• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NoExcuses DiscGolf

Wow, that really sucks. 200 bones isn't much but it's 200 bones nonetheless. I say shake him down. I can't stand a thief. In some countries they cut off fingers and hands for that tomfoolery.

So, here's the story I got from Dave today. He lost his day job that was financing his bag making, so he can't afford to finish the bags. In my case, some portion of my bag is at the embroidery shop, but he can't afford to pay. He says that he's trying to come up with the money to get the bags finished. The biggest problem I have with this is that I paid in full up front. I wonder how much Emac or Paul McBeth had to pay for their bags. How were those bags financed? I imagine that the few of us who have paid for bags up front have financed the bags that he has actually made for the pros. Shady.

Hey Bugless, how long have you been waiting for your bag? And the same question to anybody else waiting for a bag. I paid in full as well and 11 weeks for a bag is absolutely ridiculous when I was told 6-8 initially.

Also, how were you contacting him?

This is just awful news. The Facebook is deleted?? Will he at least re-fund the money??? I wonder how many bags are still needing to be done! $200 a pop can add up fast.

Dave isn't one to steal but before you guys start bashing go.to your.local embroidery shop and tell me how much it cost. Then get back to me on why you think there is such a hold up. Tony Odem I saw the emails you sent I don't blame dave for not emailing back. He had your bag finished 4 to 5 weeks ago but can't afford to pay for your signature name. Bugless your is also holding on embroidery and I wish I could say thats and easy thing to get done but again go to your local shop and ask to get your stuff priced

Dave isn't one to steal but before you guys start bashing go.to your.local embroidery shop and tell me how much it cost. Then get back to me on why you think there is such a hold up. Tony Odem I saw the emails you sent I don't blame dave for not emailing back. He had your bag finished 4 to 5 weeks ago but can't afford to pay for your signature name. Bugless your is also holding on embroidery and I wish I could say thats and easy thing to get done but again go to your local shop and ask to get your stuff priced

If they pre-paid this shouldn't be an issue, no?

The issue is that Dave gave them a price for the numbers he had. Material,labor,embroidery ect.so.everything was priced correct.so when the embroidery guy bounced out Dave had no one to go to for the embroidery to get done. So in order for him to have it done by someone new it would be a minimum $50.per design and that is a 1/4 of the bag

Sounds like they bit off more than they could chew. Not responding to your customers is bad business regardless of how irate the customer reacts in correspondence. If I prepaid $200+ and was quoted 6-8 weeks and then waited 11 and couldn't get a response I'd be pretty upset too.

No there were emails sent back and forth between the 2 even a comp. Bag was offered but someone just wanted to keep slamming someones business. So really don't blame NEDG it was just a freak and random situation he got put into.

Paul, the emails I sent "slamming" were me noticing a business that is poorly run and calling him out on that. I'm not ashamed for what I said and will post those for all to see. If you're going operate under a business name, then you should operate as a business. If it was david gunshore making custom disc golf bags, I would be more understanding, but I ordered a bag through a company, no excuses disc golf, thus I expect the service I would get should I order through say, voodoo disc golf.
My main concern through this whole thing has been a lack of communication. I got on here today to find a way to contact this "company," not to bash dave, and to protect other consumers. If people want to take that as me being an angry customer, that's not right at all, but I will do my best to protect myself from being screwed over.
It's very misleading and unfortunate to continue to be given completion dates, and then when those days come and go you receive no response when asking questions. I have a right to ask about a product that I paid for, and while it is only $200, I'm a full time college student who works 35 hours a week to pay for that education, and $200 is a lot to me, especially when it becomes $400 because I have to order another bag.

Well all you have is Dave Gunshore.making your bag. Your bag was ready to go but he couldn't get the embroidery. He was more than willing to give you a 2nd comp. bag for your delays and no embroidery but you wanted to continue to complain instead of taking more then what you paid for. Also with VooDoo they don't do custom bags so.it's really not comparable.

What good does a 2nd bag do for me??? If I paid for a custom designed and embroidered bag, that's all that I want. when I'm being told after terms were agreed to that I have to pay $50 more, I'm gonna complain, because that's not an error in his planning that should fall on my shoulders. All I wanted was my bag as I ordered it. After I finally got in contact with him he said he could complete my bag within a week and would still send me a comp bag with the order. I was accepting of that, but once again, it's been longer than the time I was given and my attempts to communicate aren't being reciprocated. How is this in any way, shape or form my fault?

What good does a 2nd bag do for me??? If I paid for a custom designed and embroidered bag, that's all that I want. when I'm being told after terms were agreed to that I have to pay $50 more, I'm gonna complain, because that's not an error in his planning that should fall on my shoulders. All I wanted was my bag as I ordered it. After I finally got in contact with him he said he could complete my bag within a week and would still send me a comp bag with the order. I was accepting of that, but once again, it's been longer than the time I was given and my attempts to communicate aren't being reciprocated. How is this in any way, shape or form my fault?

as more of this comes out it sounds like he was being more than fair. the guy's in a hard spot, it's a one man shop, you need to cut him some slack.

I had no idea it was a one-man shop. I had been seeing things about a No Excuses factory and I thought that Paul, Brittany, and John were all working with him. When youvoperate under a business name, you should operate as a business. Enough said.

If you paid for a custom product then either the company delivers or you get a refund, its that simple. NoExcuses should eat the cost on this and finish the bag.