• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Wow that's some strong claims @Sheep I think with Simons marketing clout even an average putter could be a top seller. I know Chance was stocking up after getting the proto runs he was planning on switching to the pixel for the last tournament. The one that delayed my shipment. Haha I'll be throwing one next week.

Took the Pixels to the course today. Don't think they're staying in the bag. They fly nice,when they release nice, but they just don't fit my hand as cleanly as the Spin. They're also not as versatile as the Spin or the Watt, or the combination thereof. Maybe in a premium plastic, or significantly beat in, but tournament season is starting. It's gonna be mid year before either...

Enough of this Pixel talk.

Channelling Brodie and Ezra, today was "it's always an Octane" or "it's also an Octane" when the second one came out. A friend gifted a lab second and I'm thoroughly enjoying. I don't have the arm to push it for distance, but as a stable FH and overstable BH driver, it's kinda killer. I have turned it over a couple times on FH, but I'm getting familiar quickly.

Points to the Drift as well for being a solid secondary/escape disc. I've lost my touch with the Resistors (one stable, one flippy) of late and haven't cycled a new Plasma Crave into the bag yet, so the Drift ended up taking all the slow fairway reps today (and admirably).

One thing that surprised me in my round yesterday was how well my 172 g neutron wave stood up to the wind. I had turned over a lightweight fission photon in the same wind, and on the next hole the wave stood up to probably at 25 to 30 mph constant headwind. Just a gentle flip, a straight flight, and decent fade. Not what I expected given how flippy the lightweight ones I have are...

Got a Pixel at a tournament this weekend and if you say you like the feel for putting…I think you are lying lol.

Got a Pixel at a tournament this weekend and if you say you like the feel for putting…I think you are lying lol.
I still don't totally hate it, but it's definitely round enough on front that it forces me to use a hand position that is decidedly different than what I've become used to.

I like the FLIGHT and don't mind the feel. There's a difference!
Giant difference, and throwing it I do think it flies well. That sloped top is probably a dealbreaker for me combined with the depth.

Giant difference, and throwing it I do think it flies well. That sloped top is probably a dealbreaker for me combined with the depth.
It's a good thing we have so many different putters available since people's hands are different. I expected to really not like the feel, having hated P2's, but the Pixels really feel great to me. The added bonus of the flight fitting my game almost perfectly makes this easily one of my most unexpected favorite releases from MVP.

Disappointed that the Detour is not in this month's release. I guess I could always use more Craves, but I've sworn to myself that my next purchase will be a stock release Detour...

Same. Was hoping to see Trance or Tempo get a stock run. I suppose after today's newsletter, that is a lot of their drivers covered in one release. it would be cool to have a month that just mass releases all the discs that haven't had stock runs. Though it probably makes more sense for them to slow-drip those sorts of releases, unfortunately.

It's a good thing we have so many different putters available since people's hands are different. I expected to really not like the feel, having hated P2's, but the Pixels really feel great to me. The added bonus of the flight fitting my game almost perfectly makes this easily one of my most unexpected favorite releases from MVP.

Same. Was hoping to see Trance or Tempo get a stock run. I suppose after today's newsletter, that is a lot of their drivers covered in one release. it would be cool to have a month that just mass releases all the discs that haven't had stock runs. Though it probably makes more sense for them to slow-drip those sorts of releases, unfortunately.
You must be one of the famed round finger people lol. Glad you are digging it.

You must be one of the famed round finger people lol. Glad you are digging it.
...you are kidding me right now... is that seriously a thing? What are round fingers?? like, rounded at the tip when looking from the top? Or rounded as the pad goes to the tip when looking from the side? :ROFLMAO: Is this really a thing that people judge putters by?

...you are kidding me right now... is that seriously a thing? What are round fingers?? like, rounded at the tip when looking from the top? Or rounded as the pad goes to the tip when looking from the side? :ROFLMAO: Is this really a thing that people judge putters by?
It's a long time DGCR joke about square fingers vs round fingers

It's a lot to explain but if you search it you will find it lol

It's a long time DGCR joke about square fingers vs round fingers

It's a lot to explain but if you search it you will find it lol
lol I didn't realize it was such a thing. Turns out I have round fingers but I didn't know. So the Pixel, you are saying, is round finger friendly?

I'd guess it's from people who find the underside of the Spin/Anode(?)/Ion to be weird, because it's really rounded, as opposed to every other putter where it's basically flat...

lol I didn't realize it was such a thing. Turns out I have round fingers but I didn't know. So the Pixel, you are saying, is round finger friendly?
lol I guess so! People who like shallower beadless putters seem to fall into the square finger category and the anode/ion people etc round finger.

Disappointed that the Detour is not in this month's release. I guess I could always use more Craves, but I've sworn to myself that my next purchase will be a stock release Detour...

OTB is accepting pre-orders with delivery around April 5th. No pre-order for me. I would like the max weight on the Eclipse Crave before i order online, and the Pitch, just like the Pixel can wait until I can grip it at PIAS.

OTB is accepting pre-orders with delivery around April 5th. No pre-order for me. I would like the max weight on the Eclipse Crave before i order online, and the Pitch, just like the Pixel can wait until I can grip it at PIAS.
I know a lot of people who are ecstatic about the eclipse crave. For me, this is an easy one to pass on the pre-order process. I am a little surprised with the Pitch and the parachute (still to come). The glitch is great and I know a lot of people love it and bag it. But I wonder if this is saturating the market or just trying to have a stranglehold over the 1 speed hybrid-catch disc market.

So the pitch is 1 7 -.5 0
Often during my round I say:
"Boy this glitch is too stable, I wish I had something more squirrely"

Oh well something for everyone I suppose. The glow crave will make a lot of folks happy.

I threw the new watt and detour for league on Sunday. The Watt is right between a glitch and electron envy, I love how it pushes straight rather than hyzering off as it runs out of juice, good for med long putts. I'm liking the detour it seems more of an S (or micro S) disc like the reactor but very straight, I can get it to turn a little and it fades a little. A little more turn than a premium comet and slow panning fade which gives it some extra distance potential. Performed well in some headwind, lots of elevator action but it stayed straight.

Got a few throws in on the soft pixel, it's a very "average disc", a little anhyzer and it rides straight under power, no extra glide, surprisingly stable in a clunky way with a panning fade, very solo mold traditional. IE it flies like a challenger. I see the spin putter appeal... my electron envy fades less but the pixel turns less and rides straighter with some anhyzer

Latest posts