• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Proton is right, Plasma is left, if the Hokom isn't straight when you pop it, then I'm missing something.
Sorry, I should have quoted him, I was tired and got sloppy. It was in reference to Lee's post on Simon talking about a straighter Crave
[COLOR=var(--text-lighter)]Simon participated in a Q&A a few weekends ago and was asked about any new disc to fill in any holes of the MVP/Axiom lineup. He stated their looking at filling in between a Hex and Pyro for woods play. He doesn't feel like the Matrix fits that roll in the woods. I threw a Proton Matrix for a few months before it was replaced by my Prism Plasma Pyro 18 months ago. The majority of the courses I play are in the woods, and my Pyro does just fine, see what MVP/Axiom is able to produce.[/COLOR]

Simon also mentioned a straighter Crave. My Plasma Crave 167g LHBH is left center with an ending fade or just straight in. But, if they come up with a straighter disc, okay.

Just to be clear, what I meant by that (I can't speak for Simon), is I would love a disc just like the Crave, effortless, easy distance, not a huge fade, but with a true 0 HSS.

Simon also mentioned a straighter Crave. My Plasma Crave 167g LHBH is left center with an ending fade or just straight in. But, if they come up with a straighter disc, okay.
That one is the worse for me right now.

I got a solitude fission and its SOO good. It would just go 300 then hookup. I love that flight. just flat, no flip, no turn, no nothing, hit the finish then FINISH.

can't find another crave that will do it. even the high PLH ones I have are like "nah, were flipping a bit bro."

I don't think the servo is going to do it either.

The crave is so good, but he wants about what I want. I dont wanna back down on the crave sometimes, but I want the crave reliability and sneaky distance, but I wanna pop it, not have to back off on it.

Haha bonus points for Canadian content there baiy. Haha bought at least a half dozen off that guy before, oh well, a 163 virus will be OK. Just not the find of the year Haha. I was thinking a virus with a mis stamped rim...

Guess that proves Sheep right!
With the embossing IN the overmold mold, it's hard to "miss stamp them"

The only time there isn't anything on the rim is on the initial rim prototyping. No reason to put that extra CNC work in for a mold that might go in the fuck it bucket.

Proton is right, Plasma is left, if the Hokom isn't straight when you pop it, then I'm missing something.
Dont worry, you're missing something.

I have no idea what your proton right and plasma left is about though.

Just to be clear, what I meant by that (I can't speak for Simon), is I would love a disc just like the Crave, effortless, easy distance, not a huge fade, but with a true 0 HSS.
Yep.
You smack it,
It go straight, it's not trying to push over on you. Sometimes you wanna hit a line and you get pimped cause that sucker is slidin.

Yep.
You smack it,
It go straight, it's not trying to push over on you. Sometimes you wanna hit a line and you get pimped cause that sucker is slidin.
Lol, I would have thought to use those words to describe it, but yep.

You are right on your earlier post, the Servo does not solve the situation. The Servo has a stronger fade but it's still not a true 0 HSS.

Like you, I occasionally find that one Crave or one Servo that when fresh won't slide on me. What makes it worse is, my favorite plastic is Proton.

Lol, I would have thought to use those words to describe it, but yep.

You are right on your earlier post, the Servo does not solve the situation. The Servo has a stronger fade but it's still not a true 0 HSS.

Like you, I occasionally find that one Crave or one Servo that when fresh won't slide on me. What makes it worse is, my favorite plastic is Proton.

If you have like some crazy deep understanding in disc golf, the numbers "can" make sense.
But the problem is.... Depending on your skill level and openness to actual listening and understanding.

Anyways. Yeah.
You get it. haha.

A lot of discs go "straight" which are like. -2/2's
It's a neutral style disc, but what that really means is that a slower speed, the disc will fly straight.

VS a disc that has proper high speed stability, or 0 turn.

I see some of the comments come into a not truly understanding of that. So, I'll wangjangle it out a bit more detailed.

Either way, the number system works in some format, but not all.

It's a -2 turn.
Okay, so is it a quick turn, late turn or slow turn?

Wait what?

Aerodynamics are crazy fascinating. People cannot even understand the whole "beat in" process on a disc.
You don't beat it understable.
You beat it turbulent.

This is why the reliance of "beat in" and "cycled" discs needs to be less of a thing. You cannot really truly ever beat in 2 discs the same.

It's like my OG fizzy tesla. Maaan that was my baby. It stayed at the same flight for months and months. Just laser beams 300-350 on forehands, then a nice reliable 2/3 fade at the end. It was marvelous. Then one day. It was flippy and couldn't rely on that high speed stable flight, it wanted to get crazy.

Fast forward to last year, I found its twin. Same run, same weight, same color, looks brand new. Absolutely brand new, but slight wear. I'm like "perfect, I'ma have this disc flight back."

