• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

It says rhythm on the rim... maybe today.... it's almost 2 weeks
Nice! I posted a prototype trance for trade and someone is giving me three sweet discs for it lol Ill post those when I get them.

Waiting for discs to be delivered is a particularly bizarre feeling of anticipation lol.

Nice! I posted a prototype trance for trade and someone is giving me three sweet discs for it lol Ill post those when I get them.

Waiting for discs to be delivered is a particularly bizarre feeling of anticipation lol.
Haha yeah I feel like today or Monday. I have my vernier caliper ready...

Did you throw that trance? That's the most comet esque awkward rim I've ever seen on a driver, short of the Quest madness. That was the one time I got a disc and just went nah, wish I could figure out which envelope or box it's in, they are hot item lately. Maybe I could trade it for a detour. 😉

I've been working the insanity alongside a rhythm, and glow glitch vs the Watt on the nightly. The insanity sure fades and glides out slow, meaning it's landing far. I've tipped it over lots on accident but mostly it pulls out before burning. The eclipse glitch is one of those "careful what you wish for" discs, sometimes it's nice to have the stability (downhill) other times it's kinda missing that touch magic that makes it so fun. (I can't flip the nose up and get the same anhyzer turn around trees, it is less responsive)

To me the simplest way to describe it is still...that if you have a Hex/Detour/Uplink, relatively, they fly exactly how the numbers say they should. And they do it out of the box in neutron plastic.

I hear people say that and I agree with the Uplink and Detour but idk what it is about the Hex, I've just never really gotten one that was -1 1 out of the box. They have always been fairly stable and I'm not exactly a noodle arm either. Makes me really wonder about how much spin I am putting on the
Lol man I'm getting these for it, yellow is in fact a detour. Medusa is an insanity:

View attachment 331900

I got offered two brand new detours as well. People really want these proto trances.
Had one and lost it. Thinking of going back into the woods to see if I can find it. It was a real sweet flier and a great compliment to the volts. But, at the end of the day it was oddly similar to my insanity and fission rhythm. With the way my bag is set-up now, I am not sure it would have a place. Very very nice disc though, to be completely honest.

Had one and lost it. Thinking of going back into the woods to see if I can find it. It was a real sweet flier and a great compliment to the volts. But, at the end of the day it was oddly similar to my insanity and fission rhythm. With the way my bag is set-up now, I am not sure it would have a place. Very very nice disc though, to be completely honest.
I was tempted to bag it because it looked sick and seemed like one I would like.

I just can't get over the aversion to bagging hard to find discs though. I like Insanitys and I cannot imagine that the Trance is much different, and if it is, it wouldn't be doing what I hope it would!

It says rhythm on the rim... its either a misprint or the find of the year.... maybe today.... it's almost 2 weeks
Wait, did we get a picture confirmation it was a rhythm?

Cause that rim still looks way to wide to me.

coudln't find it.
Haha I'm fuckin with ya...

Yes I'm sure it says rhythm but I'm not sure if it is a rhythm.... I got my Verner or vernier caliper ready and all the Axiom discs to compare, I just haven't got it in the mail yet. That's the part that's killing me.

No mail yesterday or today, might be a mighty mail call Monday.

Yes I'm sure it says rhythm but I'm not sure if it is a rhythm.... I got my Verner or vernier caliper ready and all the Axiom discs to compare, I just haven't got it in the mail yet. That's the part that's killing me.

Man this is a level of dedication I will strive for hahahah

It will be embossed if its a rhythm. So, you wont have to measure.

Well, I missed out yesterday. Stopped by the Virginia Beach PIAS, and was surprised to find out they had posted on Instagram yesterday 20 Eagle Envy's, and 20 Pixels. The manager/owner told me they were gone within a few hours. Eagle on video yesterday said the Eagle Envy drop would be on the 16th of this month, and I would rather wait and pick a Sharpe-looking color combo online.

Simon participated in a Q&A a few weekends ago and was asked about any new disc to fill in any holes of the MVP/Axiom lineup. He stated their looking at filling in between a Hex and Pyro for woods play. He doesn't feel like the Matrix fits that roll in the woods. I threw a Proton Matrix for a few months before it was replaced by my Prism Plasma Pyro 18 months ago. The majority of the courses I play are in the woods, and my Pyro does just fine, see what MVP/Axiom is able to produce.

Simon also mentioned a straighter Crave. My Plasma Crave 167g LHBH is left center with an ending fade or just straight in. But, if they come up with a straighter disc, okay.

rude
schitts creek ok GIF by CBC

Haha bonus points for Canadian content there baiy. Haha bought at least a half dozen off that guy before, oh well, a 163 virus will be OK. Just not the find of the year Haha. I was thinking a virus with a mis stamped rim...

Guess that proves Sheep right!

Latest posts