• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Number of courses...

AJ_86

Double Eagle Member
How many courses are in your area? I have four. That's it. Two eighteens, a nine and a twenty-four.

I look at other areas of the nation and see dozens in the same size area. Jacksonville is a major US city and it is a DG wasteland. I clicked on some cities and can hardly see the map through the little basket icons.

Do you feel that your area has a good selection of courses?

There are so many courses opening around here (St. Paul, MN), I'm losing ground in my goal of playing all the courses within an afternoon's range.

There are numerous courses near my hometown here in GA. Some are literally minutes away from my house!

Got over 20 within 50 miles of Atlanta, including #5 in the world. I have played 19 of the 30 that come up for me.

45 within 50 miles of 18036 including a former top 10 (Tyler) and all the 2005 World's courses. At least two new courses are being installed right now. I've only been able to get to 18 of them in the past year.

45 within 50 miles of 18036 including a former top 10 (Tyler) and all the 2005 World's courses. At least two new courses are being installed right now. I've only been able to get to 18 of them in the past year.

Tyler might be in the top 10 without your rating of a 4.0!

Have you put any thought into updating your review after playing the full 27?

There's quite a few in my area, but they're REALLY spread out. So instead of killing myself to get to them, I've taken to playing object golf at some local parks. Have u tried it?

In Columbus the numbers are going up. there are 10 solid courses now all 45 min or less. but the area that comes to mind is Cincinnatti. they have so many courses its ridiculous. very jealous

Houston - about 40 within 50 miles of center. However - Houston is more quantity over quality, so we're not as blessed as we could be. :)

There are 2 in my area and they're right across the street from each other, 9 hole and a 16 hole (adding the last two baskets this month). Other than that I have to drive an hour or more to get to something else (worth playing). There is a 9 hole about 45 min from me though. If I lived an hour west in Akron/Canton I would be able to play like 20 different courses in a 20 mile radius.

There are about 40 within 50 miles of me as well. There isn't a lot right by my house, but I have all kind of different courses to choose from. Idlewild is 49 miles away, I just haven't made it that far to play it yet.

66 courses within 50 miles of me... Can't complain too much. Still I would love to see a new champ-caliber course in Lake county.

I dislike all of you... lucky bastards. :thmbdown:

The total numbers don't mean much in the Chicago area.

77 courses within 50 miles of downtown Chicago. Maybe 5 of them are worth a 15-20 minute drive.

Sure, the Joliet area and Lemon Lake, IN are worth the drive, but it is truly amazing how many poorly designed courses are in suburban Chicago. :doh:

I have none within 20-30 minutes of me, but about 60 within a little over an hour. Unfotunately the vast majority of those are crappy 9s.

I'm within an hour of about 30 courses (including Idlewild), I have 2 18-Hole courses & a 9-Hole course within 10 minutes (Veterans Park is a 3 minute drive) and another 9-Hole & a 24-Hole that are 15 minutes away. The Central KY area isn't bad because we are with a couple hours of the Bowling Green Area, Cincy Area, Louisville Area and the Huntington WV areas plus the local courses.

Latest posts