• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

If I would have known these Gyropalooza boxes were so good I wouldn't have waited so long to get onBox.

Wanted to get into gyro and at least see what MVP has that u might like. So I bought a Gyropalooza box.

https://youtu.be/at8WBL-bfJw

Yep.... I waited to buy a box... and man, got some cool discs... way better than last years all Nomad boxes, ha...

Agree 100%, and even the first FN run was more stable. I remember my craves were as stable than a Royal Rage FD2, which is why I fell in love with them. Recent runs of Craves are much less turn resistant and have me wishing for a more stable counterpart in the Axiom lineup, something btw Resistor and Servo.

Until then it's max weight fission craves for me, they're the most stable I've found in past 2+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The newest run of Plasma is more stable than max weight Fission to me. You might try one out.

Just showed up to give a little love to the glitch... I've been hard on it, I still prefer the spin but........ It was cold and raining hard today, stray snowflake kinda rain. Played some wet 3 disc,N uplink, spin and glitch, to towel, no bag.

The glitch was consistently easier to grip soaking wet and was effortless with bad/slippery footing and a low desire to play competitive haha. It ended up winning by 4 strokes about -8 over 12 holes. Spin was 2 behind and the uplink stank about 6 behind.

The glitch might be a good wet weather disc because of its low power requirement . It may just creep into the bag, I just have to learn which shots to leave it there. :D

Just showed up to give a little love to the glitch... I've been hard on it, I still prefer the spin but........ It was cold and raining hard today, stray snowflake kinda rain. Played some wet 3 disc,N uplink, spin and glitch, to towel, no bag.

The glitch was consistently easier to grip soaking wet and was effortless with bad/slippery footing and a low desire to play competitive haha. It ended up winning by 4 strokes about -8 over 12 holes. Spin was 2 behind and the uplink stank about 6 behind.

The glitch might be a good wet weather disc because of its low power requirement . It may just creep into the bag, I just have to learn which shots to leave it there. :D

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by how grippy the run of Neutron Soft plastic was for the Glitch. Super fun to throw and the perfect disc to take on a day trip.

And that wet weather bit is just one of a few reasons why an Electron Glitch makes sense.

Got a couple long putts and almost got some longshot birds with the glitch right line but too high. It's definitely stepping up for those oh crap what do I throw here kind of shots. The weirdy ones or horrible footing/arm movement.

Backed up my domey circuit 171 rhythm twice over so 3 of em now. Still have the 160 G SE that I am trying to work in a bit more but with that flat top it's consistently about 10 ft short. It's been a very nice compliment to the relay I don't think I can take the relay out of the bag but it is stealing a couple of shots primarily the ones where I want to put a little bit of turn on it but not too much and I'm counting on a little bit of Fade to keep on line. Basically it is a touch more stable and a touch longer than the relay and a touch more idiot proof :D

Got a couple long putts and almost got some longshot birds with the glitch right line but too high. It's definitely stepping up for those oh crap what do I throw here kind of shots. The weirdy ones or horrible footing/arm movement.

This is exactly what the glitch is for me. There are 2-3 holes in my neck of the woods where I will throw the glitch from the tee-pad. Aside from those holes, the Glitch is my get-out-of-jail-free card.

Had about a 95' throw-in with the glitch over the weekend. was going to put my spin under the basket then thought hell run it with the glitch. Just a fun discs. don't know if I will bag it all the time but on course where I end up with a lot of 80'-120' upshot it will be with me.

I can definitely see him settling on the servo instead of crave. For what it's worth I don't see a ton of difference between the two aside from the stronger fade on the servo.

Seems like there's room for something between a servo and resistor stability wise that he'd throw a ton as his workhorse fairway. Volt is a hair faster, crazy how for me it flies like a shorter pd but for him it's dead straight with minimal fade. He might just power down a volt but it can kinda bleed into that next step up in speed when hit hard.

