• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Hyzerbomb Flak-X

10269448_492520397515819_2643653191668607346_n_zps29ea000b.jpg

I like how there are straps behind the main flap to secure a jacket/sweatshirt. Looks like a cool bag.

What's the button used for on the inner backing toward the bottom?

Anyone having any issues with their bag? Ive played 5 rounds with it and I had a button tear away from the side and it appears one of the straps is coming away from the back where it is attached up top. I have an email sent to inquire about getting a replacement already:/

Not what I want to hear as I like the look of this bag - but, if it isn't built to last and runs for $200. Hope this is a minor issue.

It's an awesome bag, just upsets me that I have issues with it this early on.

Well they say they're going to "repair" it. Doubt that as now it has torn from the top as well. Sucks cause I have to go back to my grip for approximately 2 weeks while they do so. I really like this bag and hope I just got a bad bag. I don't want to have to do this again

mine has cleared Canada customs and should be getting here by Monday at the latest. I hope your's was just a freak issue and that they are pretty durable for the most part. I got a solid three years out of my grip and now it's a beater. I hope to get at least 2-3 years out of a bag at this price range

I had a similar issue with my grip...lasted 8 holes before it started to fail. Atwater Taylor was super awesome and sent a new bag no questions asked that day! Didn't get that here but hopefully get as many years out of this as I did my grip when it gets repaired or replaced. Or I will go back to it totally.

My grip is however old as when it first came out minus 8 holes and a couple days transit and still is just fine lol

thanks for the input - I'm going to wait it out for the moment. I want to see how durable this bag is short-term. Hope that "repair" goes well.

I've had mine for a couple of weeks and have played a bunch of rounds with it. No durability issues here as everything is in great shape.

Alrighty then, update...Got my new bag today. By looking at it and the pics of my old one it appears that the strap is sewn different on this one which seems like it will be more sturdy. Im hoping that is the case!

Got my X when the pre-orders originally came in and it still looks great. Hopefully it continues to hold up well.

I like this bag, and I was wondering if anybody has it and knows how it holds up. It's going for 189 with a discount code plus free shipping from infinite discs. Thanks!

I like this bag, and I was wondering if anybody has it and knows how it holds up. It's going for 189 with a discount code plus free shipping from infinite discs. Thanks!

I've had mine about 2 months now and put about 10 rounds on it so far. As my first "backpack style" bag I REALLY like the flak x. Right now I have 23 discs in it. 2 putters up top, one putter in each side "sleeve", and 1 putter, 5 mids, 4 fairways and 9 drivers/ utility discs in the main compartment. Discs in every pocket are easy to grab and put right back into place. The top putter pocket can be stretched with a few discs crammed in there. I use the putter pocket all the way down and it allows me to grab either putter (lizards) extremely easily (also works well in the "up" position). The bag is extremely stable on any type of surface, and I have no doubt the materials will withstand quite a beating. I have no problem taking my sweatshirt off and stashing it above the main discs, or throwing a few adult beverages in the side pockets. Plenty of room for everything I need to carry including a mini, sportsack and other random items.

I am a 5 foot 3 115 pound male, thin and lanky. Would this bag be too wide for me? What are the dimensions?

Hey Ya'll,

Bumping this old thread because I'm trying to decide between FlakX and Flak4. I've had a Flak3 for three years and it's been great for the most part, but time to replace because of wear & tear. The 4 looks like the same basic layout as my 3 with some updates in construction, whereas the X has some different design elements in play.

A few questions about the FlakX:

Is the durability similar to the Flak3?
Earlier in this thread there were some early concerns about the quality of construction. If it's comparable to the 3 then I don't think I'll have any problems. Has anyone used this bag for multiple seasons?

Are there any external loops where I could clip a towel?
I like to have my towel outside the bag and accessible at all times. Looks like the bag tag holders in these reviews might work. http://dgunderground.com/2015/hyzerbomb-flakx-backpack-review/ Are there any other places where you could clip on a carabineer?

Do the side pouches sag?
I'm normally critical of bags that build storage out to the side (e.g. Mahal) because the parts outside the strap connection are unsupported on one side. They tend to droop on the outside and the bag winds up looking like a frowny face. I'm a big fan of the Flak side pockets (putter/mini/zipper pouch/drink pouch). However, they added a large compartment between the side pockets and the body, so I'm worried about sagging over time.

How does the bag hold the weight distribution relative to your body?
I didn't really think about this until I tried on an Octothorpe. Those bags hold the weight much closer to your body (compared with my Flak3) which really reduces stress and fatigue over the long haul. Can anyone comment on how the back and straps are structured, relative to the Flak3? Does it help to carry the weight in a more ergonomic fashion?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is familiar with this bag!

Latest posts