• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course in Morton, il.

Megiddo24

We have a new course coming to Morton. Megiddo at Westwood Park. Just started clearing at the end of July and already had first doubles fundraiser tourney in Oct. The course is hilly with a creek coming into play on 8 holes. It is entirely in the woods except the first half of 2 holes. 4 bridges have been built so far with 3 older bridges that are used as well. Morton Park District bought the Mach Vs orange powder coated baskets. There will be 2 concrete pads on most holes to start and hopefully a third set in the near future. Hoping to get the pads poured next spring along with the baskets permanently installed. You don't feel like you are in central Illinois while playing here. A lot of work needs to be done still but we have a great start. It is 5 minutes away from Northwoods and 15 minutes from McNaughton (McNasty). Hopefully, have it ready for the Ledgestone Insurance A-tier in 2014. Might be played in 2015 when a National tournament will be held in the area.

We have a new course coming to Morton. Megiddo at Westwood Park. Just started clearing at the end of July and already had first doubles fundraiser tourney in Oct. The course is hilly with a creek coming into play on 8 holes. It is entirely in the woods except the first half of 2 holes. 4 bridges have been built so far with 3 older bridges that are used as well. Morton Park District bought the Mach Vs orange powder coated baskets. There will be 2 concrete pads on most holes to start and hopefully a third set in the near future. Hoping to get the pads poured next spring along with the baskets permanently installed. You don't feel like you are in central Illinois while playing here. A lot of work needs to be done still but we have a great start. It is 5 minutes away from Northwoods and 15 minutes from McNaughton (McNasty). Hopefully, have it ready for the Ledgestone Insurance A-tier in 2014. Might be played in 2015 when a National tournament will be held in the area.

I am so excited to come and see this in the spring when I come to visit my family:)

So is the course up and ready to be played or is it still under construction

I don't have the baskets in at the moment. We are figuring out ways to theft proof them a little more. Tee pads are dirt at the moment as well, being we just started less than 4 months ago. We are hoping to have a big triples tourney in the spring and it will be part of the Ledgestone A-Tier tourney in September. hopefully, part of the NT in 2015 if I get enough completed. Still rough around the edges but coming along. Megiddo at Westwood is a page on Facebook you can check out a few pictures and updates if interested.

Good to hear! :thmbup:

We should have a lot more done by the spring. Come and try it out. Hopefully baskets will be set when you come.

We should have a lot more done by the spring. Come and try it out. Hopefully baskets will be set when you come.

I will post to the page when I am coming. May wait a little closer to the A tier maybe even play that tourney if I can swing it!

Feedback

Looking for feedback on a fundraising page we set up. The wording was done by a non disc golfer so keep that in mind. He is in charge of the Foundation and is helping with funding so I let him write words like *Championship* cause he feels it will get more $ from the community. Does $500 for hole sponsorship seem reasonable. Already have a few interested. Have 4-5 tourneys already scheduled for the summer if we can get enough done in time. If you have ever built a course you know how hard it can be to get volunteers. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Criticism, sarcasm, etc... welcomed too. Some of you are very good at it :clap:

http://mortoncommunityfoundation.org/disc-golf/2014/1/23/morton-disc-golf-fund.html

Bump. Saw that this has a course page. What's the general consensus? And timetable for concrete teepads?

There's a triples tourney there this weekend, so we should get some feedback afterwards. Any DGCRs playing the Morton Triples on Saturday?

Hoping to get concrete pads in the next 2 months. Going to try and do all the shorts and some longs all in one day if possible. Going to take a lot of skid steers, power buggies, wheel barrows, and man power.
Unfortunately, volunteers have been lacking. Put baskets in last Saturday and I've seen more people in the last 5 days than I've had help since I started last July. Good feedback so far. As usual, some like to complain but never show up to help. Hope that helps a little.

I just saw the pictures that were uploaded. It looks phenomenal! Excellent work! I can't wait to check it out this summer!

If you come this summer wait till after June 7th. Hoping to get all the pads poured in one day if we get enough help. Had a triples tourney last Saturday that really helped beat down some trails better. Long way to go but it's coming. You can see more pics if you follow the course page under links/files.

Concrete pads are planned to go in on June 7th. Planning on pouring around 24 pads that day. 3 truckloads of concrete and skid steers, power buggies, wheelbarrows, and buckets will be used to get the crete to the pads. Course will be closed that day to let concrete harden. After that come over to Morton and play Northwood Park and Megiddo at Westwood Park. Less than 5 minutes from each other and are part of the Ledgestone A-Tier in September. Still a work in progress but can be an enjoyable round as is.

Poured 24 tee pads today with 3 concrete trucks. We had 7 skid steers, 2 power buggies, 4 wheel barrows, and around 40 people. Tees are 5' in front flaring to 7' in back 12' long. A couple short holes are only 10' long but same width. Started at 7:15 and got it in before the rain.

Poured 24 tee pads today with 3 concrete trucks. We had 7 skid steers, 2 power buggies, 4 wheel barrows, and around 40 people. Tees are 5' in front flaring to 7' in back 12' long. A couple short holes are only 10' long but same width. Started at 7:15 and got it in before the rain.

Been waiting to try the course til the pads got poured, now Ima play it

#3's tee pad has to wait to get poured due to park raising ground level. Still a lot of work to be done but very playable. Added pin placements, more long tees, and lines will be added when I can find more time and money. If any out of towners want a guide first time through we can try and hook you up.

This is exciting! I can't wait to check it out in the coming weeks and (hopefully) give you guys some praise. :)

Latest posts