• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

I'm drinking famous Newfoundland Screech Rum, with a "new taste".. can we see what's in my glow cupboard? Haha no they aren't all glow discs, damn that's where my white chance glitch went. And the soft Neutron Spidey hex haha. If that dude had listed it as soft n it would been $10 more haha.

M f n pilot... another lie from gyro marketing.
2024-01-2018.48.363740103094470876129.jpg

2024-01-2018.52.576006665865417510732.jpg
Do you know how Screech is traditionally made? You take an empty Barrel they used to hold rum, you throw four or five gallons of water in it and kick it up and down the dock rolling it for a while to bring the alcohol back out of the oak wood. And then basically get yourself some free swish.

To stay on target, here's my yard box, right now!!!
2024-01-2018.57.048523821093014254390.jpg

Last edited:
I read somewhere that he is an Olympic shot putter or something like that.
I believe he was a discus thrower? Thats what I was told anyways.

Either way, regardless of that, dude is like 6'7 and built like a brick shit house farmer boy. He has leverage and power to go with it. And he knows how to brace.

And, lets assume that discus was correct for the sake of this argument, cause I've had people throw this at me.

"But discuss and disc golf are not the same."

That ... isn't the point. Yeah, you don't throw them the same jackwagon.

The point is when you're doing something like that on an ELITE level, you have a different understanding of how to generate power and use your athletics ability.
Point being, the guy knows how to brace properly. All the Olympic sports require good bracing and full body powered movements.

If you wanna throw far in DG, you need to learn to use your WHOLE body in unison.

I think he just figured out it was smart to have money vs going out and trying to live poor as a touring player. I think he could have been really good at DG. but when you got family or reasons to stay home, why would you go live in a car like a vagabond?

I think a bunch the MVP max distance drivers in general are kinda flippy with the wrong angle or a headwind. I can't even pretend to throw them anymore haha... but it seems like the lower stability ones like catalyst, octane etc are meant for a hard hyzer line or flip up flight. They do not want to be belted out on any anhyzer, they all roll even at my power level. With the exception of the Mayhem.. that's the disc I miss throwing the most out of the max DD's

That is one thing I've also noticed. Gyro can do some weird stuff that hurts you too.
With gyro, you're going to see different flights from discs, thats how physics works. Which is cool the flights are more unique.

With some discs, they dont wanna be pushed as much, you gotta let them do their thing, you push them to hard and suddenly they like "uhh, dude, no" and you're like.. wtf, that is a Glow Deflector, why did you not come out of that? (This is a conversation I've yelled in public multiple times as I gave it like 5 degree to much annie on a shot)

Then some of the flippy stuff, if you hit it flat or hyzer, it will fly so nice.
Give it 2 degree of annie, its like "oh you wanted a roller? no problem."

I'm sitting here STILL trying to learn to throw flip over power rollers with an old orbital, and it doesn't like it sometimes, It's SO fussy about wanting to pop over, cause rollers want a lot of special things when you throw a backhand roller.
If anyone isn't sure what line I'm talking about, there is one other time you throw this particicular shot style. I dont 'have power for the air shot.

But its the flip over S curve distance line, It's a line you see eagle use a lot. Hyzer flip way left of the target, it will push out for like 300 feet, flip over to the other side of the fairway, at about 450-500 feet, it will hit its final apex and push fade.

This, to get nerdy, I think is part of the negative nose angle thing. If you can throw up with like -4° of nose angle, you can achieve this line. Because any positive nose angle regardless of the power is going to give you a stall fade vs a push fade.
And that's just getting way to complicated.

can we see what's in my glow cupboard?
M f n pilot... another lie from gyro marketing.
View attachment 331201

Are we doing a glow collection show off?
I can get in on this.... Jas.

I believe he was a discus thrower? Thats what I was told anyways.

Either way, regardless of that, dude is like 6'7 and built like a brick shit house farmer boy. He has leverage and power to go with it. And he knows how to brace.

And, lets assume that discus was correct for the sake of this argument, cause I've had people throw this at me.

"But discuss and disc golf are not the same."

That ... isn't the point. Yeah, you don't throw them the same jackwagon.

The point is when you're doing something like that on an ELITE level, you have a different understanding of how to generate power and use your athletics ability.
Point being, the guy knows how to brace properly. All the Olympic sports require good bracing and full body powered movements.

If you wanna throw far in DG, you need to learn to use your WHOLE body in unison.

I think he just figured out it was smart to have money vs going out and trying to live poor as a touring player. I think he could have been really good at DG. but when you got family or reasons to stay home, why would you go live in a car like a vagabond?

I just looked it up, he competed in both discus and shot. And I agree, I'm no expert but I would believe there has to be a ton of similarities in throwing discus and shotput, and disc golf.

Yes, back when he was playing the sponsorship and prize money wasn't there. DGPT didn't exist yet. I remember people on the boards would give him a hard time - "Sure you can throw a disc far but can you play disc golf." People weren't used to actual athletes playing our sport.

Missing.
Glow Gyropalooza Envy, caues, its boring.
Glow envy in bag.
Glow Elk Deflector in bag.

Attachments

• glowdrive.jpg
    glowdrive.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • glowputt.jpg
    glowputt.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
That is one thing I've also noticed. Gyro can do some weird stuff that hurts you too.
With gyro, you're going to see different flights from discs, thats how physics works. Which is cool the flights are more unique.

