• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course in the north georgia mountains!

mtanzy913

camp lighthouse disc golf course!
so recently my family has purchased 150 acres of land in jasper georgia. prior to this we had been praying for a way to start some sort of ministry. when we bought the land we had the idea of starting a camp. the camp is called camp light house and is going to have its first summer of campers the summer of 2013. it is going to be a non profit camp for kids who dont have the money or circumstances to go to a summer camp. my best friend suggested building a disc golf course and after a while we decided to do it and scrounged up the money for 9 baskets. im not sure where on the land we will be building but it will be awesome. i wanted to post to ask for advice on building/ designing courses. your input will be priceless and as soon as building starts i will post pictures!
*and if you would be interested in donating anything such as discs baskets or any other information it will be much appreciated!*

imgres
just these guys

Sounds great.
I would encourage you to PM Sadjo (he's a regular on this site).
I'm sure that his experience will help you alot.

Chattanooga Club

You should get in touch with the guys over in Chattanooga.

They have a good core group and have installed numerous courses around the North Ga / Tennesee area.

I second you needing to talk with Sadjo, he is a motivated man when it comes to helping install courses on private land in north GA.

I would talk to Wes Thomas, Matt Dollar, Nick Phillips, or Keith (Kay) Johnson for help on designing and planning. Those guys are the front runners of the North GA/Tenn area courses and really love to see the game grow. They all have large disc golf backgrounds and experience in designing great new courses.

I would talk to Wes Campbell, Matt Dollar, Nick Phillips, or Keith (Kay) Johnson for help on designing and planning. Those guys are the front runners of the North GA/Tenn area courses and really love to see the game grow. They all have large disc golf backgrounds and experience in designing great new courses.

... and John Ritger (jdawg24)

thanks so much and would any of you know of where i could get some donations or cheaper discs?

I'm guessing this is a Christian Camp, so I would go to local churches and ask for donations. And to get new cheap discs I would order offline for factory seconds or become a dealer. But to get cheap used discs I would go to local tournaments/doubles and speak for the cause and ask for any unused discs the locals have. They should gladly donate them to you.

Both Kieth Johnson and Matt Dollar are good folks to contact if they have the time. I did respond to your PM and I will be checking my calendar. All depends on time...do I have enough free weekends to get that way...and can I bring my family.

I will get you set up with inexpensive discs, if that's what you need.

Latest posts