• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Logos

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
It's pretty obvious but I thought I'd post something to announce it anyway. You may have noticed the new site logo(s). If you don't see them, hit F5 to refresh your browser cache. There is a new logo up top and the place holder image has been replaced with a DGCR basket logo. The basket has a pencil as the center post which is supposed to represent reviews/the review process.

I think it looks a little UFOish or maybe it supposed to be a quest wildfire. It seems to me it should be swooshing toward the basket on the other side of the header though.

personally I really liked the basket and the bag on the ground.

Thanks for the input. The logo isn't really meant to blend in to the background header, it's just a stand-alone thing that I can use to represent the site. It's a little abstract as far as the disc goes but I thought it worked pretty well.

I like the basket/bag as well.. I'd like to be able to get a "cleaner" image of each. It may be something to shoot for in the future.

Hey guys,

I just replaced the header image on the site. If you guys don't see it, hit Ctrl-F5 to clear your cache so you get a fresh reload of the page. It has the same elements as the original header (basket and bag), just a bit nicer looking IMO.

Thanks :) It was done in Illustrator by a graphic artist and I went in and tweaked/rearranged afterwards to get it exactly how I want it.

Looks like it just missed.. typical with my game :D

Logo input

Tim,

I hope you don't mind less than positive feedback that's given to improve the site. On a positive note I like the yellow basket and the pine tree in the background. I also like the green swoosh.

Now some constructive criticism...
1) The bag has always looked to me like a box of crayons with a disc in front. When you see the multicolored discs edge on they look like crayons. That was just my first impression.
2) The disc does look like a UFO. It's edge is too thick and it appears to have a dome on top.

Sorry, but that's just how it seems to me. Most people may not even notice, though, and others won't agree.

No problem Lowe, I appreciate the input. The bag is quite a bit better than the old one.. I think it may be tough to draw a good bag or something. As for the disc, I noticed it's a bit thick but it's more of an abstract representation. Although I have a couple of putters with edges like that although no bump on top.

I think overall it is an improvement and it could use a bit of tweaking to make the disc look a little more driver like than putter-like.

Details about the bag

Tim,

If you haven't noticed by my course reviews, I'm very detail oriented. Sometimes it's a curse.

About the bag... a few suggestions-
-Make the discs inside all white and the putter in the front pocket red. Here in NC several players use only white discs, so there's some reality to that. The putter should be a different color than green to stand out from the grass background.
-Maybe don't show the discs in the bag at all. With most bags, such Gateway and Revolution you can't see the discs inside anyway. At most you'd see the very top. If you raise the side it will get rid of the "crayon" look.

The vast majority of people will know it's a bag of discs and not give it a second thought. To tell you the truth, I never looked at it too much until you brought this up, and now I'm obsessing over it. I think that I should quit here...

Well, I'll see what I can do about it when I get a chance.. I don't want you coming to the site and just staring at the bag the whole time :D

I actually have mostly white/yellow discs although there are a couple of blue ones in my bag as well so while the colors in the bag may not be typical, they're not too far off base.

My bag is full of almost all red and orange discs. maybe you could have the bag on the ground with a pair of quads laying behind it.

I personally like the look of the bag minus the stick of dynamite on the right side:eek:

I personally like the look of the bag minus the stick of dynamite on the right side:eek:

lol, I can remove that. I actually thought it'd look more bag like with a water bottle. I guess shrunk down it goes from water bottle to TNT :)

I could also remove the bag but some people have mentioned they like the bag in the header. It's tough to try and please everyone but I'm trying!

You know, I don't know if I like this game so much anymore :D

The site is always a work in progress though with things being added, tweaked, etc. I just re-did the review page for courses a bit by adding a button and moving a couple things around at the top of the page.

Hey Tim,
Just want you to know what you have done is really kool. I wouldn't matter if in was a blank screen up top if what we really were interested in was the promotion of disc golf itself. If you wanted to put ducks in a pond up top, what would it really matter, as long as we further the game of disc golf and NOT WORRY ABOUT THE SMALL THINGS IN LIFE. I don't think anything you have done is bad or wrong. Hell, most of my disc are Tye-dyed. If I can't make a good shot, at least the colors look kool going through the air. Keep up the good work and do it as YOU see fit.

Thanks discgnome, I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad you like the site. :)

In the end though, this site is more for you guys (the disc golfers) in a lot of ways than it is for me. It's meant to be a disc golf resource so input from members is always appreciated, no matter what it is, good or bad. Obviously if I disagree with something on a fundamental level, it won't happen but a lot of suggestions I've gotten have been for the better (ie. editing reviews). The bag thing isn't really that important in the grand scheme of things since it's just aesthetic but if I find some time to mess around with it I'll give it a shot. Right now the new features I have planned take precedence but it'll all get done at some point.

Hey True that about the grand scheme of things. If you do think about changes how about flames on the disc and explosions at the basket.(LOL) Only kidding there. Your ideas around a web site as this are great and with serious input from long time disc golfers, things can only get better. All of us must live the game as well as play if we are ever to see it advance to the level that Steady Ed had envisioned.