With some discs, they dont wanna be pushed as much, you gotta let them do their thing, you push them to hard and suddenly they like "uhh, dude, no" and you're like.. wtf, that is a Glow Deflector, why did you not come out of that? (This is a conversation I've yelled in public multiple times as I gave it like 5 degree to much annie on a shot)

Then some of the flippy stuff, if you hit it flat or hyzer, it will fly so nice.
Give it 2 degree of annie, its like "oh you wanted a roller? no problem."

I'm sitting here STILL trying to learn to throw flip over power rollers with an old orbital, and it doesn't like it sometimes, It's SO fussy about wanting to pop over, cause rollers want a lot of special things when you throw a backhand roller.
If anyone isn't sure what line I'm talking about, there is one other time you throw this particicular shot style. I dont 'have power for the air shot.

But its the flip over S curve distance line, It's a line you see eagle use a lot. Hyzer flip way left of the target, it will push out for like 300 feet, flip over to the other side of the fairway, at about 450-500 feet, it will hit its final apex and push fade.

This, to get nerdy, I think is part of the negative nose angle thing. If you can throw up with like -4° of nose angle, you can achieve this line. Because any positive nose angle regardless of the power is going to give you a stall fade vs a push fade.
And that's just getting way to complicated.

Are we doing a glow collection show off?
I can get in on this.... Jas.
Is this the shot you are referring to?

View attachment 331202
Do you know how Screech is traditionally made? You take an empty Barrel they used to hold rum, you throw four or five gallons of water in it and kick it up and down the dock rolling it for a while to bring the alcohol back out of the oak wood. And then basically get yourself some free swish.

View attachment 331203
I see that sneaky derpasaur in there!

I see that sneaky derpasaur in there!
Sneaky Lil 157.... haha. That is directly your fault.

Oh man none of those are my collection, thems muh throwas

I haven't tried the new ones but the old orbital was ultimately too frustrating for me. Too fine a line, worse than a fission wave. I made that magic 3 turn S shot once and wasted months trying to do it again.

I haven't tried the new ones but the old orbital was ultimately too frustrating for me. Too fine a line, worse than a fission wave. I made that magic 3 turn S shot once and wasted months trying to do it again.
I like my old ones.

The new ones they did on the re-tool were less flippy than a wave.
I'm hoping they correct it.
Thank god they didn't do it in cosmic neutron, then people would loose their minds.
I'm bagging an old PP one.
I love rollers though, so it stays, but you can do some fun stuff with the orbital, especially on hyzer flip lines or hyzer push lines.

I got 2 stego's here too. they tons of fun.

Those light ones are so fun. And need to be thrown, very few Stegos are worth much if they aren't attempting to fly lol.

Good lord, MVP is smoking crack again.

30 dollars for the new envy?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
That's a little high, I'll have to ask a retailer if they are actually much more.

For a special edition that's fine but for day to day it's high.

View attachment 331202

View attachment 331203
Alright man, gonna need an address so I can come drink and browse your collection.

Good lord, MVP is smoking crack again.

30 dollars for the new envy?
MAP is $25 and we will likely see a lot of retailers selling it at that price point. For a player signature disc that sounds fine. Proton plastic discs are usually around $20, so you are paying an extra $5 to support Eagle and get the rebirth stamp.

And no, I'm not rushing out to get one. I did order a couple of the Special Edition Pixels. I grew up in the 80s and the retro video game stamp perfectly fits with one of my other hobbies, video games. Cool stamp that reminds me of early video games is worth a bit more for me.

MAP is $25 and we will likely see a lot of retailers selling it at that price point. For a player signature disc that sounds fine. Proton plastic discs are usually around $20, so you are paying an extra $5 to support Eagle and get the rebirth stamp.

And no, I'm not rushing out to get one. I did order a couple of the Special Edition Pixels. I grew up in the 80s and the retro video game stamp perfectly fits with one of my other hobbies, video games. Cool stamp that reminds me of early video games is worth a bit more for me.

Well, the annoying part of it is that we cannot sell it for 25 dollars at the store. Only online retailers can do that.

It seems like a money grab to me, unless he is getting part of the money on it. Then, in that case fine and dandy.

Well, the annoying part of it is that we cannot sell it for 25 dollars at the store. Only online retailers can do that.

It seems like a money grab to me, unless he is getting part of the money on it. Then, in that case fine and dandy.
Dang that's weird how come?

Dang that's weird how come?
Brick and Mortar costs are insane.

All our stuff is MSRP or a dollar higher in the store so we can keep it open. Warehouses full of 100's and hundreds of orders per day dont have to worry about that, they selling such volume that it makes up for it.

It would be crazy different world for stores if MFG's made the online stores sell for MSRP as well.

You'd have to WANT to support your local store buying 4 or 5 discs and paying the extra 30-40 dollars to do that vs just ordering them online with free shipping.

If I can get it for 15 dollars why would I pay 20? especially when you start getting into larger count purchases.

Map is there so online retailers cannot really rake B&M's out of business. It's tough to maintain costs and keep the stores open. I'm glad I don't own the local store and only help out on occasions.

One of the things I've heard though too is "why not just have an online store."

Well for one, it's a pain to keep an up front inventory and in back sale inventory.
And nobody is going to buy my bone stock envy at 20 dollars when infinite has it for 14.
Cause I cannot sell in store for 20 and online for 14.

It's a catch 22. \=

Latest posts