• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

I didn't find a use for the Glitch in my bag. It's generally windy here and mine is 145g. Couldn't dial it in at all with a FH but fun to throw straight floaty BH shots.

I think I'd like the same disc but stretched out to mid diameter and 170+ weights.

I threw a friends once and didn't like it, but I'll likely grab one if I ever get the chance.

Not sure what it's going to do that my Berg/Spin/mid combo can't do.

Still waiting to throw a Rhythm - they are taking ages to get to Australia.

Yeah everytime you post about waiting for a release I feel better about "waiting for a release" up here. At least Canada is only a week and a half or so behind, though lately with MVP announcing release dates after the orders are placed we are generally on schedule for releases. 1 of my 2 reg online retailers had the hex ready to ship on the 3rd. :D :D which is awesome. Last year I'd mark the release date on my calendar and have to check back all week (or longer) until they made it to inventory.

If you like and bag the spin (like I do) you won't find as much use for the glitch as others. Biggest use for me is weak putts that hold height, and high short anhyzers around trees within 60'. The spin always seems to drop too fast to make those turns. Out of the 20 regulars at league 25 percent have bagged a glitch which is impressive because they would have had to order one, it wasn't an impulse "I saw it at the store" buy.

Rhythm found a slot in my bag a lot faster than the glitch.

got my tesla back from the dye shop

160 fission Tesla

picture.php

Not what I would've expected but will just serve a different purpose. Lizottl on the left against 3 different hexes from the initial release.

Haven't thrown it yet but surprised the nose looks more blunt and plh sits lower.

Attachments

• 4FF27727-0462-4793-BBFB-9EE5D4F2042D.jpg
    4FF27727-0462-4793-BBFB-9EE5D4F2042D.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 8525D00D-2866-4DA5-A843-E44A7A05EC1F.jpg
    8525D00D-2866-4DA5-A843-E44A7A05EC1F.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 9B1C39F7-F414-4457-AA89-D85DC5882656.jpg
    9B1C39F7-F414-4457-AA89-D85DC5882656.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 40
I mean, it's kind of both. Im making the video, but I'm not super enthusiastic about it so far lol.

It was given to me or I wouldn't probably have done it.

It's very straight, unless I power it flat. Not a disc I would see myself using on the course I don't think, but I like weird stuff.

Have you tried nose up and hyzer release? I almost aced a 266' hole with a sweeping hyzer by accident just toying around with my Glitch. I lack some of the touch I need to throw it, and I probably throw it too often and get burned as a result (but laying a Zone/Toro FH up is boring).

Have you tried nose up and hyzer release? I almost aced a 266' hole with a sweeping hyzer by accident just toying around with my Glitch. I lack some of the touch I need to throw it, and I probably throw it too often and get burned as a result (but laying a Zone/Toro FH up is boring).

Yes, and it's a fun flight on that angle. I was trying to see if you could make it fade so I tried. Big hyzer nose up and it didn't really fade, but it went good distance and landed softly.

Yes, and it's a fun flight on that angle. I was trying to see if you could make it fade so I tried. Big hyzer nose up and it didn't really fade, but it went good distance and landed softly.

The only way I've found to make it fade is just like that with low spin. At least you can drop it on a hyzer like that and it still powers straight. I've also noticed the more it breaks in the more I can get the glitch to fade/hyzer. It's not a full puddle top but it's definitely indented and I feel like it does a bit more now.

This is awesome, where did you get it done?

Guy up here in Canada, one of my FB friends... he was doing a fundraiser for music therapy. Good dude part time dyer. He pretty much only does it for charity fundraisers, couple times a year. He offered up a custom dye last month when I was doing a juniors FR.

The hot dip kinda flattened the dome on the fission haha, I pressed it back out a bit with some hot water but I'm going to try again, I've got a weighted ball for a shrimp trap out back that I think would do the trick better than a stack of: pop top mini+bottle cap+ tea saucer+ bowl+ pot with water in it. Haha.

The only way I've found to make it fade is just like that with low spin. At least you can drop it on a hyzer like that and it still powers straight. I've also noticed the more it breaks in the more I can get the glitch to fade/hyzer. It's not a full puddle top but it's definitely indented and I feel like it does a bit more now.

Guy up here in Canada, one of my FB friends... he was doing a fundraiser for music therapy. Good dude part time dyer. He pretty much only does it for charity fundraisers, couple times a year. He offered up a custom dye last month when I was doing a juniors FR.

The hot dip kinda flattened the dome on the fission haha, I pressed it back out a bit with some hot water but I'm going to try again, I've got a weighted ball for a shrimp trap out back that I think would do the trick better than a stack of: pop top mini+bottle cap+ tea saucer+ bowl+ pot with water in it. Haha.

The only MVP disc I've ever seen with mild dome was a Proton Relativity.

So, that's a hand-done dye? Wowza. I thought it might be printed onto the disc.

I'm making a Glitch video right now.

Are you guys throwing this thing? Does anyone actually like it? Be honest.

I only got a couple of days of throwing the glitch before snow showed up. So not a large data set....But I'm liking it. For reference, I throw a Zephyr on a some holes, and the Glitch is able to do some of the same things. I'll need more time with it to rely on it like I do the Zephyr. I also think it putts better than the Zephyr, but I have to turn my putting stance 90 degrees.

