• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New distance record WIIIIITHHH....

So...if Wiggins jr's throw holds up, that's 10k in innova reward bucks, right?

Was wondering why he wasn't on tour. Now...not so much wonder.

In 1977 Victor Malfronte threw a 117g Wham-O 40 Mold in a sanctioned Frisbee Event. According to several players that witnessed the throw, it was 20-40' high in the air at the 110 yard mark and the only throw that went beyond that mark that day.

The total distance with this 117g Wham-O by the way was 540'. Now that's some crazy distance.

So...if Wiggins jr's throw holds up, that's 10k in innova reward bucks, right?

Was wondering why he wasn't on tour. Now...not so much wonder.

Did Innova have a reward up? I know Discraft did, simply because an Innova disc was the current record holder (valk of course).

Posted by Dr. Wiggins on PDGA

dwiggmd said:
The weather was breezy and cool threatening rain, but not raining. Temp was high 50's to low 60's. wind was 10-20 mph with gusts to 25. We met at high noon at Whiskey Pete's and began throwing on the Roach Dry Lake Bed by 1 PM. We finished just shy of 5 PM. There were 2 world Records and 2 other personal bests.

Participants were as follows.

1. Buster Brown - best throw 51 meters (DNF due to knee injury)
2. Jeff Stoops - NEW WORLD RECORD - 186 meters wind 14.9 mph
3. Suzette Simmons - NEW PERSONAL BEST - 93 meters wind 18 mph.
4. Erin Hemmings - best throw 214 meters
5. Marc Jarvis - best throw 219 meters
6. John Hime - NEW PERSONAL BEST - 174 meters - wind 24 mph
7. David Wiggins Jr. NEW WORLD RECORD - 255 meters - wind14.5 mph

As of 10:00am Saturday morning, there is a steady light rainfall at the site. Unless things dry up before the end of today, there may not be much throwing today.

One of the recent youtube pro clinics Feldberg said Double G threw one about 950 in Barbados. See 2:20 mark

GG claims that he has thrown over 900 outside competition. So my guess is that there will be more to come :)

edit : damn, yeah, see above ^^

I can't believe Innova isn't making a bigger deal out of this already. A record that has been unbeaten for 10 years was broken with their new technology. Meh, they must be too busy making discs to put something on their webpage.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if GG threw 950. He can throw 700 just about at will and even does it in tournament play. Craziness.

Latest posts