• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Feedback Thread - We would love to hear from you.

To be fair I'm not as excited for the Pyro as you likely are.. I gave up on MVP making lighter yet OS mids a while ago and I don't need em. I use a 143 fission Photon for shameless and shamefully short distances to fill my OS mid slot. (As well as max distance)

To be fair I'm not as excited for the Pyro as you likely are.. I gave up on MVP making lighter yet OS mids a while ago and I don't need em. I use a 143 fission Photon for shameless and shamefully short distances to fill my OS mid slot. (As well as max distance)

im really not that excited and im def not going to buy one im just interested to see how they compare to a wasp

mvp makes some of the worst mids in the game

ThrowaEnvy ... speed 11 Photon to replace midrange? thats like using .308 when all you needed was .22 :D

Envy is over-stable, its not super beefy but it handles power and can easily be used like a midrange for the straight to fade slot plus its easy to forehand. what about the resistor, speed 6.5 and its def OS and forehands great. I dont even see the need for midranges anymore, if you need straight a putter is better, if you need the lateral movements then a lower speed fairway will give you even more than a midrange plus they both forehand better than any midrange i have ever used.. handle wind better, etc

Also i notice more and more Pros adapting this approach, go look at footage from Las Vegas Challenge posted yesterday for the shorter holes around 250-350 the majority were throwing a putter or a fairway driver.. some guys still using a midrange but its a minority more and more... im not saying this is why you should do it, i do it for my own reasons. Just interesting.

ThrowaEnvy ... speed 11 Photon to replace midrange? thats like using .308 when all you needed was .22 :D

Envy is over-stable, its not super beefy but it handles power and can easily be used like a midrange for the straight to fade slot plus its easy to forehand. what about the resistor, speed 6.5 and its def OS and forehands great. I dont even see the need for midranges anymore, if you need straight a putter is better, if you need the lateral movements then a lower speed fairway will give you even more than a midrange plus they both forehand better than any midrange i have ever used.. handle wind better, etc.

.22 are fun for kids and cheap ammo.. I'm more of a lever action 30/30 myself.. Giddyup!

As my putter ability increases my mid use is declining but I will always pack at least one, many years of playing when I was younger have helped (?) me to use discs inappropriate for the range. I suppose this is light trolling haha..

I know it's overkill, I know it's shamelessly inappropriate... but what can I say that 143 Photon is something that just worked out :). I used to try and work out flick 150's and blizzard Boss's and FB's for trick shots etc but they were too harsh. It's ridiculously light and reasonably stable, it could be better in the wind but I still want to continue exploring the mold.

I'm getting done with discing down. I do have a Resistor I'm working on... but the Crave is doing the job there right now, I'm a much better BH player than FH..and the Photon is in the sweet spot for both I'm also weak OH and it fills that too.

It also helps that I won Masters on Cortes and tied the Open score playing with it... lots of uphill drives and tight teepad.. It doesn't hurt I banged an Ace and almost got it again on my second round same hole. So there's some good mojo there. I never would have bought it, it was a add on in trade for some Comets..

Last edited:
hey man keep doing what works for you. i saw top pros yesterday throwing off the tee on a 275'ish and some will throw a fairway, the others a midrange and a few will throw a putter on the same hole and they are all competing at the same high level.

i do think simplifying a bag so you can get more consistent with less molds is the most important thing anyone can do, that is something i find generally consistent among good players.. they have a couple molds that they really rely on for majority of their game. (not to say they dont carry a bunch of molds, they just dont use them all haha)

Last edited:
Seriously - What would you want more of?
Less of?

Plasma Vectors!Plasma Vectors!Plasma Vectors!Plasma Vectors!Plasma Vectors!

I just want to say...I'm slowly going more and more GYRO. When I bought an Eclipse Volt I was surprised that I could throw it as far as all my drivers. Then I picked up an Plasma Insanity and was shocked to find a new level of distance. But then, I bought a 175 Plasma Wave and now I am getting more distance, consistently, than I ever have before.

I'm not even going to bring up how much I love my Firm Electron Envy/Plasma Proxy combo.

I just want to say...I'm slowly going more and more GYRO. When I bought an Eclipse Volt I was surprised that I could throw it as far as all my drivers. Then I picked up an Plasma Insanity and was shocked to find a new level of distance. But then, I bought a 175 Plasma Wave and now I am getting more distance, consistently, than I ever have before.

I'm not even going to bring up how much I love my Firm Electron Envy/Plasma Proxy combo.

you break 300 yet

Assuming anyone at MVP actually checks this thread once in a while, I'd love to see a Plasma Vanish. Frankly, I don't understand why they don't produce a Plasma version of all their flippy molds.

Who wants flat flippy discs? Puppy kickers, that's who.

Who wants domey flippy discs? Awesome people do.

So don't be puppy kickers, MVP. Start making all your understable molds in Plasma. And if not all, then at least give me one run of Plasma Vanishes.

I have a board flat plasma Inertia that's kinda flippy and I kinda love it. Please keep making them flat for me.

True story, stopped by my local shop today and they have a labradoodle puppy, probably 5 months old. She was sitting politely at the door so I asked if they wanted me to take her out to pee, dude said sure if I wanted to. After 3 trips chasing her around the building I finally had to carry her back inside. I didn't kick her one time.

I have a board flat plasma Inertia that's kinda flippy and I kinda love it. Please keep making them flat for me.
I didn't kick her one time.

I don't believe you. These statements cannot both be true.