That sucker is more flippy than my old one that looks like it's been through hell and back.
To preface this. The original tesla flies like a beat in insanity. It's actually a really good flight now I'm better at golf and controlling stuff, backhand, blah blah.

The new looking one flies like a virus.

"oh but sheep, you're forgetting that Fission plastic makes discs more understable"

Oh people, you're forgetting physics too.
And this STACK of fission tesla's here that say "YOURE WRONG"

I have had a fission tesla, same weight, same stuff as the original orange one in my bag for.. wait I lost that one.
Well, that one was in my bag for 3 years. trying to beat it in to fly straight like the orange one. 5grams heavier at 158, vs the other ones at 153.

It never in 3 years beat in. Ever.
Same flight from day one till I lost it.

The backup for that one is in my bag now. And... It flies the same as the one that was in my bag for 3 years. Overstable.

Were gonna have a ton of fun with the wind tunnel.

I finally got caught up on enough stuff that I can work on it on rainy days now.
Deck is tore out 100%. the planer is finally 100% working plus all my other toys.
And I need all of my workbench to build this thing, cause .. well, wind tunnels are huge.

But I'll be able to demonstrate turbulant flight to people and why discs flip.

There have been some wind tunnel stuff, but it was all paper stuff, blah blah, unless you're just an outright nerd, you'll look at the 140 page document and go "meh"

Tried any of the black R2 craves? They are pretty sweet!
I haven't tried the black R2 Craves.

I don't see colors well, I see a lot of gray, so I typically throw only blues & yellows, the two colors I see well.

I'm afraid a black Crave would likely be a one and done for me, even in an open field.

I haven't tried the black R2 Craves.

I don't see colors well, I see a lot of gray, so I typically throw only blues & yellows, the two colors I see well.

I'm afraid a black Crave would likely be a one and done for me, even in an open field.
Nah that makes sense. They are hard to see for me too.

"oh but sheep, you're forgetting that Fission plastic makes discs more understable"
It's possible that I am just a very competent placebo inventor, but...

I feel like Fission discs are the real deal as far as being genuinely different. My Fission discs (and I have had a lot of them) are basically always more 'stable'. They aren't wildly flippy or beefy.

But, they ARE light and I feel like you get a lot of the benefit of lightweight discs without paying the major penalties for it.

Donno.

It's possible that I am just a very competent placebo inventor, but...

I feel like Fission discs are the real deal as far as being genuinely different. My Fission discs (and I have had a lot of them) are basically always more 'stable'. They aren't wildly flippy or beefy.

But, they ARE light and I feel like you get a lot of the benefit of lightweight discs without paying the major penalties for it.

Donno.
Yeah, the flight difference on standard gyro is like 7 grams.
It's close to 15 grams on fission.

So, its nice to throw 160gram discs but get 175gram flights.

Yeah, the flight difference on standard gyro is like 7 grams.
It's close to 15 grams on fission.

So, its nice to throw 160gram discs but get 175gram flights.
Yep. Exactly :) I have some all the way down at 145 lol. Those aren't my true bombers but they are useful as heck.

Yep. Exactly :) I have some all the way down at 145 lol. Those aren't my true bombers but they are useful as heck.
oh you could get into the high 120's and 130's too.

I tried a 130 tesla.
lawl.
That .. uh.
i was hoping it would be fun and easy.
it was so light i coudln't throw it.

Kimberly Granolidaadhasdfhaewhatever her name is loves the really light 130-140 stuff.

oh you could get into the high 120's and 130's too.

I tried a 130 tesla.
lawl.
That .. uh.
i was hoping it would be fun and easy.
it was so light i coudln't throw it.

Kimberly Granolidaadhasdfhaewhatever her name is loves the really light 130-140 stuff.
Giannola

She's weird anyways.
So. I wasn't upset about not spelling it right.

Wasn't the most pleasant person I've ever met on the disc golf course.
She might have been overwhelemed at gyropalooza though. so.
I'll give her a break i guess.

She's weird anyways.
So. I wasn't upset about not spelling it right.

Wasn't the most pleasant person I've ever met on the disc golf course.
She might have been overwhelemed at gyropalooza though. so.
I'll give her a break i guess.
You know she's on these forums, right?

She always seemed like a good person, to me...

Yeah Kimberly has always been decent the few times she's on here. Definitely been a drop in Pro visits to this thread over last couple of years, haven't seen much from Nova P for a while.

Kinda looking forward to the lighter weight virus I acquired, I think my other one is 172, be fun to run it against the insanity and rhythm and see if there's a hole to fill. I was enjoying it and the R2 signal but then ya know the rhythm. I've been keeping an eye out for a used 170ish fission rhythm, all this fission talk. I thought I had one but maybe not, i couldnt find it, might be time to organize again haha. Maybe I can also find that trance as trade bait.

A much older friend of mine just slays it with a 135g tesla, and a 20yr old leopard and pole cat.

Latest posts