• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OB rules?

OB options

• Surrounded by water

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 2 meter rule

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Nothing

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Everything

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters

Roc1Time

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Me and the guys I play with always play sidewalk and beyond OB, water and beyond, street and beyond, and 2 meter rule. We like playing all of those things OB because of the challenge and I think that it has made me a better player for it. You cant just throw wildly and you have to place shots sometimes. Now on some courses it comes into play far more then others for sure and scores can change big time if you dont play everything OB. And I know the 2 meter rule is optional nowadays but most tourneys down here, they still play it. So my question is, does everyone play this way? Why or why not? Any thoughts?

Only if it is marked on the tee sign or stated at a players meeting. Sometimes OB is added to level out righty/lefty differential on courses here

IF it can be thrown where it is, I throw it from there. If there is absolutely no way I can, I go for 2 meter. That is probably only if it goes it water or it ends up on the other side of a real busy street.

i always play street outta bounds and surrounded by ob water , but unless the sidewalk is stated as out of bounds i wouldnt count as ob and i wouldnt coumt a disc surrounded by water ob unles it was stated as well.

love the 2meter rule though

During a casual round we normally play normal OB's such as pavement, gravel road, etc. However we do play that if you throw in the water you don't have to take a stroke if you are willing to hop in and play it like it lies. We just have a river that runs through a few holes on my home course so you can always see your disc in the water unless it recently rained.

Well on Tiger Woods disc golf anything not in the fairway is OB... even sand traps.

Not that this info helps at all, I just want to complain.

Tiger woods can go crap in his hat, we'd all kick his ass in disc golf!
We play by whatever is still in effect from the last tourney, usually. Surrounded by water is always OB as are marked trees. Make you ready for the next tournament.

I never use to play OB. even if a sign said OB, it wasn't to me. in the past 6 months or so, i've changed my mind. I play whatever is marked as OB and 2m rule and that's about it. But i like the idea of making a course harder than it is with Mandos and OB.

Me and the guys I play with always play sidewalk and beyond OB, water and beyond, street and beyond, and 2 meter rule. We like playing all of those things OB because of the challenge and I think that it has made me a better player for it. You cant just throw wildly and you have to place shots sometimes. Now on some courses it comes into play far more then others for sure and scores can change big time if you dont play everything OB. And I know the 2 meter rule is optional nowadays but most tourneys down here, they still play it. So my question is, does everyone play this way? Why or why not? Any thoughts?

I play same same. Ol' school rules..... Just makes you better and more accurate

I play it where it lays (assuming it's reachable) and stroke myself (so to speak) if it's OB.

Tell me I didn't just say that! :eek:

I play all the same OB's you listed along with the 2M rule. I agree that it helps make you a better play and really gets you ready for tournaments. I like playing "golf" rather than just playing "deuce or die". I prefer the challenge of taking the OB's into consideration and finding a safe landing spot. I also like having to think about setting myself up for the next shot.

Generally my friends and I don't play OB. Not that on courses here there are many, but we generally play laid back. If you throw it in the water we feel that is penalty enough.

just make sure before a round you discuss your "house rules" to anyone that dosnt normally play with you, as some people might get pissed if your try to tell them half way they gotta take a stroke for throwing in casual water thats not o.b. (same goes for 2m and mulligans).

the way we always play it is you gotta call it before hand or only official rules count.

just make sure before a round you discuss your "house rules" to anyone that dosnt normally play with you, as some people might get pissed if your try to tell them half way they gotta take a stroke for throwing in casual water thats not o.b. (same goes for 2m and mulligans).

the way we always play it is you gotta call it before hand or only official rules count.

Casual water does not count, thats why its called casual.

Latest posts