One thing I had a minute to assess was how it flew in windy days. The weird thing was that it seemed ok....but it wasn't really blasting those days, maybe 10 or so.

The only MVP disc I've ever seen with mild dome was a Proton Relativity.

So, that's a hand-done dye? Wowza. I thought it might be printed onto the disc.

Yeah I appreciate the hand dye work a lot more. If you look close you can see the bleed and spotting. There's a lot of white around the "mark it zero" thats fairly orange. I like the imperfections, let's you know it's hand done and not some heartless machine. The image is pretty cool and not whati had in mind haha, it's so much better.

A lot of my mvp stuff has dome but I also have a lot of older runs. This is a new run L2 fission, it had some dome and it started clovering after the hot dip. My old PP fission teslas all have decent dome and my last run of fission (fibreglass) have a slight dome. The domey teslas are less stable.

Thanks Moose! Panic looks perfect.

I'm not a lid guy, but the Glitch didnt impress me the way it has some people.

I think it's fun because its different. Its super floaty because its very light, and is somewhat stable for its weight.

I liked the low fade, high glide, straight flight, and a right drifting turnover putter is one of the things you want in your bag as an advanced player IMO, but I think there are more reliable options.

For me, I felt like the Glitch could do straight/turnover putter, and was fun to throw, but the floatiness and light weight would keep me from ever throwing it in a scoring round.

It's a disc that has gone in and out of my bag but right now it's pretty much permanently there. I played a local course where everything is a birdie-able with a putter except for maybe one hole. Off the tee I was throwing a fresh envy, fresh proxy, and the glitch. It was surprising to me how versatile it was and how it held it's own.

That being said it really doesn't have much fade if at all which makes ranging it a bit more of a challenge. There are a few holes that I know are going to be glitch-off-the-tee type holes but that is not where this disc shines the most for me. Rather, it's the scramble shots where I can't get a full throwing motion that this disc really shines. So for me it is a utility disc that gets thrown a few times a round but not anywhere near being a work horse.

I'm struggling with the notion of this disc. I love the idea, a I know I would like it and it would have utility. But I already bag one super niche disc, albeit on the absolute opposite end of the spectrum (Stego) that I don't know if I wanna dabble with another.

Butttttt......

It looks fun!

It's a disc that has gone in and out of my bag but right now it's pretty much permanently there. I played a local course where everything is a birdie-able with a putter except for maybe one hole. Off the tee I was throwing a fresh envy, fresh proxy, and the glitch. It was surprising to me how versatile it was and how it held it's own.
... Rather, it's the scramble shots where I can't get a full throwing motion that this disc really shines. So for me it is a utility disc that gets thrown a few times a round but not anywhere near being a work horse.

I've tried to not like it, in favour of the spin... but it's constantly parked with very little effort. Used sparingly and appropriately it's a tool I can use especially on scrambles.

I'm not a lid guy, but the Glitch didnt impress me the way it has some people.

I liked the low fade, high glide, straight flight, and a right drifting turnover putter is one of the things you want in your bag as an advanced player IMO, but I think there are more reliable options.

I'm a lid guy but I can not however get the anhyzer drift out of it, or the hyzer flip to flat that's why the spin is holding its spot. Glitch is a unique disc. I can get some nice severe anhyzer turns though.

Anyone thrown a 155g fission envy yet?

I'm struggling with the notion of this disc. I love the idea, a I know I would like it and it would have utility. But I already bag one super niche disc, albeit on the absolute opposite end of the spectrum (Stego) that I don't know if I wanna dabble with another.

Butttttt......

It looks fun!

A friend gave me one that he found (!) a week ago. I can't see it as an actual golf disc for me, but it's perfect for tossing with the kids in the yard which I mean as a strong compliment.

A friend gave me one that he found (!) a week ago. I can't see it as an actual golf disc for me, but it's perfect for tossing with the kids in the yard which I mean as a strong compliment.

Most days I wanna toss high speed drivers at my kids.....

Ooops did I say that out loud???

Obviously kidding. We could use a more appropriate disc for the yard too. My son is 8. We usually play with his Dino Discs Stegosaurus, but that's got a pretty sharp rim on it for true catch. It's nice to see him flex out some pretty good lines with it though.

Anyone thrown a 155g fission envy yet?

I mentioned this in the other thread, but yeah, I have a 155 that I feel is just a bit glidier for C2 putts. For approaches and drives it didn't really feel any different than the 172 Fizzy I got or my 167 Eclipse 1.0 Envy.

But, last night at the local mini, I did realize how much I've come to rely on the Glitch for approaches. I had several approaches with my 2.0 Proxy that came up short just because I was worried about over throwing them. I think I was mainly out of practice, since most of my shots like that are with a Glitch now, but dang, I really want an Eclipse Glitch now.

I really want an Eclipse Glitch now.
I would definitely bag a Eclipse Glitch. Before I built my glow box to take advantage of good glow plastic, I often carried a Champ Zephyr with an LED on it for glow. Slow flying and stays on top of the snow. I can easily throw a Glitch 50' further and its way better for putting. Since I carry a minimal glow bag, but love to include silly/fun discs the glitch would be a shoe in. I have a gateway "big dog" in there now. And a Stego.