• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need feed back on Grip bag

johnabsher87

I'm going to break down and get a bag from Grip, but I need a little feed back from someone who has some hands on with them.

Hiw many discs will it hold, for a normal disc golfer who carries about an equal about of mids and putters combined as drivers?

Have they fully fixed the rip problem they had before?

And any other information on the bag either positive or negative would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Rollin

I have two. There was a little tear in the first one. I imagine they will carry about 18 or 20 discs. I don't stuff mine. I carry 2 putters, 2 Zones and a meteor which are the thickest discs I carry.

Ive had mine for a couple months now and Im loving the thing. I have in the main compartment 6 rocs, 1 gator, 2 putters, and 9 drivers. then 2 drivers in the top.

Thanks guys that's what I needed, ordering mine now, they r out of the black so imma go with the grey and black which I actually like more cause less people have it. And hey Horsmanm which panda r u, its Rollin I worked the bg ams with you'll I think Saturday at Preston...I'm also the one that gave a couple of u a place to show last year at the madisonville open.

I carry four putters in the quiver (3 IONs and a basic JOKERi), 4 mids and 15 drivers (4 of which are strictly backups and don't see use if I don't lose discs during a round) in the main compartment (so 23 discs) and could also fit a disc in the mesh pocket under the main compartment and two drivers into the flap.

There's plenty of room for discs, the bag has held up fantastically and feels great on my back, but the only thing I wish is that there'd be a bit more space for other stuff. The side pockets are a bit too small for my preference.

Last edited:
Got a question of my own about the bags...do they have a lifetime warranty, or at least a warranty in general against defects?
I'm torn between getting a Grip now, or waiting and getting the Prodiscus backpack.

Got a question of my own about the bags...do they have a lifetime warranty, or at least a warranty in general against defects?
I'm torn between getting a Grip now, or waiting and getting the Prodiscus backpack.

Yes they come with a lifetime warranty. I haven't had a single issue yet (purchased a second run). I've brought my bag out on almost every round since I got it back last September. The rain fly that came with mine initially was missing a button and Justin had some made and shipped me one for free. :thmbup:

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another product from Grip Eq in the future.

how are you guys fitting discs in the flap that covers the discs? thers no way a driver can fit in ther, let alone a putter, on mine. did they start making them differently? mines from the most recent batch

how are you guys fitting discs in the flap that covers the discs? thers no way a driver can fit in ther, let alone a putter, on mine. did they start making them differently? mines from the most recent batch

I have seen photos where people have a putter in that zipper pocket. I have one from the March 2012 sales. There is no way I could fit any type of disc in that location.:(

As far as feedback on a Grip bag, all I have to say is:
This thing has saved my game. After a back injury in late 2010 it was very hard for me to finish two rounds of eighteen in one day wearing my Innova diamond deluxe and quads. I would have to put on my back brace for the second round. With the Grip bag I am able to carry more and play more. I have not had to use the back brace for a month now.:clap:

I have a second run and any small diameter driver fits there (so just about anything from Lat or Westside is out of question). It's tight the first time, and the mouth of the pocket is indeed tight even afterwards, but once it gets through that it fits very nicely.

Admittedly I did stretch my bag out a bit when I got it, stuffed it full of things to get rid of the slack in the stitches, including keeping a disc in the mouth of that pocket for a week. Made it much easier.

So should I pull the trigger and get a grip, or wait and see what the prodiscus bag is like?

Don't go prodiscus, the quality is not as good and the look and feel are no where near the grip bag, the only up side to the bag is that it is bigger and that is it. If you break then ur screwed. Grip is the 100% way to go, it holds a perfect amount of discs, its comfy, its got a lifetime warranty and it looks awesome.

Just buy a damn Grip. You won't be disappointment. No one will be able to provide you with any different information that what has already been said about the bag. Here are some of my responses to the most common questions regarding Grip bags.

"Has there been any issues with tearing?"
Yes, the 1st run of bags had an issue with tearing and the company replaced anyone who had an issue with them. The 2nd run bag has no major issues reported yet and has worked flawlessly for me the last 8 months.

"How many discs does it hold?"
Depends on what you throw... You can fit 2 putters comfortable in the putter pocket, but will fit 3. The main compartment will hold anywhere from 16-22 discs depending on your high speed/ low speed ratio.

"How does it feel on your back?"
It feels like you are not carrying a bag full of discs and water. Seriously, this thing takes a TON of stress off of your body during long rounds. Adjust it to sit higher up on your back and you feel perfectly balanced when walking. I did 6 months of PT for my back a couple years ago and I can't believe how much weight I can hold in my back without causing any problems.

"I've heard they are IMPOSSIBLE to sit down on the ground without falling over."
Then you're an idiot. Turn the bag parallel to the slope of the hill and it won't go anywhere. They have even fixed the "issue" in the newest of new runs by pushing the supports further apart on the bottom.

"Are these bags really waterproof?"
Yes, the rain cover that is included lets no water into the bag at all.

"Are you able to attach an umbrella or chair to the bag?"
Yes, you can slide them in on the side and they are snug and easy to remove during a round.

"How much storage room is there?"
You can fit a full size hoodie, golf towel, phonekeywallet, two 32oz Nalgenes or 40z beers, snacks, tape/lights, scorecards, pencils, garden seeds, sharpies, bag tags, socks.... blah blah blah

GRIP EQ is the bomb. Enough said.