• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

October 6 Madeline Bertrand Fall Disc Derby

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
LINKY

So anyone going to this? I am going to go and this will be the first tourney I have ever played. Planning on hitting up the Master's division since I did turn 40 and all this year. :wall: It would be interesting to meet up with some other DGCR'ers there.

-Dave

That's a good course for masters golf, all right.

Is the entry fee more or less than the $9.00 to play the course? :p

Ha, I can't either.

I was just surprised to see a tourney at that course; it is so old school, and so pricey just to play regularly.

Ha, I can't either.

I was just surprised to see a tourney at that course; it is so old school, and so pricey just to play regularly.

Yeah, I donno about this. I've never played in a tourney before in all the disc golf I've played so I figure why not hit the one that is closest to my house and see what it's like. Maybe it's worth the $23 day-of registration + parking fee. If not and it's bad enough let's just say I am a voter in Berrien County and I do know who my county commissioners are. ;) Seeing how this is a county park, I may get somewhere. Then again, it can't be that bad because looking through previous score results it always looks like they get a decent turn-out.

Funny, I talked with a MB regular once at MB about the redesign done at Rum Village down the way. I told him it was great because they, "even have a hole that's over 600'" He said he hated the new layout because it was, "Too f***ing long." :p Old school is as old school does I guess.

Welp...as it turns out. I completely and utterly suck at tournaments.

At least I won a door prize - $15 gift card to Applebees. :hfive:

I played the summer doubles tourney in June, it was my 1st tourney too. I did like the friendly environment but i wish u would of got something for your $25

You should give a PDGA tourney a try too. Those Bertrand tournaments are fun in their own right, but it feels good to get paid out (in plastic) for playing well. Hopefully the Michiana club is pulling off a PDGA event soon...

Latest posts