• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Not sure where to post this...

paramaniac

Bogey Member
Hi All,

It's been a long time since I've been on the forum. A few years ago I suffered a pretty severe back injury and am no longer able to play. I can't even drive a car any longer. I've been holding on to my gear hoping I would be able to get back on the course, but sadly, that's not going to happen.

Here's what I'd like to do:

Give away my gear to a newbie that lives in my area. If I can't find someone local in a few weeks, I'll open the door to mailing further out. I'm only saying I want to stay local because it was someone local to me that got me into the sport and gave me some discs to get going.

PM me with your info and hopefully we can make something happen. In the meantime, I will get pics of the discs and the bag uploaded.

Moderators, if this post is inappropriate, please remove.

I will say that typing this post hurts me only second to having just sold a Jeep that I had modified personally for off roading. I loved playing the game and will miss it dearly.

I'm very sorry that that has happened to you. I hope that even though this is tragic you will find something else that sparks your interest. With all my heart I wish you the best of luck in the future.

I hate to hear about your injury and the impacts it has had, but I admire the hell out of your gesture. Good luck and good fortune to you going forward.

I hope that your recovery will be better than expected thus far.
It is great that you want to help someone in your community.
May your future be bright with possibilities beyond all.

I hope there's a deserving newbie out there for your touching gesture.
And your photos are awesome.

Keep positive!!! I would suggest craigslist, but offering discs for free would probably get you bombarded with people that might not play or need it. Maybe (if feasible) you could go to a local course and find someone that would benefit? Or contact a local league and let them know your desires to find someone new to help. Good luck. Even with limits, don't ever accept it as fact. Keep grinding!

Some people are amazing, like you. In your hard time, you are still looking to pay it forward. Good luck and best wishes!

Stay behind your camera! Your pics are truly awesome.

As for your discs and bag... it will work itself out. Just hang around some disc golfers and the opportunity to do what you want to do will present itself.

Did I mention how good your pictures are?

Truly an amazing gesture. Thank you for your effort to enhance the DG community!

Very nice gesture, also hope for speedy recovery. Would definitely recommend contacting your local disc golf club for assistance in finding an honest newbie who's not just looking for free stuff.

http://sedgleywoods.com/

This link should lead you to a local club near you that can help you find a newbie.

Yup - great folks from what I saw. Just went there for the first time on a business trip. Seems like they have a lot going on, I'm sure they can identify a bunch of newbies to get starter gear to.

As others have said or alluded:

1) I genuinely hope things aren't as bad as they seem. Maybe you'll discover another activity you're able to participate in that you find fulfilling.

2) Quite nice of you to pay it forward, particularly when things are down. Maybe it'll help knowing your gear's being used.

Keeping it local seems appropriate. If you live fairly close to Philly, there have got to be some busy courses in the area where you can find some relative newbs who'd be happy to get whatever your giving.

Huge thanks to everyone for all of the kind words and well wishes. I will definitely miss the game and all of the great folks I met while playing.

The discs and bag have found a place where they will be used in the way I hoped they would: to benefit my favorite course and any new players that need some help getting a good bag set up.

Again, thanks to you all and your kind words...

I have no great advice. As I whine about all the trivial stuff that doesn't matter.

I can only hope that something amazing happens with your recovery and you can throw again some day.

This can't be easy and I applaud you for trying to give back.

My only advice is to show up at the local course and talk to some players and see who is really deserving of this in the area..

Last edited:
Sorry man, hope things work out for you.

I used to play back in the late 90's still use the same discs. Maybe one day you will be able to return to playing.

Last edited:

Latest posts