I'd love to see him throw hyzerflips with a nicely seasoned glow insanity. Personally I've had better luck with the Tesla than wrath, would like to see what he could do with Tesla's as workhorse control drivers.

It'll take him a bit to reduce some overlap and find what plastics he prefers for which drivers. He's one of the most skilled pure throwers ever, dude just has to learn what works for him.

would love to see fission resistors. bet they would beat in nice.

There's a distinct lack of Fission in Simon's bag which is surprising to me. I really think a heavy Fission crave is the Crave he's looking for. The Protons I've thrown have all been flippy.
I love that he's throwing the Wrath though! That disc needs some love. It would be incredible to get fresh runs in plastics other than Neutron. I threw a couple at the start of last year, but I was throwing PDs then and they overlapped.
Anyone have experience with the old Proton Wraths? They seem hard to track down. Construct has a pretty solid hold on that slot in the bag right now. But if they do some cool runs of the Wrath in the future (Fission or glow) , I could be convinced ��

I love that he's throwing the Wrath though! That disc needs some love. It would be incredible to get fresh runs in plastics other than Neutron.

Would love to see some Wrath love. I wish they could retool the volt to have similar stability because right now the Volts are just coming out so overstable and I'd rather throw my terra in the US slot and have something workable like a Wrath. And the only reason I don't bag a Wrath is because they are not always readily available. I don't always try to do it this way but I do sometimes avoid certain discs that are seemingly harder to find than others, especially at my local shops.

That said, today I went for a putter only round with the Glitch, Envy, and Proxy. The glitch continues to be a surprise for me. Parked a 260ft hole by throwing 5 feet long and having it hyzer out behind the basket. Parked a couple 220ft holes and hit the basket on another 230ft hole.

The proxy was a surprise as well and actually grabbed chains on one hole. Had it been just one foot deeper it would've been my first ace in around 10 years. It also wasn't that bad of a putter for me which is what actually surprised me the most. I may have to look into picking up a few proxy's for putting now.

Based off what I've seen Simon throw so far I think he's going to be quickly enjoying having a Fireball in his bag. I'm betting we'll see him lean on it a lot this upcoming season.

Based off what I've seen Simon throw so far I think he's going to be quickly enjoying having a Fireball in his bag. I'm betting we'll see him lean on it a lot this upcoming season.

Hex/Pyro and Wrath/Fireball seem pretty firmly cemented.

He does seem to be warming to the Proxy, too.

I have an MVP Volt (8/5/-.5/2). I see the Terra (8/5/0/3) and Shock (8/5/0/2.5) being very similar, based on the flight numbers. What makes them different? Is the Shock really more overstable since its turn is 0 and the Vold is .5? Is the Terra really that much more overstable than the Shock and Volt since the Terra is turn of 0 and fade of 5?

I'm curious and it will help me know whether I should give the Terra and/or Shock a try.

Would love to see some Wrath love. I wish they could retool the volt to have similar stability because right now the Volts are just coming out so overstable and I'd rather throw my terra in the US slot and have something workable like a Wrath. And the only reason I don't bag a Wrath is because they are not always readily available. ....

I'd like to see the volt get the love it deserves, it's the right disc in the right run. The cool thing is they go a full gamut of stability the bad thing is you don't know which one you're buying :D. I don't think they will abandon it as their flagship driver but they almost should... or at least stop until they decide what it should be, or run two different cooling time/mold variations. IMO a volt needs dome to be awesome.

Hmmm call em liquid cooled, wait no.. LN2 Liquid nitrogen :D

I'd like to see the wrath fans have their love justified by Simon, I've seen a few people really like them and it looks like a good disc. I have also been hesitant from supply problems but I think that's getting fixed fast! Especially if it became a TS disc I could see the servo for that too.

"IMO a volt needs dome to be awesome."

That's gross. I don't want to see dome on any MVP/axiom discs except the distance drivers. Board flat is who they brought to the dance they should stick with that

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk