• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] NUKE OS????!

midmittendgfiend

Par Member
any of yall know whats the good on this??? im interested. i love my nuke and cant wait to get the ss. im pretty sure th os stands for overstable and id like to start getting into more overstable stuff. but hey we shall see how its rated if that matters at all. im kinda pumped though!!:)

I have a friend who is pumped for it too. The problem is that he used to have the Z Nuke dialed in, consistently getting 390-420 out of it. The problem is we have another friend who almost effortlessly can get it out 450-470. Trying to match this power thrower has snuck some OAT into his form as he tries to squeeze more distance out of it. He now has to throw Forces to get a flight with any kind of fade on it and about half the time he ditches his Nuke far off to the right. He is desperate for the Nuke OS to come out because he thinks it is going to solve all his problems.

it very well could!! im starting to get a feel for more overstable stuff so i would like to try a nuke os after i get this ss so i can have a good roller. hopefully they can all find a space in my bag and i can have a lil nuke family goin on hahah!!

Another useless fad disc :(

The Z Nukes are stable enough as is.

I concur, I feel like the Force would be nearly the same disc except it is one notch slower. Unless, you are throwing 400+ I don't think you will see a lot of difference between a speed 12 and 13. Whatever works though, to each his own.

At least the arms (power players) that I've seen throw nukes. Not much to write home about. Granted you can get some monster monster distance, but that monster distance is rarely accurate.

Better off using a beat in Destroyer.

Just out of curiosity and yes i know this is off topic but what is a "cubby ace"? Also TxDiscGolfBoy whats your name? You play in north dallas at all?

Luke here man.

Cubby Ace = a "hole n one" granted it wasn't your "drive"

I hit mine on my 4th shot emptying my bag on the last hole of course.

Yeah, you made it from pad to chains in 1 shot....but it wasn't your first.

youtube.com "cubby ace" -- how many does this guy have now?

Nah. It's an inconsistent disc.

Inconsistent like the rest of the High Speed "understable" drivers:

Katana
Groove
Nuke
Hurricane (the most consistent out of all these I've seen and or thrown)

Personally, I throw Valks further and twice as accurate as any of those drivers.

Last edited:
I think thats a disc selection error then. No one ever said 13s are the most accurate disc at full power, but they will inevitably be the longest in most hands. Nuke is really versatile and im not surprised c.h. does so well with them.
Anyway, bring on the OS! whens it expected? cause my force went for a swim

Last edited:
OATs are for horses. a more overstable nuke is a great temporary way to bury the problem.

absolutly love the nuke os, its so predicatble people seem to hate the nuke os untill they throw with max power and need to start having a disc that will act overstable no matter what. i'm on my 5th nuke os cuz i love to use it for the fact that i know where its gonna go. i really enjoy using large spike hyzers where the disc pretty much goes dead straight about 250' to 300' and if there is no ceiling it never seems like a bad idea and works out the majority of the time

Latest posts