• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My best putter is ...

Try the MVP putters, they are both good, i find the Ion to be better for me because i like slightly more stable putters,but the MVP Anode is a great option for neutral which is what you might like.

I have thrown Aviars, Magnets, Challengers, Wizards, and i like the Ion and Wizard the most

Oh boy, another putter thread.

Here we go again...

XD_DX_Standard-1.jpg

I agree completely with BigSky on the whatever works, however... If you ever play on a really windy course you would probably prefer like a rhyno or even a kc pro aviar. Just saying... Putters are putters and it's all personal preference, but some perform better than others in certain conditions. My fave right now is a SS Wizard. I have two of them max weight (~178g) that I use for almost everything 100' in.

Just an FYI, your wizards would then be illegal. Max legal weight on them is 174. Of course somebody enforcing that on you is highly unlikly, just don't boast about it to people on your card :D

I like Soft Wizards. Almost everything 200' and closer I'll throw a Wizard.

My best putter is my soft magnet. I use 2, a 168g and a 174g. The 168 is for everyday putting and approach. It flies perfectly straight with absolutely no fade at the end. Perfect for 200' and in. Not much glide so no fear of over shooting the approach. The 174g is perfect for windy putts, especially headwinds. Instead of rising uncontrollably into the wind, it simply glides for longer. Both are tacky enough to grab the chains, soft enough to never roll away, and firm enough to feel good for high pressure approach shots.

No worries man I pitted with a cro for a long time and it did me well

Found a beat up aviar today - also scored a Opto Pure on ebay; gonna play some putter only rounds sometime soon.

Really depends.

I love my aviars (P&A and RPro) w/ no wind however when when the wind is high I break out the heavy as hell clunker shark.

Soft Magnet, Wizards.
I really like the Yeti and JK Aviar though. Those are in my bag now. Ive been more consistent with those than with other putters. I go with the yeti when its warm, JK when its cold.

I just picked up a couple rhynos from my local shop. Really liked how they felt so Im looking forward to seeing how they hold up against my yeti.

In the approach department my dart and wizard are king. I drive with them all the time. My dart holds a nasty anhyzer or gradual hyz

Putting and off the tee, a Pure for me!

For OS and forehand approach, the Zone is bad to the bone!

Same exact set-up I have. Opto for driving and approaching, EZE for putts inside around 50', and an ESP Zone for the crazy shots.

I used to use a Pro-D Buzzz for the OP's same reason, I couldn't get used to the deeper rims of putters. I had no power, no snap. Even 10 foot putts came out all wobbly and half-assed when I first started. It took the Buzzz to get me comfortable with my putting, then the confidence to move on to other putters. The Wizard was my go-to for awhile but I still had the same issues as before, just as a further range.

I actually picked up a Pure in the MIDDLE of a tournament. Was having a miserable day and was just messing around with a bin of discs a guy brought to sell on lunch break. It was a TM2 Pure. As soon as I put it in my hand (tee-hee) I knew I loved it. Actually shot 5 strokes better in the afternoon round. Everyone is different, and I'd never tell someone the Pure is "better" than their Aviar, or Focus, or Challenger. But for me, it's all Pure.

i play with only innova and discraft but i have full sets of both companies and i keep them seperate, it makes me feel more like its not about the discs but about the player. i digress, for innova i really like the yeti pro aviar its so nice and grippy even on really cold days (from minnesota) it stays on the line i put it on and it doesnt have alot of fade. for discraft i really like the magnet i like the regular magnet but since its winter i've really been enjoying using soft magnets that are barely gummy and still feel very stiff

Soft Magnet, Wizards.
I really like the Yeti and JK Aviar though. Those are in my bag now. Ive been more consistent with those than with other putters. I go with the yeti when its warm, JK when its cold.

I just picked up a couple rhynos from my local shop. Really liked how they felt so Im looking forward to seeing how they hold up against my yeti.

I hadn't really thought about changing putters with the weather, but the temp variance isn't that big in So Cal. :\

I keep my champ rhyno around for windy days, or courses with a lot of trees. You'll find that it has much more fade than the Yeti aviar which is useful for going around trees and such.

I like my S line P2 for about fifty in, and a Mercy for longer approaches...I have a Warlock, but I've never liked it as well as the other two.