• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

and although its technically not California, Reno/Tahoe DG's newest course just over the border
Reno: South Valley Regional Sports Complex. 9 Hole Recreational that's just gone in.

Beaumont California will be pulling that course soon and relocating baskets to another park being built in a new community.

New course in Beaumont, CA is officially in. Nicklaus disc golf park

Attachments

• park.jpg
    park.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 28
Folsom's BT Collins Course

Just finished putting in the tee signs and forming tees at B.T. Collins today. Its supposed to rain here the next couple of days so hopefully will be able to get baskets in sometime next week.

Just finished putting in the tee signs and forming tees at B.T. Collins today. Its supposed to rain here the next couple of days so hopefully will be able to get baskets in sometime next week.

Wow. I still cant believe i and the rest of the community of discers in the area get to say that there is a course in Folsom. I remember a few years back okay 10 years thinking that there will never ever be a official course in Folsom. Glad to be wrong.

Thank you to all that got this going and installed. :clap: :thmbup:

is this course playable or will it be by Friday/Saturday???

Not quite ready...

I tried to send a different message but it doesnt look like it got through to Lion. This is Sharon (jasonandsharon). I am on the board of the Folsom Disc Golf Club. We found out Friday that we are required to put grounding rods in for the baskets that will be under power lines.

It is interesting finding data to install them..even building inspectors chuckled at this requirement. Anyway, baskets will be installed after grounding rods and park and recs paints the parking spaces. Stay tuned, love to have you come play.
Regards, Sharon

PS-Looking for some assist on our logo... anyone know someone that knows someone? Trying to manage costs as the club is footing the bill for the course with help from donations and hole sponsors.

... We found out Friday that we are required to put grounding rods in for the baskets that will be under power lines.

It is interesting finding data to install them..even building inspectors chuckled at this requirement. Anyway, baskets will be installed after grounding rods and park and recs paints the parking spaces. Stay tuned, love to have you come play....

I am curious, why the grounding rods? I am guessing that it is so that someone touching the basket does not open a path for power to arc from the lines to the basket, and then to ground. But it seems a possibility that by grounding the baskets it would make it so that the baskets would always have a charge running through them.... :confused:

I am curious, why the grounding rods? I am guessing that it is so that someone touching the basket does not open a path for power to arc from the lines to the basket, and then to ground. But it seems a possibility that by grounding the baskets it would make it so that the baskets would always have a charge running through them.... :confused:

Hmm. Hard to see how a basket would not be grounded. I know I've felt a charge touching baskets that are under power lines, but I assumed that was because the basket was grounded.

Grounding Disc Golf Baskets is definitely a new one on me. It is possible for metal to develop an electrical charge in a high voltage area and power companies will sometimes require grounding of chainlink fences and metal trellises under lines, but this is a first time I've ever been asked to ground disc golf baskets. It is obviously an expense, a several hundred dollars expense, we hadn't really budgeted for but what can you do.
In course design: "Parks and Recs are always right, no matter how wrong they are, they're right"

In the continuing vein of frustration that is course installation, parks and recs after two months of stalling finally started painting the new parking lot, and apparently their striping machine ceased working, so were on delay with work until they can get their machine fixed. We have the outline of a parking lot at the moment. The tee boxes are done, the sleeve boxes are done we just can't do the sleeves or grounding until they finish the parking lot. They did say the rules signs and warning signs came back from the printers and looked good. So on and on and on we go. Is it too late to put this course back on the head banging list.

In other news of development: people having better luck than me apparently, there are some new course developments.
Seaside: Disc Golf Park donated a new 9 hole course to Seaside High School in Seaside. Located between the high school and the adult continuation school it is a tight and technical course with elevation changes. Because it's a school it has limited playing times weekends and afternoons when school is not in session.
Santa Cruz: The Delaveague Golf Club, ball golf not disc, now has 18 holes on their ball golf course. This is the layout that was used during this years Masters Cup and is just down the park road from the Dela DGC. Its got extremely limited availability right now Wednesday and Sunday after 1:30p.m. Its $15 to play with another $15 for a cart. Tee times needed.

And finally the Silicon Valley Disc Golf Club is working toward a new course in Cupertino. at Stevens Creek County Park

The east bay peeps are looking to add a dualie at Chabot golf course.

Also, permanent tees going in this month at Emerald Hills. Woot!

And the Orland Disc Golf Club is putting the final touches on a new course in Elk Creek at the Pines Group Site at Stony Gorge Reservoir. Should hopefully be open for Christmas. This should be a great world class course comparable with the course at Black Butte.

wow looking forward to trying all of these new courses around here!

I'm excited to see BT Collins. Are concrete tee pads part of the final plan? Will/are there multiple pin placements? I might be moving to the Folsom area in the near future.