• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] New MVP Disc, the NANO

They usually announce it fully - name and disc type - then testers get it, I believe. So I don't think basing it off what testers have or don't have works here.

Searched "nano anode ion" in Google and the first hit is:

"Uniform Nano-Sn/C Composite Anodes for Lithium Ion Batteries" :)

Does Nano fit in with the Ion/Anode name scheme? Someone sciencey help me out here...

The saddest thing for me?

Regardless of whether it's a mini OR an overstable putt/approach, my all-MVP bag doesn't need it. I mean, I'll get one just to have it but it's not been like the previous releases. Each new disc had a definite spot in the all-MVP bag thus far, but I've never thrown OS putters, and minis are, well, minis. So I'm both excited and bummed.

Who knows. Maybe it's a lid. :)

Does Nano fit in with the Ion/Anode name scheme? Someone sciencey help me out here...

an anode is the part of a battery that gains electrons which then flow to the cathode. an ion is an atom that has gained or lost electrons. nano doesnt directly fit with the exchange of electrons as it is a metric prefix meaning one billionth. however, it could represent the fact that electrons and atoms are tiny. it could be argued either way, but based purely on the name i would assume mini.

New picture on facebook! Looks like a mini to me...

533337_511042982285915_538520980_n.jpg

99.99% that this is an overstable putter. Hold your Ions and Anodes up to your screen and simulate this angle - everything lines up, the logos, the size of the seam, the rim depth.

Also notice that - as opposed to my Anode - the 'wing' is raised up in the same way that they are with the drivers as stability increases. Amps wing is lower, volt neutral, shock sits highest. This one is much higher than the Anode, but otherwise a dead ringer.

K.

Judging by the side profile picture and PLH, it definitely doesn't look overstable. The PLH is almost identical to the Anode, the only difference being this has no dome at all. It looks shallow, but not overstable. So that pretty much leaves a shallow Ion/Anode or mini.

Last edited:
Judging by the side profile picture and PLH, it definitely doesn't look overstable. The PLH is almost identical to the Anode, the only difference being this has no dome at all. It looks shallow, but not overstable. So that pretty much leaves a shallow Ion/Anode or mini.

Or maybe I'm wrong, haha. fwiw, I hope they don't release this for a while yet. It gives me a solid 20 minutes of entertainment a night of late.

K.

an anode is the part of a battery that gains electrons which then flow to the cathode. an ion is an atom that has gained or lost electrons. nano doesnt directly fit with the exchange of electrons as it is a metric prefix meaning one billionth. however, it could represent the fact that electrons and atoms are tiny. it could be argued either way, but based purely on the name i would assume mini.

Nano could also be referring to the current frontier in science of nanoscale particles and technologies.

Honestly, I think I'd be happy whether it's full sized or mini judging from the picture. A shallow putter sounds interesting, and I'm always up for unique minis.

I also just noticed, this Nano doesn't have the words "Disc Company" under "MVP" like the rest of their discs.

i stacked up some anodes and it looks the same, but a mini would probably be proportionately smaller so it means nothing.

I've been looking for that one hidden clue from their pics of the Nano. This is all a game, really.

MVP has got us all by the sack. :popcorn:
Here's looking forward to more info next week.

The stack of Nanos in the picture do not show Nano on the overmold. All it shows is Gyro and MVP. Who's to say that's not a stack of Ions?

The stack of Nanos in the picture do not show Nano on the overmold. All it shows is Gyro and MVP. Who's to say that's not a stack of Ions?

The overmold is different imo....more beveled.... And the core looked different in the previous preview photo...thicker rim width....

Stickn with my speculation :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Nano could also be referring to the current frontier in science of nanoscale particles and technologies.

Thats kinda what I was thinking as well. The putters seem to be named based on parts of an atom. And since mvp uses proton and neutron for their plastics those names are out. Since you can measure atoms on a NANOscale.....We will see I guess..

Putter, my $0.02...