• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Not even a cubby ace, but it was awesome

Great story, Prerube. :thmbup: And way cooler than a Cubby ace.

I heard that today is gonna suck at work, but it will be better since I will be thinking of this.

clever little bastard

I dont know why, this, in this thread, reminded me of the Chapelle Show rerun I watched last night where he played the kid with cancer a game of basketball on a video game. I started LMAO in my office.

Anyway; that is awesome Prerube.

I agree - this is the best ace thread ever, and in my book - you can add that to you ace count!
Add a million bonus points too...you deserve it! Heck- I just gave you an extra gold star too!

You are an awesome teacher!

Reminds me of There's Something About Mary.

[after telling Mary that he's an architect]
Pat Healy: Really, it's only a side thing for my true passion.
Mary: And what's that?
Pat Healy: I work with retards.
Mary: Isn't that a little politically incorrect?
Pat Healy: Yeah, maybe, but hell, no one's gonna tell me who I can and can't work with.

Pat Healy: We got this one kid, Mongo... He's got a forehead like a drive-in movie theatre, but he's a good ship. So we don't bust his chops too much. So, one day Mongo gets out of his cage...
Mary: They keep him in a cage?
Pat Healy: Well, it's just an enclosure...
Mary: No, but they keep him confined?
Pat Healy: Right, yeah.
Mary: That's bull****!
Pat Healy: Well, that's what I said! So, I went out and I got him, uh, I got him a leash.
Mary: A leash?
Pat Healy: Yeah, one of those ones you can hook on the clothesline, and he can run back and forth and, uh, there's plenty of room for him to dig and play. That kid is really, uh, he's really blossomed.

Pat Healy: We got this one kid, Mongo... He's got a forehead like a drive-in movie theatre, but he's a good ship. So we don't bust his chops too much. So, one day Mongo gets out of his cage...
Mary: They keep him in a cage?
Pat Healy: Well, it's just an enclosure...
Mary: No, but they keep him confined?
Pat Healy: Right, yeah.
Mary: That's bull****!
Pat Healy: Well, that's what I said! So, I went out and I got him, uh, I got him a leash.
Mary: A leash?
Pat Healy: Yeah, one of those ones you can hook on the clothesline, and he can run back and forth and, uh, there's plenty of room for him to dig and play. That kid is really, uh, he's really blossomed.

Good stuff. I might have to watch that movie someday. :)

Good stuff. I might have to watch that movie someday. :)

Own it. Favorite Stiller moving followed closely by Meet the parents, then a drop off to along came polly, then a huge drop off to most of the rest of his movies, and Little Fockers comming out doesnt look much better.

must... not... threadjack... great thread... But dodgeball is another really good Stiller movie, as was Zoolander.

I would give it to you for an actual ace as it is the best ace story I have heard.

As for the purists of the sport, you could categorize as an ace with a heart as opposed to an asteric*

pw

what a great story Prerube, thanks for sharing. But, I too, would consider that an ace... need to develop the right name for it (like in the 'Purple/Black Ace' thread).. so how about, the DH Ace? Designated Hitter?

*cough* Tropic Thunder is better *cough cough*

amazing ace, wish it was filmed.

must... not... threadjack... great thread... But dodgeball is another really good Stiller movie, as was Zoolander.

Best movie he's been in has been Happy Gilmore.

"You could trouble me for a warm glass of SHUT THE HELL UP!"

I wish I had a cool physical education teacher like you when I was in school.

what a great story Prerube, thanks for sharing. But, I too, would consider that an ace... need to develop the right name for it (like in the 'Purple/Black Ace' thread).. so how about, the DH Ace? Designated Hitter?

I like the DH ace :)
It was a short hole and the basket was the innova Traveller, so I won't be bragging about the fact it was an ace, but I know what an ace feels like now and do enjoy telling the stories. Thanks for all of the comments.

What a guy... you made that kid's day and that's pretty awesome!!

prerube gets the coolest dude award vote from me

Latest posts