• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] No more ESP Zones? T or F?

Bugz36984

Birdie Member
I played the Columbus Ice bowl this past weekend and a kid there snatched up all the ESP Zones, and asking about them, he said that discraft is no longer making Zones in ESP plastic. Anyone know if this is true? I haven't seen anything on this, so I'm just guessing he was coo-coo

I personally throw the pig, but my buddy is a huge zone thrower. And if they are anything like the venoms (similar flight characteristics, just driver vs putter), they will skyrocket. Venoms tend to be 40-60 bucks nowadays. I can't see zones being that much, but who knows. If they do go OOP, I'll definately hoard a few for future trade bait :)

This is the first putter I ever got out to 300'. They are sneaky long and amazing for approach shots. If they would go OOP I would buy 20. 10 for throwing and 10 for selling.

How did the Z Reaper go OOP? I got one a month ago and it's my favorite discraft driver I've ever thrown.

The Reaper went OOP because it didn't sell. It's overshadowed by the Pred as Discraft's primary overstable workhorse because it had less distance potential, speed, and turned easier in the wind.

And believe me, I have a soft spot for Reapers (Hell, the first disc I ever bought was a Reaper (nobody told me how bad it would be for me in the long run)), but I definitely understand why they got rid of them.

Last edited:
I played the Columbus Ice bowl this past weekend and a kid there snatched up all the ESP Zones, and asking about them, he said that discraft is no longer making Zones in ESP plastic. Anyone know if this is true? I haven't seen anything on this, so I'm just guessing he was coo-coo

Mike just got some back in stock as of yesterday at Disc Golf Mart if you're a Columbus dude.

Does anyone ever look at Discraft's online order form? That's a good reference to what's available. Currently they only have the max weights.

They were probably too stiff....

I'm betting on this.
PDGA is cracking down on disc stiffness nowadays.
I have a couple and they are stiff as wood.

If you like the stiff feel, then you'd better stock up.

I'm betting on this.

Odd. I would not call my Zones stiff at all. Not floppy, but not as stiff as my Z Buzzz. Keep your hands off my Buzzz and Zone PDGA!

I'm betting on this.

I have several from different runs. They're all firm, but none are anywhere near stiff as wood.

I do like seeing this rumor again. The insanity of people picking them up over the chance it's true ensures they'll sell well and stay in production.

Latest posts