• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Need some advice here on disc!

JDalhoff

So I was wondering what is the best
1.driver and type of plastic
2.Midrange and type of plastic
3.putter and type of plastic
Idc what the price is or what I just want to know what are the 2 best disc in each of those category's! I've read countless reviews and searched and I'm just confused on what is really the best!

That is up for debate. If anyone says there is a "best" disc whether its a putter, mid or driver they are only saying what is the best for THEM not everyone. Find what works for you.

You sound like a beginner (no offense meant if you are not new to the game) and I know these forums can be super dense and overwhelming at first. But just like DiscinFiend said, there are enough options in todays game for everyone to find a disc that is comfortable for them. Try a lot, and buy a lot of basic plastic at first or this sport/hobby will get real expensive, real quick.

In the meantime, here's a good, non-forum place to start:
http://infinitediscs.com/category/best-discs/

So I was wondering what is the best
1.driver and type of plastic
2.Midrange and type of plastic
3.putter and type of plastic
Idc what the price is or what I just want to know what are the 2 best disc in each of those category's! I've read countless reviews and searched and I'm just confused on what is really the best!

Avery Jenkins can help you out with that, just check SpinTV right after the European Open finishes ;)

...sorry shameless plug.

There is no best type. That's basically why this whole forum exists, for us to argue over it. That's also half the fun of disc golf, try new discs until you find what works for ya!

If there was only one best, then there wouldn't be hundreds of other discs. You're going to get tons of different opinions, and some of those discs might not even be good for beginners. And pretty much everyone is gonna tell you about the discs they like. It won't make it any more clear for you. It's like asking what the greatest song of all time is. You're gonna get a lot of answers.

Need more info
how long have you been playing?
what is your throwing style?
How big/old are you?
How far can you throw the discs you have now?
What are those discs?

Yea, that is like saying what is the best car. Best for what. I've been playing for about a month and am at a point where my throws are just now getting consistent enough to notice differences in discs.

Every course now has a hole where I say, I wish I had a disc that does THAT.

I purchases a Wolf last week, then there are sidearm disc with certain charastics I want.

If you are beginning THIS beginner say. Buy a Avery P&G putter, a Shark or Buzzz mid range and a Leopard fairway driver,in the 160s for weight, all good for newbies. THEN, start collecting

Definitely work with what will best suit you, but there are reasons why DX Aviars, Sharks and Leopards are sold as "beginner packs". They are among the top discs for beginners to use and learn to throw well with.

go to a shop and pick up the discs and feel them and see which ones feel good to you(esp putters) then go to a field and throw them every day you can to get a feel for how they fly! i spent 1.5 months field throwing, then went to the course, i still do field throwing when i get a new disc. i am finding out that disc golf is about what the individual likes, its going to differ from person to person as each of us throw a little different, so what works great for me will not necessarily work for you.

Latest posts