• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Hyzerbomb Flak-X

I've had my Flak X for just over a year now. Yesterday while playing a round, one of the straps snapped at the plastic connector. I was beyond angry. I will be replacing it with a grip bag and never recommending this bag to anyone. It's not like there was any additional weight added to the bag. I have 18 discs in the main compartment, 2 putters up top and a disc on each side. Very poorly constructed bag with a hefty price tag.

I've had my Flak X for just over a year now. Yesterday while playing a round, one of the straps snapped at the plastic connector. I was beyond angry. I will be replacing it with a grip bag and never recommending this bag to anyone. It's not like there was any additional weight added to the bag. I have 18 discs in the main compartment, 2 putters up top and a disc on each side. Very poorly constructed bag with a hefty price tag.

Have you tried contacting them? Hbomb has very good customer service. I would be surprised if they didn't offer to fix it or replace it for free. Every product has issues, there's going to be some that break down earlier than others. There's a year warranty, right? If you are still close to that they'll probably cover it. I'd at least see what they say.

Buy a Connector in metal if you can or at least buy a part that is not a Hyzerbomb part. At least sell it on eBay if you still have the bag but do not want it.

Last edited:
Probably too wide. People from behind would see a bag with legs.

Almost any bag with more storage you will see a bag with legs. Even the Innova Hero bags I would have this probem as a 5 foot 2 inches 110 pounds adult. The only ones I would not are a few new ones out one from Dynamic Discs with Odgen and the other with Discraft. The other one is no longer made, as a bad discs brand.