Axis I had at first, but I threw a lighter (171) Neutron Vector tonight literally straight into the ground 50 feet in front of me...twice.

Am I not snapping these puppies hard enough, or is there some trick to unlocking the MVP magic?

I had two throws like that today with my Vector. I thought I just had bad throws and didn't think anything of it until I read this comment.

Sounds like a spin issue...If you give the MVP mids arm instead of spin they don't get the lift to hold in the air. Sometimes this happens to me as well when I get a little out of practice(especially with my Axis). It makes me concentrate on my snap, which is never a bad thing.

Yeah, I know I tend to strongarm things a bit, so hopefully the Vector will help me correct that a bit and it will translate to my other discs, too.

Well it was worth a shot. Not everyone knows what OAT is or when they were doing it.

I had OAT issues with MVP discs when I first started throwing them, so I thought there was a chance maybe you were having the same or similar issue

Sounds like a spin issue...If you give the MVP mids arm instead of spin they don't get the lift to hold in the air. Sometimes this happens to me as well when I get a little out of practice(especially with my Axis). It makes me concentrate on my snap, which is never a bad thing.

Thanks for the tip. I've been meaning to get out and work on my form, so this is gonna be my motivation :D

Took the Vector out to the local nine-holer and really concentrated on putting more snap on my drives. It definitely worked, and I didn't have any more straight into the ground throws. Thanks for the advice.

One observation: this thing is fast, much faster than my Pains. It's gonna take a little getting used to.

I just picked up the new Neutron Axis and Vector.. 1 of each. (orange axis, blue vector) super pumped to throw them. Now all we need is the volt.. I hope it comes in both plastics. Both are equally great!

Took the Vector out to the local nine-holer and really concentrated on putting more snap on my drives. It definitely worked, and I didn't have any more straight into the ground throws. Thanks for the advice.

One observation: this thing is fast, much faster than my Pains. It's gonna take a little getting used to.

Yeah, it's practically a FW driver compared to Pains, lol.

So I went out and threw them. The Axis is horrible for a mid range disc IMO.. But it is a really good driving mid.. Big improvement over Proton.. The Vector was great for Driving and Mid shots.. Except it seemed to be less overstable.. Still useful but doesn't seem to have the same flight path.. Idk.. I am very happy with both purchases nonetheless.

I don't see how a disc that can go lazer straight with unprecedented consistency, fight moderate wind and hold any release angle is a bad approach mid but to each their own haha.

I don't see how a disc that can go lazer straight with unprecedented consistency, fight moderate wind and hold any release angle is a bad approach mid but to each their own haha.

I think he's trying to say that it needs too much snap for him to be able to throw it from a stand still...or at least that's what I gathered from that post.

But I agree with you, I love my Axis.

Got my N Axis today. This thing is pancake flat. It's so flat it is on the verge of being concave.
It's one of the stampless ones. Is this something that's common in the unstamped Axes?
Won't be able to throw it for a few days but I'm betting it'll be understable from the lack of dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.