• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New look of Innova Champion

They should name the new look " Acetone Ready"

Hah!

At first glance the stamp looks a lot like discmania c-line. And I agree the font looks silly. Why in the hell do you have two different fonts on the same disc? One is serif and one is sans serif. Gahhhhhhhhhhh.

All things considered--I don't really give a poop what the stamp looks like, and its nice to change it so as to identify when a disc was made and/or how those particular molds tend to fly.

Cool. I honestly dont mind it, but I'm not going to sell any if my old stock innova. 10 years from now I'm gona be selling 2x champ beasts for CE prices.

New DGA D-Line vs New Champion - opinions?
I vote DGA did the better upgrade.

I could take or leave the circle on the Innova stamp. The multiple fonts is harsh to the eyes but meh. I really just don't like that Champion comes across more prominent than the mold name. This is surely going to add to this conversation:
"What'd you throw there?"
"It was a blue Innova."
"Innova what?"
"Innova Champion."
"Innova Champion what?"

I could get down with some D-Line Tsunamis with that stamp.

I like the way they look. My guess the change came because the new champion plastic blend. They tend to change design when plastic blends change....even just a little 'tweak' to blends, there will be a tweak in the design. Bigger changes to plastics normally mean a bigger change in stamps.

That's my understanding from some friends that work at Innova.

Meh wasnt a fan of the bubble font of the logo on the blizs...very cartoonish...maybe itll intice some people to buy um maybe it wont...I would go with the if its not broke dont fix it adage but if Innova felt they needed to revamp the stamp to usher in a redone line of plastic than so be it...:\

It however is better than the tri-stamp that's on blizzard, King Cobra and Super Stingray

I feel like we're going to see less oil slick and rainbow stamps now than ever before :(
this new stamp style doesn't have a very large footprint, so even if they did put a cool stamp on the disc, it probably would not present as well as it did on the old style. I think Discmania's C-Line circle looks 100 times better.

I really think it's just the bubbly font I don't care for. No prob with the rest of it.
Then again, outside the font and sig, there isn't much to the rest of it - which makes the font really pop.

Who knows, this might help them clear their stock of current Champ plastic from local store's shelves, 'cause no one wants to get stuck with the new stamp. Hit your local disc seller now, while they still have a decent selection of weights/colors with the old stamp! :rolleyes:

They should name the new look " Acetone Ready"
I don't dye, but I was thinking this stamp seems simplere and easier to remove - don't ask me why, I have no experience with that. Just seems like there's less to remove, maybe?

Last edited:
Yay! Another "bash the number one disc manufacturer of all time" thread!

Seriously, marketing is all about fresh, new ideas that keep product from being stagnant. And that's what we have here. It may not work for you all, or me, but as many, many posters on here have said in other threads (and this one) we are not Innova's target market. How many times have you seen someone on the course throwing speed 13 drivers and .aybe a midrange as a putter in champion plastic...I've seen it a lot. So that's who they're aiming for.

People like us are going to buy our favorites anyway, and reject anything new, so we're not the target market. I bet if you go show a picture of the new stamp style to one of your friends who is new to the game, they'll think its cool...and will promptly run out and purchase a World Champ sig Roc3...

I agree with most of what's being said here. At first glance I really disliked it. It does look like Discmania C-Line and there is less room for cool stamps. The more I see it the more I like it. I do hate the bubble inverted cartoon font. I noticed them using this on the McBeth Aviar. It makes those orange and black signature ones more appealing. Wish they didn't switch over for Paul's signature discs to drop. On the plus side the PLASTIC itself looks super clean and clear like the protos and their grips are premium.

Yay! Another "bash the number one disc manufacturer of all time" thread!

Seriously, marketing is all about fresh, new ideas that keep product from being stagnant. And that's what we have here. It may not work for you all, or me, but as many, many posters on here have said in other threads (and this one) we are not Innova's target market. How many times have you seen someone on the course throwing speed 13 drivers and .aybe a midrange as a putter in champion plastic...I've seen it a lot. So that's who they're aiming for.

People like us are going to buy our favorites anyway, and reject anything new, so we're not the target market. I bet if you go show a picture of the new stamp style to one of your friends who is new to the game, they'll think its cool...and will promptly run out and purchase a World Champ sig Roc3...

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd just stop throwing the first "cool" font idea they had on a disc. I wish they would take more time in their design department and really be innovative. They've flooded the market with alot of discs to keep sales coming in. They have the time. I have to agree with the majority. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Latest posts