• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New look of Innova Champion

Meh. Design fail for sure. Nice plastic, that I'll never buy.

champion

I could care less about the font, just looking for a bright colored disc that is easy to find on the course, reasonably priced, and weighs what it says its supposed to weigh

...just looking for a bright colored disc that is easy to find on the course, reasonably priced, and weighs what it says its supposed to weigh

MVP Neutron is what you seek. Get the hot pink (magenta), or yellow (dayglo). Those colors pop like crazy.

MVP Neutron is what you seek. Get the hot pink (magenta), or yellow (dayglo). Those colors pop like crazy.

QFT.

I picked up an amp and volt in those colors. Vibrant would be an understatement.

I like the swosh stamp that they used on the last run of CE and the old glow DX discs. this is just super cluttered and not professional in my opinion.

I know I quit buying Pepsi (sans fountain drinks) when their logo went to that God awful feminine font that they use now.

This isn't so bad, but yeah Innova, I don't like to have things fixed that weren't broke to begin with.

I think that they should have copied discraft (or whoever did it first) by putting the specific mold's font for the name. It looks really cool on Innova's bottom stamped destroyers, wraiths, boses and makos.

its nice to change it so as to identify when a disc was made and/or how those particular molds tend to fly.

My guess the change came because the new champion plastic blend. They tend to change design when plastic blends change....even just a little 'tweak' to blends, there will be a tweak in the design. Bigger changes to plastics normally mean a bigger change in stamps.

this makes a lot of sense. i never thought of it that way but it is nice now that we've have about 10 years of the same designs.

you can now immediately identify a "2000's innova disc"

I know that I'm in the vast minority, but, again... The more I look at it, the more I actually like it. I CAN'T WAIT to get one just like this in my hands!!! :clap:
picture.php

this makes a lot of sense. i never thought of it that way but it is nice now that we've have about 10 years of the same designs.

you can now immediately identify a "2000's innova disc"

How sweet would it be if they put run numbers on Innova molds.

I dont hate it... But I dont love it either? Hard to say, I'd like to see one in person. I would personally like to see more of opaque looking champ. I have a champ eagle that is not clear like all the other champ stuff I have and I love it. I am a sucker for the super clear champ stuff too tough, My buddy has an orange champ beast that has so much clarity you can clearly read his writing on the inside lip of the disc while looking at the top side edge of the wing and it is pretty slick.

I know that I'm in the vast minority, but, again... The more I look at it, the more I actually like it. I CAN'T WAIT to get one just like this in my hands!!! :clap:
picture.php

Not a huge fan, but it looks better than the previous stock stamps. Still under par compare to Swedish stamps IMHO.

Anyone noticed that the flight numbers on the "production roc3" are different than the usdgc release? Usdgc: 5/4/0/2. Production: 5/4/0/3. Ive gathered that the japan teams have been the most overatable out of the pre-releases, ive also heard that the production ones, as well as the GCC, are not as flat as the proto run (shocker right?). My japan team (178g) is the most "domey" of all of my roc3s. Does all of this insinuate that the production roc3s are going to fly more like.....well, a roc?

Latest posts