• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Object Courses

DGtourist

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
What is yall's opinion on object courses? I've never played one because it just doesn't feel like it is worth my time. I've heard of a few that have great scenery and a friend and I marked up a few frees and poles in a park once, but I just crave the cling of chains.
-DGtourist

We only had object courses to play here in Murray until a couple of years ago. Now, almost no one plays them any more. I do occasionally play two object courses a couple of blocks from my house. One just because of proximity and the other because it has some cool shots. Wj\hen the wife is fixing supper or something and I don't have much time they are a good option.

Word, gotta have them chains....

....yeah, I hear you on that one. I have played some object courses myself, most notably one in Yellowstone Park, but without the sound of those hangin' chains and that one-of-a-kind (sometimes yellow) metallic silhouette in the distance, it isn't the same. Baskets are like a set of wings (yes, like Clarence's) for a course....it means the course is now official and can truly be played according to PDGA rules. I'll shoot at a Bingo Hall marquee if thats all there is around, but if i can help it, courses with baskets are the best use of my DG time......take for example the 40 footer i sunk for birdie on hole 9 at Cactus Flats DGC in Kingman, AZ today. Chingggg!! Yeah!!! Heavenly....

When I started playing almost 30 years ago there were no baskets, at least not where I'm from, so all courses were object. I fell in love with the game on object courses. If there were no baskets I would still play, but once you have played with them you really do not want to go back to objects.

Lol, I made a 28 hole object course close to my house, we spray painted 2 horizontal lines around trees and then put the number in the middle, you have to hit inside the lines, but its deffinetly not the same as hearing those chains, its like playing BBall with no net on the rim, its just not the same

We have an object course here in Oregon that I still play once a week. It's the painted lines, like you mentioned. True, nothing beats the chains, but it is still a fun course to play, with some great holes. I like it because it's local, and because it's empty, always. I mean, it's no Pier Park, but that takes me 30 minutes to get to, vs. 5 minutes, so if I only have an hour to spare, I'll play my local object course. It doesn't do anything for my putting game, but it does give me good drive and upshot practice.